Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Disappointed by the Powertech

Furyofwar
12.23.2011 , 10:18 AM | #21
PVPing as a tank in a MMO is like using Juggernaut perk in call of duty. Makes you a newbie.

AdenNak
12.23.2011 , 12:59 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ArzhAngel View Post
Though I just became Champion of the great hunt as lvl 30, I am still disappointed by the PT, they are to have the coolest stuf the univers can offer, then why can they heal them self ? Whey cant the go into stealth ? And why do they have a pistol not a assault rifle now the are mid range damge / and close damge dealer ?
Last but not less, why dont there JetPack work for personal flight, and how there even be a a bounty hunter in a sw - world and NO bounties on players ?

- Beside this NOW that YOU have the old DAOC team, then why is there not more faction world pvp / and with a meaning for world / control ?
Because tanks that can also heal cause serious balance issues in PvP and make balancing PvE obnoxious. There's a reason no AC has both a tanking and healing tree.

They have pistols instead of assault rifles because they have all sorts of other gadgets to use, and it's easier to do so with a sidearm than with a huge assault rifle. Imaging trying to heft a heavy rifle WHILE operating, say, the touch interface on your phone. Then imagine that the interface causes fire to come out of your hands. Now do it while being shot in the head. So, yeay pistols.

As for the rest, my eyes hurt too much, so that's as far as I read.

Fredcat
12.23.2011 , 02:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by AdenNak View Post
Because tanks that can also heal cause serious balance issues in PvP and make balancing PvE obnoxious. There's a reason no AC has both a tanking and healing tree.

They have pistols instead of assault rifles because they have all sorts of other gadgets to use, and it's easier to do so with a sidearm than with a huge assault rifle. Imaging trying to heft a heavy rifle WHILE operating, say, the touch interface on your phone. Then imagine that the interface causes fire to come out of your hands. Now do it while being shot in the head. So, yeay pistols.

As for the rest, my eyes hurt too much, so that's as far as I read.
Applying real world physics and logic in a fantasy game never makes sense. The real reason is most likely because it's easier to create cool complicated animations for pistols then for rifles.

Durzaka
12.23.2011 , 02:38 PM | #24
really? you had to bump this?

There is already one about mercs that this troll posted.

Dont feed it.
Durzaka Retribution

deadempty
12.23.2011 , 03:21 PM | #25
One word defeats all your complaints, balance. One class cant have all the toys other classes have. That would be overly retarded. Sorry but your rant makes no sense.