Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Darth Malgus vs Prince Xizor

Wolfninjajedi
01.05.2013 , 06:08 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
That could work, but could Malgus see through the disguise with The Force?

I think these ideas have a better chance of fooling HK, but I'm not so sure about Malgus. Alot of these plans have a good chance of back-firing, provided Malgus' Force senses are capable of distinguishing real from fake.
Damn I keep looking over that bit lol and I know he is force sensitive. << Why is Xizor fighting against a force sensitive anyway? Wouldn't it have been better to have it like

non-force user vs non-force user

force user vs force user?

But ya I guess, though those could still work provided that Malgus just decides to blow up wherever 'Xizor' is instead of confrontation(doubtful). But then Malgus just needs to be kept from going back to his station, until the plan is worked out by Xizor and co.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 06:13 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Whoops! Missed that part.

I think the lack of a presence in the Force (do droid replicas do that?) would give it away. It would work on HK (probably), but not Malgus.
Especially if Malgus lops of its head or something. I think Malgus could probably tell the difference, and Xizor isn't going to take that risk. A clone could work though, Xizor has the wealth and the resources to have one made. And Wookieepedia tells me it could be done in several weeks. But with possible mental instability. And having a half mad Xizor clone running about the place probably isn't a good idea, a clone that's got to pull off being Xizor and be obedient enough not to run away and let itself be killed. Better idea: get some random Falleen to pose as him. Malgus will know what Xizor looks like but probably could not tell the difference between a similar looking Falleen. But you've somehow got to convince him to sacrifice himself... does Black Sun have patriots?

EDIT: I'm afraid we've run out of non force users, and I figured Xizor was best up to the task of taking Malgus down.

Wolfninjajedi
01.05.2013 , 06:15 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Especially if Malgus lops of its head or something. I think Malgus could probably tell the difference, and Xizor isn't going to take that risk. A clone could work though, Xizor has the wealth and the resources to have one made. And Wookieepedia tells me it could be done in several weeks. But with possible mental instability. And having a half mad Xizor clone running about the place probably isn't a good idea, a clone that's got to pull off being Xizor and be obedient enough not to run away and let itself be killed. Better idea: get some random Falleen to pose as him. Malgus will know what Xizor looks like but probably could not tell the difference between a similar looking Falleen. But you've somehow got to convince him to sacrifice himself... does Black Sun have patriots?
Hmm...that could work too, I hadn't thought that Xizor could hire another of his species(offering him a ton of credits and other things) to play as him.

Canino
01.05.2013 , 06:17 PM | #104
Can we at least agree Malgus would strike first? Xizor would lay a trap, and see what Malgus does. He would try to use his spies, and gather data before attacking(which wouldn't work for the most part). Malgus would strike hard and fast, using droids and Rakata augmented weaponry to strike fear into Xizor's men. He would use gorilla warfare to ambush Black Sun either through space or small Black Sun bases.

Malgus would then interrogate captured Black Sun members and learn Xizor's plans or where he was. Malgus would lead the strike against the palace, bringing HK with him. They fight through and after a lot of fighting, win. The Schism sends more droids, and New Imperial Guards as reinforcements, and they move the majority of the fleet into ambush position. They continue to make and send droids until Xizor strikes back.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Canino
01.05.2013 , 06:21 PM | #105
Beni that would work, but HK would know. They could program him with the exact details of Xizor, and even the closest match would trigger an alarm. They could do this with all the droids. And people know what he looks like. He is famous and extremely powerful/rich. He is always in the public eye, but not as be leader of Black Sun. But that doesn't matter since they know already.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
01.05.2013 , 06:25 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Can we at least agree Malgus would strike first? Xizor would lay a trap, and see what Malgus does. He would try to use his spies, and gather data before attacking(which wouldn't work for the most part). Malgus would strike hard and fast, using droids and Rakata augmented weaponry to strike fear into Xizor's men. He would use gorilla warfare to ambush Black Sun either through space or small Black Sun bases.

Malgus would then interrogate captured Black Sun members and learn Xizor's plans or where he was. Malgus would lead the strike against the palace, bringing HK with him. They fight through and after a lot of fighting, win. The Schism sends more droids, and New Imperial Guards as reinforcements, and they move the majority of the fleet into ambush position. They continue to make and send droids until Xizor strikes back.
I think Malgus could very well take a less direct but still fast approach to attacking Xizor. He's smart and isn't going to run headlong into the heart of it, on Coruscant where Xizor can have a massive fleet waiting to crush him. Before he strikes he'll probably soften up Xizor first. Striking at Black Sun bases as you said. Spreading Xizor's force's thin before he deals the killing blow.

