Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kill order is weak to strong

OlosBC
01.04.2013 , 01:46 PM | #21
When I tank its explosive dart on a group of weeks, charge at main group, grapple if necessary, and lolpowertech aoe. Foundry is the most annoying one to tank imo, as those droid packs are all so spread out, and the first pull is rather large and staggered.

When j heal, prebubble and kill the normals myself. Shock - force lightning will kill one, or force storm if aoe.

When I tank on the guardian its full rage DPS in tank stance, nothing lives long enough to worry about.

DPSing on all 3 I try to kill weeks as much as possible, usually by catching them in aoes directed at strongs if I can.

Maybe this is why I have very very few bad experiences in group finder?
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.

Khevar
01.04.2013 , 02:44 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Furiel View Post
Humbug, everyone knows that the proper attack order for DPS is...
1) CCed targets
2) anything attacking you
3) anything attaking the other DPS
4) the next group
5) anything the healer is still attacking beacuse they can't kill it themselves because thy weren't smart enough to roll a DPS toon
6) anything the tank can't kill because they weren't smart enough to roll a DPS toon
I just spit coffee all over my keyboard.

a) thanks for the lulz
b) now I have to find paper towels

Eyesmindassassin
01.05.2013 , 01:44 AM | #23
Couldn't agree more, OP.

ladwar
01.05.2013 , 02:02 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Furiel View Post
Humbug, everyone knows that the proper attack order for DPS is...
1) CCed targets
2) anything attacking you
3) anything attaking the other DPS
4) the next group
5) anything the healer is still attacking beacuse they can't kill it themselves because thy weren't smart enough to roll a DPS toon
6) anything the tank can't kill because they weren't smart enough to roll a DPS toon
i do hope ur joking, but i have ran into groups with this thought in mind and they didn't aoe the cc they aoe after everything else but the last mob was dead and u mixed 5 with 6.

Theodulus
01.05.2013 , 11:29 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by wadecounty View Post
Why can nobody seem to grasp this?

Yes, you can get through your average hard mode without following a kill order, but guess what, it just means more stress on your tanks/healers.... you know, the ones who had to enter group finder for your queue to actually pop?

And then those tanks/healers get tired of having to work extra hard to babysit braindead DPS, and stop queueing altogether, or only queue with guildies.

So please please please, respect the kill order. Its literally no extra work for a DPS, and it makes life far easier on your tanks and healers.
It's amazing how bad the dps are in this game. I thought that most dps should have learned the correct kill order while leveling. Many classes don't get their healing companions until later in the game which should have taught them they will wipe if they aren't killing the hard hitting weak mobs first.

When I queue my healers for flashpoints I usually stay in the same spot tanking 4-7 mobs while the entire group runs ahead to the next group of mobs. At that moment I get all the mobs I'm tanking to the tank and let them use an AoE and then I vanish. I watch them all die. If they don't learn after that I put them all on ignore and just leave. I can't stand bad dps and bad tanks.

ChroniKill
01.05.2013 , 11:47 AM | #26
I just hate the Mandalorian Raiders fp when you're fighting the boss with the 2 hounds. I'm healing everyone for a short while and then spend ages running from the hounds as neither the tank nor DPS are doing anything to them. Happens every time and I'm basically dead by the time anyone notices I've been running laps. Then if a DPS goes down the healer gets it in the neck.

Kitru
01.05.2013 , 01:54 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by ChroniKill View Post
I'm healing everyone for a short while and then spend ages running from the hounds as neither the tank nor DPS are doing anything to them.
I'm pretty sure the dogs in the fight have an "ignore threat" mechanic (iirc, the Mando boss puts a debuff on someone and the dogs attack that person exclusively).
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Mistress_Ivi
01.05.2013 , 02:00 PM | #28
Tank is there to keep the healer alive, not the DPS, healer lives... group lives.

DPS is there to KILL everything. Healer is there to make you live.

DPS, if you make it so the tank can't keep the healer alive to keep you alive - you are failing. Tank is there to babysit only one person and it isn't you.
Former SWG Player and Bloody Proud of it!

ChroniKill
01.05.2013 , 02:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
I'm pretty sure the dogs in the fight have an "ignore threat" mechanic (iirc, the Mando boss puts a debuff on someone and the dogs attack that person exclusively).
Interesting. Didn't know that. Begs the question though why nobody kills them quickly.

Kitru
01.05.2013 , 02:39 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ChroniKill View Post
Interesting. Didn't know that. Begs the question though why nobody kills them quickly.
Because it's a level 25 FP and most people have no clue how to play properly at that point, especially when the dogs should be kept away from the boss who the tank should be beating on (the boss has an aura that increases the dog's damage so they need to be separated). People tend to be idiots, especially when it's lol-leveling content. If a strategy isn't readily and *obviously* apparent, most people couldn't be bothered to figure it out or even to follow it if it's spelled out to them.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.