Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Analysis of the smashdemic

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Analysis of the smashdemic

CharterMonkKent
01.04.2013 , 08:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by JustinxDuff View Post
Why do you even comment threads like this? Seems you are in denial.
I'm confused why you think tanks have the hardest hitting attack in the game. You don't even know what you are complaining about. So many complaints in this game come from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Hence the
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

madcappah
01.04.2013 , 08:55 AM | #12
WAIT!

How do I get 5 stacks of shockwave again?? I want 5 stacks!!
<Public Enemies>
Prophecy of the Five
Dauktor Rockzo (Vengeance) / Rolla (Advanced Prototype)
Rocksy (Deception) / Rocksanne (Marksman) / Rahky (Medic)

JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 08:59 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
I'm confused why you think tanks have the hardest hitting attack in the game. You don't even know what you are complaining about. So many complaints in this game come from people who have no idea what they are talking about. Hence the
Please tell me what hits harder than smash.

The highest other abilities I have seen is my buddies Maul for 6.9k and a sniper for about the same.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

Exilim
01.04.2013 , 08:59 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by madcappah View Post
WAIT!

Sure, smash when you hit 4 stacks using force crush, then get one with force crush's last tick. 5 total.

Deflect the argument away from the real issue, though.
I believe in people bombing
I believe in people warring
I believe diseases coming
I believe that's why I'm running

CharterMonkKent
01.04.2013 , 09:12 AM | #15

The highest other abilities I have seen is my buddies Maul for 6.9k and a sniper for about the same.
A tank spec jugg is not a rage spec jugg. So no, a tank isn't getting the hardest hitting ability in game.

For reference tank sins/shadows (with some DPS gear) can hit 5k on poorly geared toons with spinning strike.
Wnk & Zlk & Knk & Xlk & Znk & Ynk & Tnk & Qnk & Chart
<Nothing Personal>
+ =

Andar
01.04.2013 , 09:15 AM | #16
This is the bottom line:

Th hardest hitting ability in the game is from a tank, its instant, its an aoe, its an auto-crit, it has passive armor pen, it has a low CD.

How can anyone say with a straight face that this is OK?
If focus guardian/jug is a tank, then so is my infiltration shadow!!!! ohhhh can I be a tank too?!
Resilience / Po5
Hostile Takeover

DarkSaberMaster
01.04.2013 , 09:15 AM | #17

Take a look in the other Smash QQ thread. There are screenshots of an Assassin who got a 10k+ hit. Guess they should be nerfed too huh? And FYI, my Sentinel isn't a tank.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow)
D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
Referral link for free stuff

JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 09:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkSaberMaster View Post
Take a look in the other Smash QQ thread. There are screenshots of an Assassin who got a 10k+ hit. Guess they should be nerfed too huh? And FYI, my Sentinel isn't a tank.
Comparing a single target attack to an AoE lol nice try
Prophecy of the Five

JustinxDuff
01.04.2013 , 09:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
A tank spec jugg is not a rage spec jugg. So no, a tank isn't getting the hardest hitting ability in game.

For reference tank sins/shadows (with some DPS gear) can hit 5k on poorly geared toons with spinning strike.
Tank class not spec.

Sins are single target, no comparison. Look at the disparity in class popuations, why do you think so many people play warriors now? Hmm I wonder...
Prophecy of the Five

DaedalusV
01.04.2013 , 09:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by madcappah View Post
WAIT!

Well. I would really like to give you that (provided you will need those 5 to get the same amount of crit damage as you currently do with 4)

Tinkering with the amount of stacks needed for full effect might be a great way to down-tune Rage/Focus.

It's funny though that people pounce on the only factual error he made.

As long as smash spec rules supreme, I'll be rolling blind bubbles. There's a number of ways to counter smash.

1) roll a bubblehealer
2) roll a sniper/slinger
3) roll a pt/vg
4) roll a stealther
5) get in a premade with good pvpers
6) roll a smasher yourself (can't beat 'em? Join 'em!)

Alot of people complained that bubblespam was/is OP, when 1.4 hit, and should be changed, I agree to a degree (don't hit my sage too hard with the nerfbat again pls)
Quite a few people are complaining rage/focus is over the top and OP, I agree to a degree (Remember pre 1.2 sage/sorc AoE instaproc hybrids and double-proc healers, we took way too big a hit on our nerfs, I don't wish the same for other classes.)

Quote: Originally Posted by Yeochins View Post
Many people think smash is over-tuned. People arguing otherwise enjoy holding their crutch and are pointless to argue against. Where did smash go wrong? Well lets analyze some of the aspects of smash.

--- snip--- (see OP for details.)
So what is the issue with smash?
The OP presents a summary of the package offered by the focus/rage spec, furthermore he aknowledges the fact that it is offered in a shared tree making it available for one QUARTER of the total amount of classes in the game.

The issue is through his presentation quite self-evident if one has an ounce of reading comprehension.

--> The pure amount of people able to almost instantly be able to play the spec plus the inherent substantial benefit you get from playing it AND stacking it in warzones makes it overrepresented, overused and quite too effective to allow for an enjoyable warzone experience for people NOT playing the knight/sith warrior base class
"you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Arwyn Sage Blitzkrieger Sentinel Sk'ye Guardian