Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a common courtesy thing in-game?

DaveMcKnight
01.03.2013 , 10:24 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DSpectre View Post
I give stuff i dont need to use to other people. but when i play with the occasional A-hole i try to take all i can get
I didn't realize the type of person the guy was until near the end when I asked him what he was going to do with all the Juggernaut loot after I was called a tool for finally getting a single piece. His reply was, "sell it for credits, ******." Until then, I just figured I was having a bad roll, since i was selecting need on Jug equip and so was he, or at least that's what it seemed like.

I did my best to help him throughout the thing, giving him advice on certain things, like reviving himself if he died while we fought one of the bosses in the BT flashpoint, since it would keep the boss from regening health. It was only about the last ten minutes that things turned real sour when he revealed he didn't need the stuff and was just grabbing it up for credits. Maybe I'm too nice, but since I don't use too many alts right now, I select pass since usually, other players could use the loot themselves for better defense/attack specs.

DSpectre
01.03.2013 , 10:30 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by DaveMcKnight View Post
I didn't realize the type of person the guy was until near the end when I asked him what he was going to do with all the Juggernaut loot after I was called a tool for finally getting a single piece. His reply was, "sell it for credits, ******." Until then, I just figured I was having a bad roll, since i was selecting need on Jug equip and so was he, or at least that's what it seemed like.

I did my best to help him throughout the thing, giving him advice on certain things, like reviving himself if he died while we fought one of the bosses in the BT flashpoint, since it would keep the boss from regening health. It was only about the last ten minutes that things turned real sour when he revealed he didn't need the stuff and was just grabbing it up for credits. Maybe I'm too nice, but since I don't use too many alts right now, I select pass since usually, other players could use the loot themselves for better defense/attack specs.

yeah basically, when i do flashpoints with people, there are people who deserve and who dont. unless the other WILLINGLY gives loot to you for credits. but if people are being jerks either by things they say, not helping everyone out, then i dont think they deserve the drops during the flashpoint.

but people like YOU there should be more of.
"Who I am is not important, my message is."
―Revan

Icestar
01.04.2013 , 07:19 AM | #13
Now me, even when I was a new player, I would pass on equipment drops that had nothing to do with my class. In this run, mainly Jug equipment dropped, and everytime he won the roll with greed. This guy was playing a Marauder, making the equipment useless to him.
That is no problem, if he wants to use greed when he rolls it is fair. It is those that press need on items they cant use that is the real problem.

I always need on stuff I can use myself and greed on stuff I canīt use, I usually only pass if my inventory is full.

uniz
01.05.2013 , 12:32 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
That is no problem, if he wants to use greed when he rolls it is fair. It is those that press need on items they cant use that is the real problem.

I always need on stuff I can use myself and greed on stuff I canīt use, I usually only pass if my inventory is full.
i do the same but dont need for companion gear over a player character. also a lot of people i play with feel this way too.

Icestar
01.05.2013 , 05:25 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by uniz View Post
i do the same but dont need for companion gear over a player character. also a lot of people i play with feel this way too.
Companion gear is always greed, if someone use need for stuff they cant use themselves for a companion I either leave the team or intiate a vote kick (unless it is a mistake and they trade the item). I never play with those kind of players, they earn a spot on the ignorelist and I move on.

Nigredo
01.06.2013 , 10:46 AM | #16
Okay, this is something that's got me thinking about just soloing flashpoints. I recently created a SW and leveled him up to an 11 Juggernaut, and did the Black Talon flashpoint with someone who was clearly a new player (from his inactions to his actions and chat commentary).

Now me, even when I was a new player, I would pass on equipment drops that had nothing to do with my class. In this run, mainly Jug equipment dropped, and everytime he won the roll with greed. This guy was playing a Marauder, making the equipment useless to him. I finally got a piece (shield generator) and was called a tool for doing so. I confronted the guy in chat, and suffice to say I found out he was doing the flashpoint and getting the pieces solely for the purpose of selling them. We eventually had a duel (his challenge, my win) and I placed him on my ignore list.

But because I've done my best to extend a courtesy to other players by tapping pass on all non-class equipment drops, I guess I thought this was a common courtesy. Now please note, this was one of the only flashpoints I've had a bad experience with, and the only time I haven't had a guild by the time I reached the Imperial Fleet. I recognize this is probably not the average occurrence, but this was the first time where my class was actually affected. (I've seen troopers grab Smug equip, BH snap up SI equip, etc.)

Anyways, this is technically just a bit of a rant, but this has been giving me indigestion since it happened and I finally decided to figure out if anyone else has had this happen. BTW, the SM's name was Arawon or something like that; if someone else has had experience with him, well, it'd be nice to know if they had a better one and I'm more of a singular case with it.....
if bad manners and in game etiquette is affecting you physically you need to seek help.
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

Vladnar
01.06.2013 , 11:14 AM | #17
RULE OF THUMB and the way its really always been for MMO.

You NEED if you are going to use it for that specific character doing that SPECIFIC job...so if my sorcs is healer and he'll use it then i NEED it......i may not put it straight on as i may want to augment it first etc but thats the idea...a little more confusing with mods but thats the general gist.

If you dont' NEED in those circumstances then you can GREED all.....pass only if you really don't want to it or are lumbering it/giving it all to someone else.

SIMPLES.

If you may want it for your companion, so ALL ITEMS CAN BE OF GREAT USE, then you SHOULD ASK FIRST before needing otherwise its just GREED and see what happens....so a bunch of rakata 50';s in black talon and i want something for azshara on my sorcs then i say OK IF I NEED FOR COMPANION and unless i get a yes/no then i need or greed appropriately.

THAT IS ALL.

If you find someone is doing the wrong thing challenge them they usually apologise and it can be traded and sorted out or have a vote and kick them.

BACK IN WOW DAYS i was kicked as we took on the boss JUST IN CASE i wanted to roll on an item that may have dropped and the leader of a pug didn't want to take the chance, AND it was a one run a day dungeon too so these probs are more odd person centric and don't let them ruin it for all of us WE WON@T.

Good luck and happy hunting
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

MsMalice
01.06.2013 , 12:14 PM | #18
If someone is needing on things that they don't need, warn them that will be kicked if they do it again. That generally fixes the problem. Needing for companions is not an excuse. Don't be afraid to start a vote to kick them out if they persist because it's what's best for the group, and hopefully the player will learn from his/her mistakes.
RAYE
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
<Just Relax>

Icestar
01.07.2013 , 09:10 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by MsMalice View Post
If someone is needing on things that they don't need, warn them that will be kicked if they do it again. That generally fixes the problem. Needing for companions is not an excuse. Don't be afraid to start a vote to kick them out if they persist because it's what's best for the group, and hopefully the player will learn from his/her mistakes.
This is actually not the case in many of the groups with the introduction of F2P, yes this was not a problem before atleast not for me anyway. Nowdays it is very common that players takes items that they can not use. I am sure that most of them have been told before and know exactly what they are doing. In most cases they wait until all press greed/pass and then press need so it is a appearent ninja of the item. That is when I either try to kick the player or leave, in most cases I leave and start over without spending more energy on that specific group.

Bioware should make it impossible to need items that is not for your class like many other MMOs has already done.

Zarakaar
01.07.2013 , 01:15 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
Bioware should make it impossible to need items that is not for your class like many other MMOs has already done.
Absolutely not. Practically every piece of gear in swtor ops has an enhancement which can be used by anyone. A marauder needing on jugg DPS equipment can swap shells and equip it. Also, once you're well above the gear level of these isntances, Needing for companions and Greeding for vendor credits is a nice feature that keeps people form having to run back to boss bodies from passing.

If someone is rolling Need on things they will not equip themselves, ask them to trade it to the person who does need it. You can always request a re-roll and trade if someone wants it for a comp and so do others. Don't keep DPS on a team after they ninja something.