Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Sorc or Operative heals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sorc or Operative heals

TrumpetNut's Avatar


TrumpetNut
01.03.2013 , 11:06 PM | #1
Hi there!
I have been wondering which class has better heals? Better meaning:
1. Faster casting
2. Lots of healing abilities
3. Insta cast abilities

also does either have good looking gear for a fem char? I find that most classes don't have anything feminine besides the exposing slave girl junk.

Huggsnotdruggs's Avatar


Huggsnotdruggs
01.03.2013 , 11:12 PM | #2
Short answer: Operative.

Long Answer: cat is for fite.

Quote: Originally Posted by X-Funk View Post
Things change, deal with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Yeah bro, cuz objectives are for suckers. Wizards vs barbarians is where it's at
Quote: Originally Posted by iiell View Post
I suggest they make a new forum called, "The QQ Forum"

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
01.03.2013 , 11:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
Hi there!
I have been wondering which class has better heals? Better meaning:
1. Faster casting
2. Lots of healing abilities
3. Insta cast abilities

also does either have good looking gear for a fem char? I find that most classes don't have anything feminine besides the exposing slave girl junk.
1- Ops
2- Ops
3- Ops

But- sorcs have a stun bubble until it gets nerfed!

Really though- seriously... ops outclass sorcs (and mercs) on every single aspect, other than sorcs getting a stun on their bubble.

TrumpetNut's Avatar


TrumpetNut
01.03.2013 , 11:15 PM | #4
Well that is a short answer. I am looking for the reasons why each one is good. What are the down sides what are the up sides and what is unique?

byteresistor's Avatar


byteresistor
01.03.2013 , 11:23 PM | #5
The op has no downsides, other than maybe having a little higher learning curve, but once you get past that the other healers are left in the dust.

TrumpetNut's Avatar


TrumpetNut
01.03.2013 , 11:35 PM | #6
So are you all mostly stating that sorc cannot nearly compare to a op? I like the force speed and the ally pull on sorc lol but is the difference that much? I still need more opinions though to decide.

Huggsnotdruggs's Avatar


Huggsnotdruggs
01.03.2013 , 11:37 PM | #7
I try to be as helpful as I can without writing novels. That being said - there is simply too many reasons to list why operatives are better. They are both VERY fun to heal with but if you as asking directly about which is a better healer in pvp the answer is operative by a landslide. more CC, more insta casts, better mobility (arguable), free heals on danger-zone allies, more effective pvp aoe healing. stealth, combat stealth, sap.. on.. and on... and on..

Quote: Originally Posted by X-Funk View Post
Things change, deal with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Yeah bro, cuz objectives are for suckers. Wizards vs barbarians is where it's at
Quote: Originally Posted by iiell View Post
I suggest they make a new forum called, "The QQ Forum"

Eldriq's Avatar


Eldriq
01.03.2013 , 11:48 PM | #8
Ops you can burn down even a good sorcerer healer while a good ops healer mine as well be called immortal. Better cast times, more insta casts and more powerful heals. Mobility is crazy with them I don't play the class but I do get healed by them and try to dps them down all the time. Ops is just a much better class for straight heals you will miss the pulls and the force speed but you gain other abilities in return.
El'drik - Sorcerer- War Hero - Harbinger Server Care Bear/White Knight
All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth. Friedrich Nietzsche

mitigated's Avatar


mitigated
01.04.2013 , 12:01 AM | #9
I have a 50 healer of both, short answer for now is Op. When I get home I will write a more thorough explanation
Stricken - 50 Juggernaut
Sylindis
- 50 Operative

Prophecy of the Five US PvP East

Darth-Rammstein's Avatar


Darth-Rammstein
01.04.2013 , 12:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by TrumpetNut View Post
So are you all mostly stating that sorc cannot nearly compare to a op? I like the force speed and the ally pull on sorc lol but is the difference that much? I still need more opinions though to decide.
I play a scoundrel healer and they are fantastic in pvp....with that said I've seen some pretty impressive sorc healing numbers. I've seen sorcs in voidstar with over 700k healing so they definitely aren't gimped in pvp.
Belgoth's Beacon ----> The Fatman ----> Prophecy of the Five