Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

Newyankalt
01.04.2013 , 12:57 PM | #41
Lol good story op.

Gwence
01.04.2013 , 01:00 PM | #42
thing is anyone is fully capable of taking some initiative and learning the basics of the fight /fp before ever stepping foot in it, if u feel u need the help.

people telling you to do SM fp's are morons, no one runs SM FP's for anything above red reaper, cept maybe FE for the hk piece

BUT there are plenty of videos out there and walkthrough's that will give u a basic understanding of the fights so you are better prepared going into it.

your experience you posted is meh I guess, personally I wouldnt of vote kicked u for agro'ing mob packs, but I do think you're the one being inconsiderate and selfish by complaining that people are getting mad at you for not skipping the cutscenes. Most people have done the FP's so many times they can probably recite all the conversations verbatim, I know I can.

Khevar
01.04.2013 , 03:25 PM | #43
The one thing I try (not always successfully, but I do try) is to be friendly to other people while in a pug.

I used to be a new player and was terrible during my first attempts at HM FPs. I had the good luck to group with some patient players that helped me out, explained mechanics, game me tips and answered questions. It was this experience that got me out of my "single player" shell in SW:TOR.

Because of these people, I've tried to pay it forward and be kind to others as well.

It seems to me that it has paid off, as most of the pug runs I do generally go well.

Also, I've had many groups where the other players are happy and chatty, do a little RP in the group chat window during the FP and basically have a good time.

@DSpectre I hope you run into some groups like this as you go forwards doing end-game content, because in my personal opinion, it is the most fun you could have in this game.

/2cents

mikebevo
01.04.2013 , 03:48 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by USCG_Davis View Post
Oh, forgot to add this. You admitted that you wiped the group due to you pulling trash that everyone else skipped.
The grouped wiped, because they were not a group. Sorry in a HMFP I want the people that accidentally pulled to run to me. They get to me, they will live and the mob they pulled will die. Someone pulls by accident I am running towards them. They better be hitting defensive cooldowns and running towards me. I do this dps or healer, only difference with my healer I bring up the rear so any inadvertent pull is in front of me, on dps I stick right behind the tank unless someone says they are new, then I will be right in front of them waiting when needed for them to catch up.

Mobs in HM FP are a joke outside a few in LI HM and Koan, so someone pulling one and running up the group is no big deal, provided the group is more interest in killing stuff than typing insult at whoever accidentally pulled.

AngelDarkchylde
01.04.2013 , 04:20 PM | #45
I have both good and bad experience in groups. Though I've never used the group finder because of my most recent bad experiences.

I was in a group going for the HK pieces. At the beginning of the FP I clearly stated I haven't run either FP ever. I stated so because I view that as the common courtesy to everyone else so then they know I have no clue and hopefully have at least a sliver more patience with me. Now one player was great. He (or she) told us to follow him /her and then to wait before starting the one fight. Explained completely what to do. All was good. Apologized for any mistakes I made along the way. All was fine. We were doing Foundry in Hard mode. Got to the Revan fight, and another player who also stated they'd never run the FP ended up swearing at me. I was swore at for not healing him/her with a move that has a 5 minute cool down and was just used to revive another member of the group. After that this player wouldn't stop with the elitist type attitude. The other person however seen what we were doing wrong and instructed us on how to correct it. We did, and ended up finishing the FP with ease after that.

I've had other negative experiences. But this one was the reminder for why I just don't bother trying to do Flashpoints and heroics. Yes, I am willing to look up videos to see how to do things, and I do try my best while in group play & am willing to listen to advice or polite instruction for improvement or correction. But I don't play the game to be subjected to the arrogant attitudes and abuse. My solution is to bypass the heroics and flashpoints.

shackboredguy
01.04.2013 , 04:30 PM | #46
If you're getting kicked from multiple groups it's time to look at what you're doing to piss off so many people instead of blaming everybody else. There's definitely no shortage of jerks in this game, but the vast majority of people are willing to help or at least put up with a newer player who hasn't done the content before if they state so beforehand. If you say nothing people will assume you know how to skip trash/bosses and will spacebar through convo's because that's how 95% of hm fp's go.

psandak
01.04.2013 , 04:54 PM | #47
i did not read all 5 pages but here's my 2c...

Communication is key.

- If you are new to an instance (be it you ran SM a lot and it's your first HM, or you've never done the instance at all), you NEED to communicate that to your group. As a player who has done every HM FP at least a dozen times (as tank, healer, and DPS) I have seen it all. But what annoys me is when someone is new and does not inform the group.

- if you are an experienced veteran just there for the comms, do not assume everyone else is like you. Please specify that you would like to do a speed run and space bar through the conversation clips. On the flipside if you REALLY want to watch the clips specify that too. EITHER WAY, majority rules, if the group decides to watch the clips do not spam SPACEBAR NAU, and if the group decides to skip do not slow everyone else down, please space bar. If you cannot abide by the majority, please leave the group or asked to be kicked. It is really annoying when a consensus is supposed to have been reached and the lone dissenter does his own thing out of spite.

