Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Analysis of the smashdemic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Analysis of the smashdemic

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 09:57 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
So shadows ARE a tank class?.................

Yes and quite a few things in this game are OP'd... including the alt AC you happen to be rolling...

Nerf Guards; Buff Sent FTW?
Sent is my main. GS is my alt which I play now.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.04.2013 , 09:59 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Fat trolls are fat...
You got something against fat people?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 10:03 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
Of 24 skill trees - 3 are tanking trees. It's not semantics. By your logic you'd be fine with smash as long as a pure DPS class had it... oh wait one does. You need to stop, no need to admit you are wrong, just stop.
Doesn't change the fact that smash is OP.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.04.2013 , 10:04 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Sent is my main. GS is my alt which I play now.

So you have a smasher/combat ataru spammer and an anti-smasher, but Guard/Juggs are an issue?
As Charter would say..
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
01.04.2013 , 10:05 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Doesn't change the fact that smash is OP.
Your tenacity in ignoring how incorrect your statements have been is OP
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 10:11 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
So you have a smasher/combat ataru spammer and an anti-smasher, but Guard/Juggs are an issue?
As Charter would say..
I don't play it much anymore but when I do I am watchman. Snipers are one of the most balances classes in the game.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 10:13 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
Your tenacity in ignoring how incorrect your statements have been is OP
Nothing incorrect about smash being OP.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

UltimateKrucible's Avatar


UltimateKrucible
01.04.2013 , 10:16 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
A tank spec jugg is not a rage spec jugg. So no, a tank isn't getting the hardest hitting ability in game.

For reference tank sins/shadows (with some DPS gear) can hit 5k on poorly geared toons with spinning strike.
There is no comparison with spinning strike.

1) You'd have to be in DPS stance for a 5k hit, not tank stance.
2) It would have to crit - it's not auto crit.
3) Spinning Strike is single target, not aoe.
4) It's an 'execute' ability - it only activates when the target is below 30% HP. Highly situational.

Spinning strike is a deadly ability, it's true. But when you see all those restrictions - which deserve to be there, given its potency - it makes it even harder to understand why smash is so easy to use in the game. I was fighting a Jugg last night and she spammed smash three times to my one spinning strike.
. Shine on, you crazy pixel.

Funny post! The nine circles of SW:TOR PvP hell

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.04.2013 , 10:22 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
There is no comparison with spinning strike.

1) You'd have to be in DPS stance for a 5k hit, not tank stance.
2) It would have to crit - it's not auto crit.
3) Spinning Strike is single target, not aoe.
4) It's an 'execute' ability - it only activates when the target is below 30% HP. Highly situational.

Spinning strike is a deadly ability, it's true. But when you see all those restrictions - which deserve to be there, given its potency - it makes it even harder to understand why smash is so easy to use in the game. I was fighting a Jugg last night and she spammed smash three times to my one spinning strike.
FP FTW? 2/3 autocrits.... every 90/75 secs..... on top of your standard crit chances.... um wat?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
01.04.2013 , 10:24 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by UltimateKrucible View Post
There is no comparison with spinning strike.

1) You'd have to be in DPS stance for a 5k hit, not tank stance.
2) It would have to crit - it's not auto crit.
3) Spinning Strike is single target, not aoe.
4) It's an 'execute' ability - it only activates when the target is below 30% HP. Highly situational.

Spinning strike is a deadly ability, it's true. But when you see all those restrictions - which deserve to be there, given its potency - it makes it even harder to understand why smash is so easy to use in the game. I was fighting a Jugg last night and she spammed smash three times to my one spinning strike.
^ now that's one of the most hilarious pieces of nonsense I've seen on the forums. Someone spamming smash. Also yes 5k in tank stance on poorly geared players (as I said).
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =