Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

Brimmer
01.07.2013 , 08:01 PM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by Nasja View Post
You like highlighting the part you like don't you... lol. Who's the real troll
Both topics are talking about the same thing, as such it is fair since it is relevant to the topic. So no, it's not a troll. it's a spot light to the person (you) behind the text. Feel free to highlight anything I said.
Check out the spoilers for a good way to earn credits!
Spoiler

DemonicPenguin
01.08.2013 , 11:34 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Zarakaar View Post
People who queue for Hard Mode Lost Island the first day their first character hits 50 deserve to be kicked before they get the chance to aggro any Savrips.

If you want story, bring you guildmates and friends. If you want rewards, play the game like everyone else does...in a rush.

P.S. Obi-wan didn't kill every trooper on the Death Star. You're in flashpoints and ops for objectives, not for farming. Roleplay doing what you were sent to do as fast as possible.
Not true at all. I did it within my first week of hitting 50 on my first toon and only 3ish months in game with a PuG. I told everyone at the start it was my first time, and followed the groups lead. My first death was because the group was not real clear on what to do when the platforms started falling, and my second death was because I followed an experienced player in the wrong direction the next time they started falling. The next two attempts our group had other folks die on the way down. Once we made it down to the bottom with 8 we beat the boss just fine. I explicitly asked the group if the first two wipes were my fault and they didn't blame me at all. Those two deaths also wouldn't have matter if I'd been 50 for months instead of a week, they were due to inexperience with the Op itself.

Bottom line is, as long as a new player is up front about it, asks for strategy tips and plays conservatively enough/follows the lead of others then they won't hold the team back. Several newbies at once is a different story though. No worse than someone who's experienced, plays sloppy and won't listen to others in the group.

Gwence
01.08.2013 , 11:42 AM | #173
Quote: Originally Posted by DemonicPenguin View Post
Not true at all. I did it within my first week of hitting 50 on my first toon and only 3ish months in game with a PuG. I told everyone at the start it was my first time, and followed the groups lead. My first death was because the group was not real clear on what to do when the platforms started falling, and my second death was because I followed an experienced player in the wrong direction the next time they started falling. The next two attempts our group had other folks die on the way down. Once we made it down to the bottom with 8 we beat the boss just fine. I explicitly asked the group if the first two wipes were my fault and they didn't blame me at all. Those two deaths also wouldn't have matter if I'd been 50 for months instead of a week, they were due to inexperience with the Op itself.

Bottom line is, as long as a new player is up front about it, asks for strategy tips and plays conservatively enough/follows the lead of others then they won't hold the team back. Several newbies at once is a different story though. No worse than someone who's experienced, plays sloppy and won't listen to others in the group.
the guy you quoted was talking about Lost Island, it's a flashpoint

your little story here sounds like eternity vault, an operation

it's 2 different things, and much easier for 7 people to carry a fresh 50 newb through EV, even though it sounds like they sucked on soa lol.

BewBo
01.08.2013 , 12:37 PM | #174
I don't care that you may have done the thing 50 times (and if so why are you still doing it like a rat bumping a button with its nose for a treat)
it is extremely annoying to be rushed through - i ain't playing it for you
i'm playing cos i want some group fun and not a race
and where do peopple get off telling me "skip skip, space bar ffs"??!!! I don't tell other people what to do why are you? who made you the bigmen????
if you really take it that seriously you seriously need to get a life

Khevar
01.08.2013 , 12:53 PM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by BewBo View Post
I don't care that you may have done the thing 50 times (and if so why are you still doing it like a rat bumping a button with its nose for a treat)
and where do peopple get off telling me "skip skip, space bar ffs"??!!! I don't tell other people what to do why are you? who made you the bigmen????
Good manners goes both ways.

While I don't condone anyone being rude by saying SPAAAAACERBARRRRRR, the fact of the matter is, most people doing the HM FP in the group finder are there for the comms. Right or wrong, most people queuing want a fast run.

If you don't want a speed run, just ask politely in the beginning.

It's just as wrong to angrily demand everyone else to watch the story as it is to angrily demand everyone to spacebar. A respectful request will do wonders.

Icebergy
01.08.2013 , 01:06 PM | #176
There is no reason for rudeness. However, you, OP, need to communicate with your group. Let them know if you are new and need help/want to watch things. Don't just expect everyone to be new as well. Many of us have done the FPs over and over and just want to get them done and get our rewards.
10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 7/12 NiM, HM GF, 4/5 NiM, 7/10 HM

LanceCorporalDan
01.08.2013 , 01:21 PM | #177
My two cents...

In an HM everyone should've already done the flashpoint on storymode before, so they can learn the basic mechanics and even the story in a less dangerous environment. In HM everyone should come prepared, if you do not have that experience in at least a storymode you shouldn't que for the HM version of that FP... but if you have done the storymode and this is your first HM version of this, be courteous and let the team know so they can help teach you the new mechanics of the HM.

I agree the should help you if you at least bring prior experience from the regular FP's to the table. But if you don't then you are q'ing for the wrong thing.

Also as far as the story goes... if a member doesn't want to spacebar, fine it doesn't really matter to me. But other people would rather rush it. That said, do the storymodes to learn the story (makes sense right?)

It's when people don't follow those simple guidelines that the more hardcore pve players get ticked. Understandably of course.
Neves - 55 Vanguard
Dahkaras - 55 AssassinKeelaran - 55Juggernaut
Kalkaran - 55 MercenaryKallim - 55 Operative

BewBo
01.08.2013 , 03:00 PM | #178
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Good manners goes both ways.

While I don't condone anyone being rude by saying SPAAAAACERBARRRRRR, the fact of the matter is, most people doing the HM FP in the group finder are there for the comms. Right or wrong, most people queuing want a fast run.

If you don't want a speed run, just ask politely in the beginning.

It's just as wrong to angrily demand everyone else to watch the story as it is to angrily demand everyone to spacebar. A respectful request will do wonders.

this I agree yes

DSpectre
01.08.2013 , 06:52 PM | #179
Quote: Originally Posted by BewBo View Post
Games should not be taken seriously in the first place..
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Athena-Nike
01.08.2013 , 07:05 PM | #180
Quote: Originally Posted by SebastiaanZ View Post
Best way to deal with these idiots who play elitist is to join a guild that is socially very good and active and who do not solely focus on raids and HMs. You do that, and you're good. I did and despite some speedruns and me pulling some mobs out of inexperience, they never abandoned me.
Beside the elite idiots part this^

Join a guild for full runs, pugs dont want to waste time on killing mobs that give nothing (no exp at 50, legacy is useless, negligible creds/items).