Basically, if you are dead set to do FPs a certain way, let your wishes be known. 90% of the time the rest of the group is more than willing to oblige. If the group falls into the 10%, then either accept what the group decides or please leave the group.

-

Brittaany_Banks
01.04.2013 , 05:10 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
So this is a bit of a rant:

(SHORT VERSION AT BOTTOM)

Today i spent a total of 5 hours waiting for flashpoint groups to join and do hard mode stuff.

I managed to get into 9 Flashpoint groups and it seems to me i find the few people that should not play games.

they are:
A: inconsiderate
B: Ignorant
C: Uncooperative
D: Whiny

Now i will describe one story which drew the line for me:

I joined a flashpoint group which seemed to be going pretty smooth, but no one seemed to talk and i just got a feeling of awkwardness and tension.

they skipped by alot of enemies without telling me which threw me off a bit because ive always tackled every enemy in the way. but it didnt matter much because i was far enough back to react to this. I got caught up on a cliff and they just kept going. Now isnt it common courtesy to help group-mates out?

so after getting un-stuck, i rushed to catch up, and i managed to accidently cause an attack on myself and i ran towards my group for help. a person in the group right away said "dont run towards us" now... isnt the whole point of a team effort to help each-other out? so i decided to dis-regard what they were saying and run towards them for help.

to shorten, we ended up dying and respawning back to the start. not too far from where we died. two group mates immediately trashed my actions saying "they should force people to play these before doing hardmode". that irked me a bit and i felt bad. another thing that ticked me off, is that no matter what, i like to enjoy the convo-cinematics and i will listen to the characters talk. during this, one anxious groupmate kept spamming "SPACEBAR! HIT THE F****** SPACEBAR!". And after the convo said "they should just remove story stuff from hard mode... saves on time to rush through". pretty ignorant and self-serving, huh?

and to finish, i accidentally pulled 3-4 very easy (like 3000 hp) droids over and got yelled at for pulling enemies to them because i needed help. then after that fight, i was voted to be kicked out.

So since i hit 50 for the first time yesterday, i have attempted to do hard mode flashpoints and never completed one because i keep finding these types of people who are insanely competitive. i have gotten kicked every single time because of things i have no control over. and so what if i want to listen to a convo? im interested and the people can wait like one minute. not that bad.

SHORT VERSION:

Im tired of how stuck-up people are during hard-mode flashpoints. worrying about for fast to get through a convo, or about accidentally pulling a few enemies to the group for help. and i get kicked for all these dumb reasons

So what im saying here is, do you agree with this arrogant play-style? or do you think there should be more co-operative-ness (i know thats not a word) in these hard-mode flashpoints?

i can honestly say i'd like to think people are nicer than this but im about to give up on humanity over this
At any point prior to starting the Hard Mode did you inform the group you were completely new to the FP? If you did not you are partly at fault.

Furthermore if you like the cutscenes thats great. I fully support your decision to watch them... IN STORY MODE! These are Hard Mode FPs. people are there for gear, BH comms, or both. They have watched these cutscenes 10,000 times and have no desire to watch them over, and over, and over again just because you "like" them.
I don't care who you are. I don't care if you are male, or female, black, or white, gay, or straight, religious, or non-religious, old or young. I care about 3 things. Can you tank properly? Can you DPS properly? Can you heal properly?
#GamerGate

iamthehoyden
01.04.2013 , 05:16 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
SHORT VERSION:

Im tired of how stuck-up people are during hard-mode flashpoints. worrying about for fast to get through a convo, or about accidentally pulling a few enemies to the group for help. and i get kicked for all these dumb reasons

So what im saying here is, do you agree with this arrogant play-style? or do you think there should be more co-operative-ness (i know thats not a word) in these hard-mode flashpoints?

i can honestly say i'd like to think people are nicer than this but im about to give up on humanity over this
Hold on a sec. Honestly, it sounds like you (without meaning to) put yourself in a bad position that caused the group a lot of grief. Maybe they overreacted, were rude, who knows. I can't tell cause I wasn't there, however, do yourself a favor and run these fps in SM. You'll learn the fps, watching the cutscenes will be more tolerated, and you'll pick up some gear to bolster that hp. THEN move on to HMs.

And please, let your group know you're new and don't know the fps when you start. Most people are decent about showing you how it all goes if you let them know up front.
aren't you a little short for a stormtrooper?
---------------
Fan Fiction: My Name is Solomon Crae The Man in the Box

GweedoBane
01.04.2013 , 05:42 PM | #50
Ahhhh the skipping of HM fp's saga. I couldnt care less if someone wants to read the dialogue, I simply spacebar and wait for them to catch up. These days people worry about such insignificant stuff....but anywhos in regards to rude people in fp's I role a healer for my main and I can assure you that you wouldn't be left behind if you were trying to get through while I was grouped with you.

Oh and I wish forum names revealed peeps ingame names so I could addignore the elitist pr*cks in this thread lol. Looks to me like game is very srs bsns for them.......