Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Analysis of the smashdemic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Analysis of the smashdemic

stringcat's Avatar


stringcat
01.04.2013 , 09:22 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Tank class not spec.

Sins are single target, no comparison.
There is no "tank class." There are only classes that can spec tank.

A rage jugg is way squishier than my pure DPS sniper.
Valiya Illegal Test Kitchen The Bastion

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
01.04.2013 , 09:23 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Tank class not spec.

Sins are single target, no comparison. Look at the disparity in class popuations, why do you think so many people play warriors now? Hmm I wonder...
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.04.2013 , 09:27 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Tank class not spec.

Sins are single target, no comparison. Look at the disparity in class popuations, why do you think so many people play warriors now? Hmm I wonder...
So all Shadows should be healers? I could go on but lol...


Geared DPS Sage AoE 5k FiB/DF... similar CD, and range.... while smash needed to be toned down a bit, the population was "bad" before this because Mara/Sents were not toned down from 1.2.... They are at the center of most PvP problems...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

WaywardOne's Avatar


WaywardOne
01.04.2013 , 09:35 AM | #24
All guardians are tanks because they all wear heavy armor and they can taunt. Same with vanguards. shadows are not tanks because they wear light armor armor and they are a stealth class. I guess.

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 09:37 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by stringcat View Post
There is no "tank class." There are only classes that can spec tank.

A rage jugg is way squishier than my pure DPS sniper.
Taunts? Guards?

Thats a tank class, sorry bud.

When I played WAR my BG was 2-handed DPS but its still a tank class.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.04.2013 , 09:40 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Taunts? Guards?

Thats a tank class, sorry bud.
You are trying to pigeon-whole an entire AC when there are multiple ACs with similar things...

Shadows have guard and taunts too, are they a tank class?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

JustinxDuff's Avatar


JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 09:46 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by L-RANDLE View Post
You are trying to pigeon-whole an entire AC when there are multiple ACs with similar things...

Shadows have guard and taunts too, are they a tank class?
If a class has a tank tree its a tank class. Regardless, this is semantics.

Smash is still op whether or not you call it a tank class or not.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

CharterMonkKent's Avatar


CharterMonkKent
01.04.2013 , 09:55 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
If a class has a tank tree its a tank class. Regardless, this is semantics.

Smash is still op whether or not you call it a tank class or not.
Of 24 skill trees - 3 are tanking trees. It's not semantics. By your logic you'd be fine with smash as long as a pure DPS class had it... oh wait one does. You need to stop, no need to admit you are wrong, just stop.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

L-RANDLE's Avatar


L-RANDLE
01.04.2013 , 09:55 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
If a class has a tank tree its a tank class. Regardless, this is semantics.

Smash is still op whether or not you call it a tank class or not.
So shadows ARE a tank class?.................

Yes and quite a few things in this game are OP'd... including the alt AC you happen to be rolling...

Nerf Guards; Buff Sent FTW?
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

TonyDragonflame's Avatar


TonyDragonflame
01.04.2013 , 09:57 AM | #30
Fat trolls are fat...
Referral link!
Guardian v 100 | Sent v 95 | Vang v 92 | Scoundrel v 91 | Shadow v 86 | Guns v 80 | Jugg v 68
Manhunter 180+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN