Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

xorcist's Avatar


xorcist
01.24.2013 , 08:58 PM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by Revanchis View Post
Man, you really need to stop stating that like it's an empirical fact.
I'm sorry but it is a fact, through and through.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Bomyne's Avatar


Bomyne
01.24.2013 , 09:00 PM | #612
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
I'm sorry but it is a fact, through and through.
The fact is that SGR and SGRA does not detract from guild functionality.

It's not just one person doing everything in TOR. It's a large team. A few large teams probably. A few large teams that are working on a lot of different things.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

MaximusRex's Avatar


MaximusRex
01.24.2013 , 09:36 PM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by Bomyne View Post
The fact is that SGR and SGRA does not detract from guild functionality.

It's not just one person doing everything in TOR. It's a large team. A few large teams probably. A few large teams that are working on a lot of different things.
These people don't understand that a big company with a complex product isn't like their job at McDonalds where everyone can cover everyone else.

SGR as is currently being implemented is only being added to new content. This story content needed to be written and voiced, so deliberately saying there will be so many SGR interactions during the planning stage is no additional work. Additionally, the people who do story and voice acting don't make Guild UI or Flash Points.

The idea that SGR in future content is taking away from other core features that the game should have is silly at best.

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
01.24.2013 , 10:57 PM | #614
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
I'm sorry but it is a fact, through and through.
Might you provide us a link to the statistics you have gathered to support this claim? If it is a fact, then it should be able to withstand peer review.

Anecdotal evidence is not empirical.

Evgen's Avatar


Evgen
01.25.2013 , 02:22 AM | #615
These threads are wasting much more of Bioware's time than SGR's :P
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

tXHereticXt's Avatar


tXHereticXt
01.25.2013 , 04:15 AM | #616
This v
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
SGR as is currently being implemented is only being added to new content. This story content needed to be written and voiced, so deliberately saying there will be so many SGR interactions during the planning stage is no additional work. Additionally, the people who do story and voice acting don't make Guild UI or Flash Points.
That's the only legitimate counter argument to my desire to get to choose our voice actors for our character. While not impossible, it would be outrageously difficult for Bioware to get everyone back and have them go through all lines of every class of their respected sex. It's just impractical, as much as I would love that - now with the f2p transition (which usually isn't a good sign from an original sub-based model) - there would be so much money involved it's not even funny.

Bomyne's Avatar


Bomyne
01.25.2013 , 04:39 AM | #617
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
These threads are wasting much more of Bioware's time than SGR's :P
Again, different teams. The community team don't work on story or programming. They work on community interaction.
"Sometimes, The obvious choice is the wrong choice."

Nitblade's Avatar


Nitblade
01.25.2013 , 10:43 AM | #618
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
Might you provide us a link to the statistics you have gathered to support this claim? If it is a fact, then it should be able to withstand peer review.

Anecdotal evidence is not empirical.
Well i will challenge you to do the same, Provide links with factual numbers and THEN you can state that it is a minority. Not before.
Since the start of this thread lots of people keep telling the same thing and No One ever came up with links or number even if always challenged. So please keep your strawman arguments from the debate, and that goes for each side.
Commando [Gunnery] 55, Sage [Seer] 55, Gunslinger [Sharshooter] 55, Sentinel [Watchman] 55, Vanguard [Shield Specialist] 55
Juggernaut [Immortal] 55, Sorcerer [Lightning] 55

Bowdaar: "Mercy to a Fool brings good luck

Phyltr's Avatar


Phyltr
01.25.2013 , 11:42 AM | #619
Quote: Originally Posted by Nitblade View Post
Well i will challenge you to do the same, Provide links with factual numbers and THEN you can state that it is a minority. Not before.
Since the start of this thread lots of people keep telling the same thing and No One ever came up with links or number even if always challenged. So please keep your strawman arguments from the debate, and that goes for each side.
I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

If I were to take a stance, its against people making stuff up.

Revanchis's Avatar


Revanchis
01.25.2013 , 02:19 PM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by Phyltr View Post
I'm not stating anything is, or isn't, a majority/minority, I'm simply asking someone who is claiming something is 100% true to provide their evidence to back that up. Read through all these pages, I've never once voiced a preference one way or another.

If I were to take a stance, its against people making stuff up.
Then let's just agree that the size of the audience is unknown.