Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 12:22 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
Take it to PMs you two.
How about we instead jettison the political aspect of the debate altogether?

I would think the discussion of content priority, as the original opinion of the poster who started this thread, is actually quite applicable and more on target here.

Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 12:24 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
How about we instead jettison the political aspect of the debate altogether?

I would think the discussion of content priority, as in the original opinion of the poster who started this thread, is actually quite applicable and more on target here.
Then stop calling it a political agenda.

The majority has already been catered to 99% of the time in SWTOR. It won't kill us (yes, I'm not gay either) to learn to share.

Take it to PMs you two.
Why? It's completely on-topic.

-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 12:27 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Caelrie View Post
Why? It's completely on-topic.
Actually, he is right.

It is not on-topic and I am done with it.

Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 12:31 PM | #424
Actually, he is right.

It is not on-topic and I am done with it.
No, he's not right. The thread is about whether SRGA content should be included or not. That's what we're arguing about. In fact, that's what HIS posts 1 page ago are arguing about too.

-IceHawk-
01.11.2013 , 12:53 PM | #425
Back on topic folks. There is already a giant thread debating whether or not SGRs belong in the game. This thread is not about that.
A reminder, perhaps.

I would target three items as higher priority than SGRA:

First, PVP-Balance.
The Rage-Specialization for Juggernaughts and Marauders, the Static-Barrier Backlash Effect for Sorcerers, and the DPS builds for both Sorcerers and Mercenaries need to be addressed.

Second, Client Optimization & General Bug Fixes
Whether it be infrequent but highly intense moments of inexplicable lag, ability delays, persistent Flashpoint Bugs, et al, Bioware needs to optimize this thing. 11 FPS next to the GTN is annoying.

Third, Endgame PVE Expansion.
I consider Makeb a mini-expansion at best and the abandonment of individual class stories is not something I support. If Bioware is to extend the PVE story it should do so with a real expansion pack.

Given an extra, Crafting needs attention.
Between the undercutting of the Cybertech Ship Part market or the Artifice Crystal Market and the annoying state of the Re-system crafters in general need to be resituated as indispensible components of the economy. At this point I literally have no use for any crafter unless I want to skip the BH Com grind for one item.

SSSP, SGRA, Mini-Games, even World PVP can be moved higher into priorities after the core gameplay is addressed.

Caelrie
01.11.2013 , 01:04 PM | #426
SSSP, SGRA, Mini-Games, even World PVP can be moved higher into priorities after the core gameplay is addressed.
Which is code for "never", because there will always be something about the "main game" that someone finds lacking.

TheNahash
01.11.2013 , 01:13 PM | #427
You guys do realize that the developers have probably devoted less time and energy in implementing those few lines of dialogue in those NPCs on Makeb than you have by now, right?

Also, and that's kinda irrelevant, but it's been bugging me for a while so I thought I'd ask.
If SGR stands for Same-Gender Romance, what the hell is that "A" in SGRA?

Altyrell
01.11.2013 , 01:20 PM | #428
Third, Endgame PVE Expansion.
I consider Makeb a mini-expansion at best and the abandonment of individual class stories is not something I support. If Bioware is to extend the PVE story it should do so with a real expansion pack.
Since this one ACTUALLY applies to the Department that SGRA's fall under, I will address this one as the others had squat to do with the Writing or Voice Over Departments. And please, don't give the same BS excuse of Finite Budget & Resources.

Them deciding to include SGR Flirt Options with Makeb & the RotHC Expansion wasn't the SOLE & ONLY reason why they aren't FOR THE MOMENT adding Chapter 4's to the Class Stories. Could it be A reason, sure is it the ONLY reason, NO. Also, they aren't abandoning ICS's altogether. JUST because they aren't adding 8 Individual & UNIQUE Chapter 4's with this Expansion doesn't mean that they've stopped altogether.

Oh and SGR's, OGR's (both with Companions & with NPC's), World Quests, etc, guess what, They are all considered to be PvE Story. Just because they aren't Chapter 4 for the Class Storyline, doesn't make them any less PvE Story. And as seeing as Makeb is an Endgame World, the World Story that is on it IS even more so, wait for it... wait for it... that's right, ENDGAME STORY. So look, SGR's didn't stop Endgame PvE Story from getting added.

Plus, what all did we get this past year?? That's right, stuff for PvP Players, Flash Points, a New Companion and along the way, they've told those Players that they are going to be getting more stuff in the Future. All the meanwhile, Players who have been waiting for SGRA's to get added since before the game even went live and hadn't gotten an update in the ENTIRE Year it's been live until earlier this month, is all of a sudden a problem. Really? It's now a problem all of a sudden when they FINALLY announce an UPDATE for the SGRA Crowd that we will FINALLY get something in Spring of 2013. And yeah it might be a "token" but guess what, WE (As in those that have been wanting SGRA's ever since BioWare first announced that there will be Romances in THIS Game) have had to wait for that "token" for over 2 Years.

Revanchis
01.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
You guys do realize that the developers have probably devoted less time and energy in implementing those few lines of dialogue in those NPCs on Makeb than you have by now, right?

Also, and that's kinda irrelevant, but it's been bugging me for a while so I thought I'd ask.
SGRA stands for Same Gender Romance Arcs.

Altyrell
01.11.2013 , 01:21 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post

Same Gender Romance Arcs.