Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New to MMO's

lucianobck
01.05.2013 , 08:32 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Talon_Starfire View Post
Which do people find is easier to play Sorcerer or Assassin?
Thanks
Man do a Juggernaut not play with sage for your good

MasterFeign
01.06.2013 , 02:57 AM | #12
Is the 23/1/17 good for levelling?
It's a pvp specific build, so from 10-41 just go with like full madness or full deception, then you can rearrange the points afterwards.

Talon_Starfire
01.06.2013 , 08:32 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterFeign View Post
Once you're level 50 as a Sorc, you'll have a number of slows, pushbacks and stuns to help prevent a melee class attacking you. The far right tree (madness) also helps with DoTing (damage over time) which means even when you're not attacking, your opponent will be damaged by your attacks. This helps if you need to run away from them a lot not allowing them to be able to attack you.
Is this a good spec for levelling & PvP?
Thanks
May the Gray Jedi Order Prevail Server: Prophecy of the Five
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

Talon_Starfire
01.06.2013 , 05:18 PM | #14
Once you're level 50 as a Sorc, you'll have a number of slows, pushbacks and stuns to help prevent a melee class attacking you. The far right tree (madness) also helps with DoTing (damage over time) which means even when you're not attacking, your opponent will be damaged by your attacks. This helps if you need to run away from them a lot not allowing them to be able to attack you.
How is Wrath compared to Raze?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.
Jhornak - Sith Assassin Zarchon - Jedi Shadow Cadezann - Smuggler Vistani -Trooper

MasterFeign
01.06.2013 , 05:20 PM | #15
Is this a good spec for levelling & PvP?
Thanks
I'd stay out of the tanking abilities in darkness, this is the build I've come up with http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...MZfMfRrMkbfz.2

Quite similar, but makes use of maul. Your best bet to use it is when both Duplicity and Exploitive strikes are up.

Talon_Starfire
01.06.2013 , 05:36 PM | #16
I'd stay out of the tanking abilities in darkness, this is the build I've come up with http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...MZfMfRrMkbfz.2

Quite similar, but makes use of maul. Your best bet to use it is when both Duplicity and Exploitive strikes are up.
I'm not disagreeing but why stay out of Darkness?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.

MasterFeign
01.06.2013 , 08:35 PM | #17
I'm not disagreeing but why stay out of Darkness?
Thanks
lightning reflexes and lightning recovery are only good if you have a shield (at best) or are using dark ward (for increased shield chance and by proxy a better chance to use both the previous stated passive moves.

However, what I intend to do for endgame is use a shield generator but put dps related mods into them and spec into some of those abilities. Part of the reason is I have no choice though, but I'll still get good damage out.

Talon_Starfire
01.07.2013 , 05:59 AM | #18
lightning reflexes and lightning recovery are only good if you have a shield (at best) or are using dark ward (for increased shield chance and by proxy a better chance to use both the previous stated passive moves.

However, what I intend to do for endgame is use a shield generator but put dps related mods into them and spec into some of those abilities. Part of the reason is I have no choice though, but I'll still get good damage out.
I think I settled on Assassin but is Madness Thrash better than Voltaic Slash?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.

Talon_Starfire
01.07.2013 , 11:29 AM | #19

I do enjoy tanking and I've done it before just not in a MMO & Madness seems cool so which tree do you advise?
Thanks
Looking for Sith guild.

MasterFeign
01.07.2013 , 12:19 PM | #20
I do enjoy tanking and I've done it before just not in a MMO & Madness seems cool so which tree do you advise?
Thanks
I've only tried deception when the game was quite new, I switched to darkness fairly early on. Deception has good bursty damage but not the best survivability.

Madness is great for stopping caps and has medium survivability. You just have to keep up on using the DoTs.

I'd still recommend Madness though, as it was fun on my sage (the mirror class), and I bet can be translated quite well as an assassin.