But that could also work against him, the longer Malgus takes to attack Coruscant, the longer Xizor has to set his trap.

EDIT: Excellent point Canino, a clone must be the only way... but that has its problems.

Wolfninjajedi
01.05.2013 , 06:27 PM | #107
Think were forgetting that Xizor has tech that Malgus troops wouldn't have encountered before thanks to the Black Market not to mention his bio weapons. Its not just gonna be blasters and ships here. Any shields on Malgus ships could be drained due to shield leaching tech, theres also Disruptor rifles for Xizor's men that would blow through Malgus troops, theres also carbonite tech that they could use against ground forces and all that noise. Yes Malgus can strike first with his fleet, but Xizor's fleet/troops wouldn't just have the normal stuff and Xizor's fleet could also be stealthed.

They could also get their hands on other droids aside from the Hulk and IG-86 droids. The Black Market would in Star Wars, have pretty much anything including illegal things. Droids, weapons, technological innovations etc

To the double, it could still work. Have the other Fallen look exactly like Xizor and dress him up for the part. A droid can only notice so much.

Canino
01.05.2013 , 06:39 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Think were forgetting that Xizor has tech that Malgus troops wouldn't have encountered before thanks to the Black Market not to mention his bio weapons. Its not just gonna be blasters and ships here. Any shields on Malgus ships could be drained due to shield leaching tech or having disruptor cannons which blows right through shields, theres also carbonite tech that they could use against ground forces and all that noise. Yes Malgus can strike first with his fleet, but Xizor's fleet/troops wouldn't just have the normal stuff.
I think we are also forgetting very important things about Xizor. He believed himself to be superior, and was very arrogant. This is exactly what Malgus fights for in the first place, equality. His men would want to beat Xizor much more then Xizor wanting to beat Malgus. Also, Xizor underestimated the force. He never understood it, and wouldn't research it at all. His traps wouldn't be made for a force user. Neither would his attacks. He would fight as though it was a gang war, not like how you would against a force user.

Well maybe not a gang war, but not appropriately for a force user.

EDIT: Wolf, I don't see how they could make him look exact. Even cybernetics have flaws. HK would be able to analyze the Fallen quickly, and if they had other droids with them, they could all analyze and share results to make sure. And this would be quick, very quick. They would search the main points, and compare to a database. Any flaws and they know.
---------

Wolfninjajedi
01.05.2013 , 06:42 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
I think we are also forgetting very important things about Xizor. He believed himself to be superior, and was very arrogant. This is exactly what Malgus fights for in the first place, equality. His men would want to beat Xizor much more then Xizor wanting to beat Malgus. Also, Xizor underestimated the force. He never understood it, and wouldn't research it at all. His traps wouldn't be made for a force user. Neither would his attacks. He would fight as though it was a gang war, not like how you would against a force user.

Well maybe not a gang war, but not appropriately for a force user.
He knows that The Force exists though, and since he would gets information about Malgus he would be able to plan accordingly. Though right he doesn't fully understand it, he knows it is there...and honestly Xizor should have really be paired up with a non-force user.

Aurbere
01.05.2013 , 06:43 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Think were forgetting that Xizor has tech that Malgus troops wouldn't have encountered before thanks to the Black Market not to mention his bio weapons. Its not just gonna be blasters and ships here. Any shields on Malgus ships could be drained due to shield leaching tech, theres also Disruptor rifles for Xizor's men that would blow through Malgus troops, theres also carbonite tech that they could use against ground forces and all that noise. Yes Malgus can strike first with his fleet, but Xizor's fleet/troops wouldn't just have the normal stuff and Xizor's fleet could also be stealthed.

They could also get their hands on other droids aside from the Hulk and IG-86 droids. The Black Market would in Star Wars, have pretty much anything including illegal things. Droids, weapons, technological innovations etc

To the double, it could still work. Have the other Fallen look exactly like Xizor and dress him up for the part. A droid can only notice so much.
All that stuff is very good and will do some good damage against Malgus, but Malgus also has some stuff Xizor can't get. Rakata tech for one. So I think they are quite even tech-wise, but I think Malgus' massive (well not massive, but enough to pose a threat to two powerful forces) military force will win the majority of any engagements.

Really, this depends on how long Xizor can drag out the engagement to prepare a trap. He can do this, but if Malgus goes straight to Coruscant he could catch Xizor off-guard.

Unless Xizor does something underhanded (assassination, blow Malgus up along with space station) then I see Malgus coming out the victor. Though it should be close.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus