Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

how can u change servers

Dizneyguy
12.20.2011 , 10:57 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Mithros View Post
The only people at fault for you and your friend(s) not getting on the same server are you and your friend(s).

You have computers, so you could e-mail each other. One of you could call another when they got in and said "Here's a list of servers that I like. Which do you want to play on?"
Again - keep in mind that not everyone playing SWtOR has played an MMO before and will have no idea about the importance of choosing a 'Server'. They also probably haven't thought of doing any reading about the mechanics of MMO's. They want to be Han Solo - not a law clerk.
May the force be with... ME!

Radowen
12.20.2011 , 04:28 PM | #22
It's ridiculously lame that when i go to log on ***my server is full but 20 other servers arent....and i cant play because i have to sit around in a cue. ****, farm us out to other servers, im sure youd have plenty of takers.

Or let us change servers

this is an absolute waste of time and money. 20 servers empty - one server full and no relief.

I specifically picked a server out of the middle of the pack so this would not happen.

*** bioware, really. Really?

FifthDread
12.20.2011 , 08:51 PM | #23
I was on this Saturday during the pre release, and my friends all assured me that "when the game is released they are opening up the amount of players that can join a server"

Now I have a queue three times larger than it was in pre release... 50 minute wait? How are you going to release without a character server switch option? How hard can it be to implement? Now I know you have to configure a web client to accept payment (if required) then move information from one database to another, but we went through a good beta phase... You would think SOMEONE would be at your morning meeting saying "We need a way for players to switch servers"

I hate the fact that I can find this forum, login, and rant during the time I am in the server queue. What makes me even more angry is the fact that my 5 friends are all playing on a lower population server now. Great- so I am waiting in the queue on a server they made me join, and here they are playing a different server... What a waste of time. I really do not want to start a new character on a new server.

Siriel
12.20.2011 , 10:10 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by TheJay View Post
The fact that you can't change servers is the dumbest thing ever, and quite frankly, inexcusable. I could understand not letting a character go from PvE to PvP, but that's about it. If I have invested all this time into a character only to find out a friend is on another server, why should I have to go through it all again to play with a friend? DUMB.
Well, I'm rather certain it will be possible later, but right now they have hundreds of thousands of people logging on and they have to act quickly on many issues (accounts, bugs, etc.). As most people are just starting off, trying many classes, it's not a big problem at the moment (though I know restarting from scratch and replaying 20ish hours is annoying, but it's acceptable in the current situation).

And yes, I am one of those waiting 40 minutes before being able to play.

( I don't work for any company )

Richo_
12.21.2011 , 01:24 AM | #25
If this was explained before chosing a server I wouldnt be so pissed off. Regardless if this is common in other MMO's (Its not in Eve), it is still stupid. The excuse to stop people being idiots is a dumb reason.

The biggest problem with this game is there is basically no explanation of how things work, the knowledge base is a joke.

GrandAdmiralTom
12.21.2011 , 02:11 PM | #26
Just adding my voice to the many - when I chose my server, Hydian Way, it was quiet.

The queue is now completely unreasonable.

Server transfers without wiping out game progress are a must. If they are worried about lack of accountability for the occasional moron, then only allow them once in a blue moon or something.

Either that, or they need to be able to add power to the servers that they have facilitated the overpopulation of.

Only bioware were in a position to prevent this problem and now they have caused it, only they can solve it for everyone affected.

Tom.

P.S. Goodness knows why the forum has now decided to present itself to me in a Germanic language.
Do, or do not. There is no "try".

Jesterrr
12.22.2011 , 02:56 PM | #27
I would very much like to be able to switch servers. I've been able to play since the 13th and now that my server (Lord Praven) is full the waiting queue is getting very annoying. Also since I was able to play early most of my friends have now recently purchased the game, my server is full and I would rather not start from scratch.

That being said maybe there isn't the choice to switch yet because of the game only being released to everyone else for a few days.

I don't know, all I know is that I want to be able to switch out of my current overpopulated sever so I can join my friends.
Main: Sith Sorcerer lvl 36
alt 1-Sith Marauder lvl 11
alt 2 Sith Operative lvl 6

Dasffion
12.22.2011 , 03:26 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jesterrr View Post
I would very much like to be able to switch servers. I've been able to play since the 13th and now that my server (Lord Praven) is full the waiting queue is getting very annoying. Also since I was able to play early most of my friends have now recently purchased the game, my server is full and I would rather not start from scratch.

That being said maybe there isn't the choice to switch yet because of the game only being released to everyone else for a few days.

I don't know, all I know is that I want to be able to switch out of my current overpopulated sever so I can join my friends.
In the lower lefthand corner of the screen there's a Select Server button. You won't be able to transfer your character but that's how you switch servers.

SupahBug
12.23.2011 , 06:24 AM | #29
I can't even choose a server to play on which is stopping me from playing, any fixes ?

Jesterrr
12.23.2011 , 11:59 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
In the lower lefthand corner of the screen there's a Select Server button. You won't be able to transfer your character but that's how you switch servers.
Ah I know that, sorry if I wasn't clear. I meant switching my character to a different server
Main: Sith Sorcerer lvl 36
alt 1-Sith Marauder lvl 11
alt 2 Sith Operative lvl 6