Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tatile
01.15.2013 , 02:30 PM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by Agagooga View Post
Well, some SGR advocates are certainly very upset from what I read elsewhere. And no, not just on Fox News.
While that is correct, to say that something should not be done because some people - even those wanting the something - might be upset or disappointed leads to not doing anything at all.

Also, if you wish to discuss this further, PM me.

Agagooga
01.15.2013 , 02:42 PM | #492
Quote: Originally Posted by greatgeek View Post
Yeah....no.
That is not a political stance. That is an attempt to be witty at describing how some people are against SGR.

About the worst you could say is that it's a bad joke.
"As an [imperial] agent I am surrounded by strong (albeit mostly psychotic) women"

Bamml
01.15.2013 , 02:57 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Agagooga View Post

Spoiler
This guy

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Reess_Kairn

Agagooga
01.15.2013 , 03:09 PM | #494
Quote: Originally Posted by Bamml View Post
Cool! Maybe that will be invented in TOR in another 2,000 years (?)
"As an [imperial] agent I am surrounded by strong (albeit mostly psychotic) women"

Allronix
01.15.2013 , 04:04 PM | #495
The most reasonable suggestion I found for this was to make all the romances available, regardless of gender, and implement a code switch the make flirting with your female companion cut off the romance branch for the male one, or vice versa. And for those who did not want "EW, GAY!" in their game, you could toggle a switch from your preferences menu to turn SGRA on or off.

There were some fine mods for KOTOR 1 and 2 that did almost exactly this, and it just uses the dialogue already there (you may need a couple lines tweaked, but re-dubs are done all the time in voice work).

I like warzones, endgame content, PvP, space battles, and exploration. Of course, any expansion to those are welcome. A year in, and I'm still exploring everything. I've also encountered a few annoying bugs that were since fixed, and a few that have yet to be, mostly in the form of getting stuck (but it's software, bugs happen, they probably weren't factoring in someone like me that climbs everything looking for Easter Eggs, and there's no such thing as a "perfect system").

However, the main selling point to this MMO over its competitors is story. BioWare frankly built its reputation on being the Best in the West for story-based RP, with memorable companions and side characters, detailed worlds, and a codex the size of Websters Unabridged. (Square is Best of the East; Kingdom Hearts is a trippy idea that should not work, but totally does. And the Final Fantasy games are "kiss your month goodbye" in terms of size). To that end, story content would be top priority, and weaving all the content like PvP and flashpoints into it is one of the things this game does well. One of the reasons I enjoy Warzones like Denova and Voidstar is because they feel like part of the overall setting (and one of the reasons Huttball is my least favorite is because, while inventive and funny, doesn't feel like part of the story). My favorite flashpoint is The Esseles because of the great story content and characters.

To that end, I'll take any new story content you can throw at me. New sidequests, new planets and operations, new companion quests (pretty please, can I see Nadia's homeworld, maybe pay respects to her daddy? Or take her and/or Felix to see Master Yuon?) . Yes, a same-gender relationship option would totally be fun to explore. It's more story!
Alylia Terel of Bergen Colony
Offering Assistance to Friends of the Republic. World Bosses, Imperials, and Sith defeated. Datacrons procured and worlds explored.

markcymru
01.15.2013 , 04:42 PM | #496
Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
The most reasonable suggestion I found for this was to make all the romances available, regardless of gender, and implement a code switch the make flirting with your female companion cut off the romance branch for the male one, or vice versa. And for those who did not want "EW, GAY!" in their game, you could toggle a switch from your preferences menu to turn SGRA on or off.

There were some fine mods for KOTOR 1 and 2 that did almost exactly this, and it just uses the dialogue already there (you may need a couple lines tweaked, but re-dubs are done all the time in voice work).
According to BW this won't happen (it's considered discriminatory, and I agree with BW)

Quote: Originally Posted by Allronix View Post
I like warzones, endgame content, PvP, space battles, and exploration. Of course, any expansion to those are welcome. A year in, and I'm still exploring everything. I've also encountered a few annoying bugs that were since fixed, and a few that have yet to be, mostly in the form of getting stuck (but it's software, bugs happen, they probably weren't factoring in someone like me that climbs everything looking for Easter Eggs, and there's no such thing as a "perfect system").

However, the main selling point to this MMO over its competitors is story. BioWare frankly built its reputation on being the Best in the West for story-based RP, with memorable companions and side characters, detailed worlds, and a codex the size of Websters Unabridged. (Square is Best of the East; Kingdom Hearts is a trippy idea that should not work, but totally does. And the Final Fantasy games are "kiss your month goodbye" in terms of size). To that end, story content would be top priority, and weaving all the content like PvP and flashpoints into it is one of the things this game does well. One of the reasons I enjoy Warzones like Denova and Voidstar is because they feel like part of the overall setting (and one of the reasons Huttball is my least favorite is because, while inventive and funny, doesn't feel like part of the story). My favorite flashpoint is The Esseles because of the great story content and characters.

To that end, I'll take any new story content you can throw at me. New sidequests, new planets and operations, new companion quests (pretty please, can I see Nadia's homeworld, maybe pay respects to her daddy? Or take her and/or Felix to see Master Yuon?) . Yes, a same-gender relationship option would totally be fun to explore. It's more story!
This is a very thoughtful post, from a player who, like many of us pro-SGRers , values other aspects as well as romance. Thank you!
“The comments on any article about feminism justify feminism.” — Lewis's Law

xorcist
01.15.2013 , 08:19 PM | #497
Priorities for all individuals should be guild functions/features. Quality of life suggestions from the thread: A Thousand Papercuts. For PvP warzones, it should be working on removing the handicaps and making it fun for everyone involved. Not just for those who exclusively engage in PvP matches, because that's where we're at right now.
Cartel Market can take a back seat as well, and it's time to bring the Collectors Edition vendor to the forefront as it was meant to be.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

Revanchis
01.16.2013 , 09:18 AM | #498
Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
Priorities for all individuals should be guild functions/features. Quality of life suggestions from the thread: A Thousand Papercuts. For PvP warzones, it should be working on removing the handicaps and making it fun for everyone involved. Not just for those who exclusively engage in PvP matches, because that's where we're at right now.
Cartel Market can take a back seat as well, and it's time to bring the Collectors Edition vendor to the forefront as it was meant to be.
That's a load of ********. I don't give a single damn about guild functions or features because I'm not in a guild. The CE vendor already has enough stuff, there's no reason to prioritize an exclusive shop that can only be accessed by a few individuals, and it certainly isn't going to attract new customers.

CarpeSangrea
01.16.2013 , 12:17 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by markcymru View Post
According to BW this won't happen (it's considered discriminatory, and I agree with BW)
I'm confused. How is it discriminatory to give people the option?

Altyrell
01.16.2013 , 01:15 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by CarpeSangrea View Post
I'm confused. How is it discriminatory to give people the option?
Because it specifically targets SGR's and not just overall Romances.