Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What you like to see in the new Ops

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Infalliable
01.07.2013 , 04:20 PM | #31
Quote:
speeders that actually take you to a boss, rather than to a point after the previous one with a long run back to the next one.

A "medic station" to rez inside of the instances (at the start?).
Huge yes to this! Less time wasted means more time actually playing the game for my guild
Quote: Originally Posted by KarethRiker View Post
Huge yes to this! Less time wasted means more time actually playing the game for my guild
And as a follow on to this, if you must run back to the boss for whatever design reason/decision... Can we at least make the entire instance count as an "outdoor" location so I'm not constantly mounting, getting kicked off my speeder (e.g., "speeder aren't allowed here"), remounting on the way to the boss?

The long run backs are made that much more annoying by the seemingly arbitrary restrictions on where in the raid personal speeders can be used.

For example, TfB boss 1. You initially mount your speeder, get kicked off when you go into the building that has[had] 2 spawns in it, then remount, go 250m, get kicked off, run the rest of the way to boss.

ZionHalcyon
01.07.2013 , 04:55 PM | #32
What I would like to see is an Op that has several Flashpoints leading up to it, in one cohesive story.

The concept?

A unified story where you have several (4 or 5) flashpoints that are going to be used to strictly gear towards the OP. To play the OP, you need to at least clear all the flashpoints, which will be available in Hard or Nightmare only.

The catch to the mechanic is this - In this particular series, you not only have your group, but every group member is allowed to have a companion out. This means full on flashpoints and an OP balanced for a full group plus companion play, and it also means gearing your comps as well. It will allow a barrage of "Heroic Moment" uses and should allow the gameplay to be absolutely crazy fun.

And as for the final destination OP - handle it same way with comps, but Shadow of the Colossus style - no trash, just boss battle after boss battle, each getting harder and more challenging.

Pair that with an exciting story, and you should have something that is incredibly entertaining. You can have new daily-weekly-monthly missions too in order to help gear based on your progress.

Thoffs
01.07.2013 , 06:13 PM | #33
1. More FPs of Lost Island difficulty. It is nice to be actually challenged in a FP occasionally.
2. A way to save Ops progress -- we have some 'alt character' ops groups in our guild that only run once a week, and being able to save progress from week to week would be much appreciated.

XxLegendaryxX
01.07.2013 , 06:46 PM | #34
-Op with 6+ bosses

-A puzzle boss that is dynamic EVERY time you tackle it. In EV people used solvers to do it, in KP people had a set strat for Fabricator, and in EC people almost always went down the sides. In TFB, it feels more like a puzzle for the first few times you do it, but as you do it more and more there is a strategy that does NOT CHANGE. A puzzle boss should have DYNAMIC mechanics that change every time that players tackle it. It would make it a true puzzle.

-Less fights that are reliant on specific classes (NiM Kephess requires good AoE)

-More bosses that are gigantic and otherworldly. In terms of looks, this game needs more epic bosses like Gharj, Soa, TFB, Annihilation Droid XRR-3, and Bonethrasher. In many of the bosses such as J+S and the 2nd part of Vorgath you are fighting tiny enemies. Nothing is wrong, however, with the more star wars themed bossfights such as Dread Guard.

Petnil
01.07.2013 , 07:31 PM | #35
an OP were you had to fight the opposing faction.

Imagine you enter tomb of badaboom. The other faction got there first and have dug in. You need to take their position. Some massive gauntlet style thing with loads of inc soldiers of opposite faction and maybe even incoming paratroopers if you miss certain timers. When you take the hill or whatever the possition would be you got a chest.

Second encounter could be the other faction forward comand post. bit of scouts and guards trash leading up and in the comandpost would be a mix of the other faction. Generals and overseers or whatever. Think mandalorian raiders type fight.(think thatīs the one) They guard the entrence to the tomb.

Next fight would be a puzzle fight to open the tomb. and you could then add a few bosses in the tomb itself.

I know itīs not fighting any of the named faction leaders, but that would be asking to much i guess. Making generic fights with soldier opposition shouldnīt be that hard. just a namechange from republic soldier to imperial soldier and a change of armor. The fight itself would be the same. Give them a mix of imp and rep abilyties or some unique abilyties for this OP only. Thatīs not too important.

Toraak
01.07.2013 , 08:43 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Gordoma View Post
when the new "super secret" space project is completed it would be fun to have it incorporated into the ops. For example a big (optional) space battle in the beginning were the entire operations group is fighting to board a ship/ space station.
As long as it is Optional and doesn't give anything for it I have no issues. If it drops loot or something, forcing people to do space missions in an Operation would be boggus, especially for those who do not really like space combat in an MMO.
Shadowbane Veteran
WoW Veteran

iamthehoyden
01.07.2013 , 09:55 PM | #37
Big ops with lots of bosses (Naxx or Ulduar are good examples).
I also really like the idea of space battles in ops. We're in Star Wars for goodness sake, shouldn't we be doing something other than hand-to-hand fighting in corridors?
I like the one-on-one fight of Infernal Council, although it does end up being fairly easy. Something more challenging would be good.

Dynamic puzzles. Something that you have to solve differently each time and takes each person solving their own.

Also, vehicles. Honest to pete, I want a AT-AT walker battle.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

AshlaBoga
01.07.2013 , 09:57 PM | #38
An actual clone fight.

In Directive 7 we fight poorly made clones that don't look ANYTHING like us.

I want a fight like the on the Sith Warrior gets on Tatooine.

Similar to the Infernal Council in EV, it would be 1vs1.

Moreover, they would match our AC - but would have access to the entire skill tree. Thus a healer sorc would have an opponent who could self-heal and use Force Lightning with no Cooldown. This would be a FANTASTIC fight. Since they would have all your abilities, more health and equivalent hps/dps there'd only be one way to win. SKILL.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Caeduz
01.07.2013 , 11:17 PM | #39
For a Hub style Op with 6-7+ bosses., I rather we do not get an "option" to skip a boss OR for the bosses we get to be random e.g. Need to defeat 7 bosses from a pool of possible 10 bosses as this would then create too much randomness to the achievement as inevitably there will be some which are easier than others.

What could be a solution are that the bosses are not arrange sequentially but as a selection where the group can decide which boss to tackle first as this would remove some Luck/randomness and those less equip/prepare can also attempt the first couple of bosses with a clear aim to progress/achieve while the "raiders" can sink their teeth into something tougher as well.

Also, we're a year in maybe its time for a legendary or a new set bonus(es) gear.

shalcyon
01.08.2013 , 09:45 AM | #40
I would like to see a boss fight with your group is in 2 ships with 3 jobs during the fight
pilot(tank) in charge of keeping damage lower
gunners(dps) kill stuff
engineers(healer) keeping the ship together
i think this type of fight would be a good starting point on a operation like assault on a capital ship maybe the dread masters flagship could then use a format with multiple levels that would have to be cleared in any order in order to get to the bridge and the final encounter you could put levels like security engineering armory could even do a timed event to prevent an attack and have the floor be set around this