Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alacrity as madness sorc

Trimexxx
01.02.2013 , 08:14 PM | #1
Simple question, does alacrity affect the ticks of FL?

AdmiralParmesan
01.02.2013 , 09:42 PM | #2
Yes it does. Force lightning benefits alot from alacrity as it makes the channel cast faster. In full madness having a decent alacrity rating will not only help your damage but help you more consistently get wrath procs and maintain your force management. After you get the appropriate amount of surge I would suggest you put the rest into alacrity.

I hope this helps
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Vladnar
01.11.2013 , 12:51 PM | #3
and if you put all of that alacrity into power how would that affect your damage/healing plus theres no curve or limit to its usefulness.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

SgtKlavier
01.11.2013 , 01:39 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Vladnar View Post
and if you put all of that alacrity into power how would that affect your damage/healing plus theres no curve or limit to its usefulness.
Alacrity does not compete with power on gear except in the case of augments, which should be will power anyways.

SoonerJBD
01.11.2013 , 10:22 PM | #5
It's important to understand the way stats work at end game. All gear for inquisitors will have endurance and willpower. It will also have a secondary and tertiary stat. The secondary stats are critical rating and power. Tertiary stats are accuracy, surge and alacrity.

So each piece of gear will have these stats:
- Willpower
- Endurance
- Power/Crit
- Surge/Alacrity/Accuracy

For balancing purposes, you are trading between crit and power. Surge, alacrity and accuracy also compete. Accuracy is strictly for Assassins. Surge has a very high diminishing returns curve that makes it not worth stacking past about 300. So at that point, the only logical choice is alacrity. More alacrity will absolutely increase your DPS.

Rabelle
01.14.2013 , 01:41 AM | #6
What SoonerJBD said, to the letter.
Héx - Sorcerer The Red Eclipse

SoonerJBD
01.14.2013 , 11:13 AM | #7
Why do you keep repeating this nonsense in thread after thread? You've been told repeatedly that power does not compete with alacrity. People have explained to you in great detail how stats work on end game gear. Whether you stack alacrity or not has absolutely no bearing on how much power you have. What don't you get about this?

Vladnar
01.15.2013 , 12:28 AM | #8
only once your surge and crit are decent capped should you waste your time on alacrity is what im saying, what can't you understand about that?

People make it sound like you have to have loads of alacrity and its really worth having and the stats show you need an awful lot of alacrity before any real benefit is seen so ONLY STACK ALACRITY when there is nothing else to put your stats into and the increase in surge is making it virtually pointless.

The details of all this can be very easily researched.....and as a Jedi i thought you would have done that by now....no wonder you chaps are losing.

im managing to swap mods around so to avoid virtually any alacrity at all whilst stacking power and keeping crit to a sensible level, im really sorry if you're finding this impossible.
The time of the Empire is now truly upon us

SoonerJBD
01.15.2013 , 12:48 AM | #9
only once your surge and crit are decent capped should you waste your time on alacrity is what im saying, what can't you understand about that?

People make it sound like you have to have loads of alacrity and its really worth having and the stats show you need an awful lot of alacrity before any real benefit is seen so ONLY STACK ALACRITY when there is nothing else to put your stats into and the increase in surge is making it virtually pointless.

The details of all this can be very easily researched.....and as a Jedi i thought you would have done that by now....no wonder you chaps are losing.

im managing to swap mods around so to avoid virtually any alacrity at all whilst stacking power and keeping crit to a sensible level, im really sorry if you're finding this impossible.
-facepalm- It is impossible because alacrity does not compete with crit or power. This has been explained to you many times, but I will try once more.

Crit and power are secondary stats. Alacrity is a tertiary stat. Every piece of gear for inquisitors at end game has the following stats attached:
- Endurance
- Willpower (main stat)
- Power OR Crit (secondary stats)
- Accuracy, Alacrity OR Surge (tertiary stats)

You can trade power for crit or crit for power. But you cannot trade power or crit for alacrity. You will NEVER find a piece of gear that has both crit and power. Nor will you find a piece of gear that has alacrity and surge.

Alacrity competes with surge and accuracy. Sorcs don't need accuracy and surge has a severe DR curve at around 300. So once you have 300 surge, there is no reason whatsoever not to stack alacrity. In War Hero gear or in upper tier PvE gear, you will very quickly get to 300 surge. After that, stack alacrity.

OlosBC
01.15.2013 , 01:10 AM | #10

Was gonna type this whole thing out, but Sooner already did, and if I just said about the same thing, you'd just completely miss the point again. So, go ahead, continue to be bad.

All other new sorcs, please do not listen to this guy.

There are 2 (I guess 3) ways to reduce your alacrity:

One: Stack a metric ****ton of surge. This is rather ineffective, as surge becomes less valuable rather drastically after 300 or so (full madness does go up to 360 surge/240 alacrity though). In order to have 2% alacrity, you're sitting on like 500 surge in end game gear, which is not doing you a bit of good.
Two: Use this enhancement : http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/gear/949...enhancement-25 If I have to explain to you why this is bad, please do not post any more.
Three: Leave enhancements out of your gear or use tanking enhancements or get accuracy enhancements. Again, I hope I do not have to explain this.

Now, if you're in tionese or some such, yea I could see trying to get power everywhere. Once you're in rakata/campaign-ish level, you'll want a roughly even split between alacrity and surge.
Olos - 55 Hybrid Powertech
Fonia - 55 Madness Sorceror
<Dark Fury> of Jedi Covenant
Previously Fonia and Daygoru of Tempest server in SWG.