Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UPDATED Dueling Tournament

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > Dalborra
UPDATED Dueling Tournament

azzhealy
01.28.2013 , 03:38 AM | #121
Congratulations to those winners now updated into the 2nd post, I apologize I wasn't there today but I got called into work for a 24hour period. Woofi was very capable of running the event in my absence.

2 more AC's to go next Sunday then the Grand Tournament the following Sunday looking forward to the completion of the Tournament.

Lets try to restrain ourselves from taking this forum off subject.

Rorkiy
01.28.2013 , 03:40 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Michka View Post
Yeah I just gotta say, Idk what not playing very often has to do with being feared and skilled in WZs. Doesn't really matter that Jwalsh and Azn don't play much atm cause of work obligations, when they *are* around, they are still just as dangerous as ever.

I don't think it's very fair to them or their abilities to write them off just because they don't play as often as they used to.
Just reiterating what's been said above ^, just 'cause they're not on, doesn't mean they shouldn't be feared. Ntm that it's not fair if they can't/don't play on those toons/at all as much anymore. When they DO however, be afraid

Also, could we try to keep this thread on-topic please?
Rorkiy - Guardian; Shiroyasha - Shadow; Rorkiys - Sentinel; Rorkies - Scoundrel
The Ecihos Legacy
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

Dafydil
01.28.2013 , 04:54 AM | #123
Sup, btw I am dropping out of the tourney. Didn't want to do it in the first place, was pressured to, and still don't want to do it now. Ty, have a nice day.
Dafydil merc (Midian)
Jazre mando (Don't Panic)

MystbladeWA
01.28.2013 , 06:15 AM | #124
I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).

I entered on my Sin with unfinished min/max gear and did better than i expected, won 1 round, lost 2 but i had fun and it was good to contribute to a server wide event.
Hold'My'Beer Chill
I'Got'This Legacy

-Holmes
01.28.2013 , 06:20 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
I think people are making a bigger deal about this than it needs to be. Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).

I entered on my Sin with unfinished min/max gear and did better than i expected, won 1 round, lost 2 but i had fun and it was good to contribute to a server wide event.
Dude. Takes guts to even enter this tournament. I didn't enter on my vanguard cause I was nowhere near geared and I know I still have much to learn(mainly because I don't play as much as I used to). Kudos to you for at least giving it a shot.

Rorkiy
01.28.2013 , 06:52 AM | #126

Exactly! Kudos to you for joining, was great fun that time =)

I was actually reluctant to enter the tournament believe it or not haha

Its just a bit of fun with a credit reward (and lets be honest, most serious players in the game have plenty of credits).
I'm actually poor (._.)
The Ecihos Legacy

Mictian
01.28.2013 , 10:23 AM | #127
It's just come to my realisation that the Sunday of the grand finals is the first day of Chinese New Year, which is to me what Christmas is to most of you. Should the competition timing for that day remain the same as the schedule for past tournaments, I will most likely not be able to reach home on time as I have commitments where tradition is concerned.

There is a very high chance that I would not be able to get online in time for the start of the tournament, as such, I would like for Kevayrts (Sniper from NS) to take my place should the organisers deem such a replacement acceptable in my circumstance. If I'm not mistaken, he came in 3rd after a very close match with me and therefore deserves the position in my absence. This request is completely unbiased by guild affiliation (Haha, I made a joke).

But srsly, I'm not going to be available. Unless the starting time is pushed back for like, at least an hour. Which would be stupid. Or one of my grandparents die. Which would still make me not able to go cause of sadness (I just touched some wood there so it's all good). I will shut up now.
Notorious Synergy - Cathleen | Emeriene

Rorkiy
01.28.2013 , 10:24 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by Mictian View Post
It's just come to my realisation that the Sunday of the grand finals is the first day of Chinese New Year, which is to me what Christmas is to most of you. Should the competition timing for that day remain the same as the schedule for past tournaments, I will most likely not be able to reach home on time as I have commitments where tradition is concerned.

There is a very high chance that I would not be able to get online in time for the start of the tournament, as such, I would like for Kevayrts (Sniper from NS) to take my place should the organisers deem such a replacement acceptable in my circumstance. If I'm not mistaken, he came in 3rd after a very close match with me and therefore deserves the position in my absence. This request is completely unbiased by guild affiliation (Haha, I made a joke).

But srsly, I'm not going to be available. Unless the starting time is pushed back for like, at least an hour. Which would be stupid. Or one of my grandparents die. Which would still make me not able to go cause of sadness (I just touched some wood there so it's all good). I will shut up now.
Oh dear, now that you mention it, I might be unavailable as well being a Chinese guy in HK... =S
The Ecihos Legacy

SamuelAU
01.28.2013 , 10:30 AM | #129
I think all of the snipers, gunslingers, marauders and sentinels should be given credit for competing in the first post the same as the other classes.
Gomerik // Lumbridge

Mictian
01.28.2013 , 10:35 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post
I think all of the snipers, gunslingers, marauders and sentinels should be given credit for competing in the first post the same as the other classes.
Seconded. As someone mentioned somewhere in an earlier post I can't be bothered to recall (with no prejudice to the poster whoever it may be), it takes some serious balls to even compete. They deserve recognition. I'm sure you can get the participant's names from a video or something to that effect, haha

Though on that note, no one should feel pressured to compete as it would contradict the spirit of this tournament. I'm sad that I won't get to cheer for you come Sunday Daff, but I respect your decision to step down all the same (:
Notorious Synergy - Cathleen | Emeriene