Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how can u change servers

zombiemannsev
12.23.2011 , 12:17 PM | #31
I can't wait to see the reaction when the ability to server transfer opens up and people find out that the industry standard is to charge a nominal fee for the service.

Norgana
12.23.2011 , 12:37 PM | #32
Sitting 221 in the que for Darth Bandon i would gladly pay for a server transfer.

Dasffion
12.23.2011 , 12:38 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Norgana View Post
Sitting 221 in the que for Darth Bandon i would gladly pay for a server transfer.
Darth Bandon is my server as well. I've never sat in a queue for longer than 20 minutes. That's more than tolerable.

Norgana
12.23.2011 , 12:43 PM | #34
Ya its only about 20 mins but seeing all those "Light" west coast servers makes ya wanna jump, lol

VanorDM
12.23.2011 , 12:54 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Richo_ View Post
Regardless if this is common in other MMO's (Its not in Eve)
EvE only has one server, so there's nothing to transfer to.

Dasffion
12.23.2011 , 01:16 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Norgana View Post
Ya its only about 20 mins but seeing all those "Light" west coast servers makes ya wanna jump, lol
Part of the reason there are still so many light servers and full servers is because people are worried about getting stuck on a server that has a pathetically low population. It's never fun. That's the reason I say that a 20 minute queue is more than tolerable. I'd rather deal with that than have to wait hours to get a group for a FP or OPs together.

MasterDarkim
12.24.2011 , 05:11 AM | #37
So the thought is at some point they will allow a character transfer to a different server, for a price? If so that seems reasonable. This is my first experience with MMO's, I had no idea the server was an issue. I usually play Battlefield 3 or games such as that, you jump around servers all the time. Now I'm playing all fat, dumb, and happy and learning more about it. I'm only at level 11 but still, I don't want to have to start over just to play the exact same missions with the exact same character. What if you get to level 70 and the server gets screwed up, all your time is wasted? Or I meet people were I live and work and discover they play, I can't join them. This is just all new to me; maybe I just don't get what the problem is and why you can't change.

If someone doesn't mind spending a little time with a newbie, maybe you can explain it to me. I have read all the overviews it doesn't really seem to address it.

Joatmon
12.24.2011 , 05:27 AM | #38
If people want to change servers so bad, Bioware should charge people $100 per transfer. If you want to change so bad, have it. Just my honest opinion.

RicardoGomes
12.24.2011 , 07:11 AM | #39
Guild Wars had several servers and switching was not a problem, and... it was free.

NarutoSucks
12.24.2011 , 11:12 AM | #40
Just got done reading some posts about this and there will be a way to transfer servers soon, but I don't know when and I don't know how much it'll cost. I may or may not want to transfer my rp character to another server where my friend is, but the option being there is always nice.