Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Chiss

MouseNoFour
01.03.2013 , 04:51 AM | #1
Something that really bothered me about the Chiss.

Whenever i create one i think looks great, i only manage a level or two before i delete them as they just look hideous.

But whenever i see someone else's Chiss, they look just amazing!
My time card ends on December 5th. I have no intent to subscribe, let alone play, after i have completed all 9 episodes of KotFE. Likely i will subscribe for a single month to finish off the ''season'', play what remains and then say good bye to SWTOR until the END of the next season. Enjoy Bioware!

ConradLionhart
01.03.2013 , 05:08 AM | #2
Probably a case of we want what we don't have.

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 05:17 AM | #3
Now that I have my force using Chiss like I wanted when TOR came out, and it wasnt an option, I find I really prefere the Cyborgs, though I don't see why Cyborg is a race.

Still, my first (and so far only) 50 is my Sith Assassin who's a Chiss (though the storyline really doesn't play well with being a Chiss in this class).

Are you trying to copy the Chiss you see? Also, there's like the outfit factor. A Chiss can look good in a lot of the gear out there, but there is just some gear that doesn't mesh well with them.

I know I prefere to go with the darker blue skin color on my Chiss, instead of the more pale blue. That could be a factor for you as well.

SleepyJoeFriday
01.03.2013 , 05:26 AM | #4
My only Chiss is a nuetrally aligned Agent. I suspect though that you may be suffering the effects of Dark Side Corruption.
I've had to turn off Dark Side Corruption showing on some of my toons (Twileck and Sith) as they're currently in an odd state whereby the Sith is pink and the Twileck has gone an odd shade as well.

SithKoriandr
01.03.2013 , 05:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SleepyJoeFriday View Post
My only Chiss is a nuetrally aligned Agent. I suspect though that you may be suffering the effects of Dark Side Corruption.
I've had to turn off Dark Side Corruption showing on some of my toons (Twileck and Sith) as they're currently in an odd state whereby the Sith is pink and the Twileck has gone an odd shade as well.
Can you get enough DS to change the appearance in just a level or two?

MouseNoFour
01.03.2013 , 05:44 AM | #6
No! I would never ''copy'' someone else's character's looks. I made that mistake once with my Jedi Sage. I made her an exact duplicate of Vette. Just because i could. I did it in the first month of the game - 48 levels and a year later - i am totally regretting it.

Not because i hate Vette like a lot of players do - in fact i really like her character. No, its because i see my Sage's face EVERYWHERE on the Empire with Sith Warriors having Vette in tow.

Never do that again!
My time card ends on December 5th. I have no intent to subscribe, let alone play, after i have completed all 9 episodes of KotFE. Likely i will subscribe for a single month to finish off the ''season'', play what remains and then say good bye to SWTOR until the END of the next season. Enjoy Bioware!

Crip
01.03.2013 , 05:54 AM | #7
Chiss and twilek are the 2 best looking races that you see other people using imo. Im the same, I can't use them and I end up creating humans.

MouseNoFour
01.03.2013 , 06:03 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Crip View Post
Chiss and twilek are the 2 best looking races that you see other people using imo. Im the same, I can't use them and I end up creating humans.
Of all the characters ive created that i actually care about, 10 are Human, 2 are Twi'lek, 1 is a Muraluka and the last one is Mirialan.