Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LG_XxLegacyxX
01.13.2013 , 07:10 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
Yeah no kidding what's even more humorous about this is that they will not allow romancing of companions! SGR is limited to npcs on makeb which makes it sound like Bioware views homosexual relationships as 1 night stands.

First of all you're reading into it too much. Second, SGR requires all the voice actors to come back and re-record lines for those choices a player might make to romance with the same sex.

Another thing is, maybe those voice actors aren't wiling to be 'pretend' gay. Or maybe they are done recording for Bioware. You never know. That's why they are starting fresh with this.

In my opinion, I don't think SGR's should be in Star Wars.
OPA GUNGAN STYLE
Daedra (Karagatzu) [The Harbinger]
<The Last Dark Reapers> & <PURgE> PvP/PvE guild

Vitas
01.13.2013 , 08:03 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by LG_XxLegacyxX View Post
First of all you're reading into it too much. Second, SGR requires all the voice actors to come back and re-record lines for those choices a player might make to romance with the same sex.

Another thing is, maybe those voice actors aren't wiling to be 'pretend' gay. Or maybe they are done recording for Bioware. You never know. That's why they are starting fresh with this.

In my opinion, I don't think SGR's should be in Star Wars.
SGRs have been in Star Wars lore for a while now, before SWTOR was released, so I don't really mind having it explored in any form.

Plus, I can understand that maybe not all companions should be SGR choices. Making every companion romancable by both genders I feel like is just to allow a player to fufill their fan fiction dreams. Even BioWare's previous game Jade Empire had restrictions over which gender could romance who. Just like in real life, we have some individuals who prefer one gender over the over, this would probably be the same with the companion's preferences.
If you'd like to see more Explorable Worlds in Star Wars: The Old Republic,
then head to this thread and discuss, list and vote which you'd like to see and explore in the game:

revansowns
01.13.2013 , 08:25 PM | #523
Please update us on if there will be more INDIVIDUAL class story Bioware!

(PS: I am going to keep bumping this thread with this post until I get an answer)
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 55 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 52 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 52 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 50 Jedi Shadow Ikorath - Level 50 Sith Marauder Araxxo - Level 13 Powertech Tegldef -Level 36 Scoundrel

dcgregorya
01.14.2013 , 03:29 AM | #524
Is anyone else annoyed that Bioware admits that most of last year was focused on getting to "Free-to-play" (IE, more money in their pockets) rather than delivering stuff for paying subscribers? Is Bioware that clueless as to think that all we care about is how well their income is coming along?

Ighten
01.14.2013 , 05:15 AM | #525
Quote: Originally Posted by dcgregorya View Post
Is anyone else annoyed that Bioware admits that most of last year was focused on getting to "Free-to-play" (IE, more money in their pockets) rather than delivering stuff for paying subscribers? Is Bioware that clueless as to think that all we care about is how well their income is coming along?
I suspect there counter argument wouldbe they had to concentrate on getting f2p out there otherwise the sub only game may have totally died.

Avaerra
01.14.2013 , 07:29 PM | #526
"As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of. "

I'm fine paying a subscription for a game so that it can grow and be improved.

I'm not okay paying a subscription so that messages such as these can be incorporated into a game. I've enjoyed the game, but it would feel wrong for me to support this with my subscription money, so I really have no choice but to let the subscription expire this week.

spectreclees
01.14.2013 , 07:32 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
Please update us on if there will be more INDIVIDUAL class story Bioware!

(PS: I am going to keep bumping this thread with this post until I get an answer)
They said there will not be in this expansion. But you can keep bumping all you like. The answer is right in front of you.

RalphYauger
01.14.2013 , 07:46 PM | #528
I sincerely hope Bioware makes SGR an option which must be selected rather than forcing it on all players. Also there are a tremendous number of underage kids that play this game despite the mature rating, yet there are no parental controls. Will the parents of these kids now drop their subs. or maybe even sue Bioware if the SGR content goes too far.

It will be interesting to see how many subs. they loose because of this. They may have just shot themselves in the foot....

rickhatfield
01.14.2013 , 11:57 PM | #529
Well there goes my subscription. I will no longer be paying for this propaganda being exploited on kids after the fact. I want my money back for this stupid expansion. I dont want to support the homosexual agenda with my money or my play time. This is the stupidest move yet and i want no part of it> i will boyv+cott this game from now on and i want the money i paid up front for this bs returned! You stupid ****s have messed up my game>

Zandilar
01.15.2013 , 12:58 AM | #530
@the poster talking about whether or not voice actors would be willing to record SGR dialogue - I know the voice actresses for the female IA and for the female Trooper would be willing. Jo Wyatt did SGR stuff for DA2 (as female Hawke), and Jennifer Hale did SGR stuff for the ME series (as female Commander Shepard). I'm sure if I could be bothered digging further right now, I could find other VAs Bioware has hired for SWTOR who'd be willing to do SGR stuff.

Quote: Originally Posted by RalphYauger View Post
I sincerely hope Bioware makes SGR an option which must be selected rather than forcing it on all players. Also there are a tremendous number of underage kids that play this game despite the mature rating, yet there are no parental controls. Will the parents of these kids now drop their subs. or maybe even sue Bioware if the SGR content goes too far.

It will be interesting to see how many subs. they loose because of this. They may have just shot themselves in the foot....
I hope so too, RalphYauger. I had OGR stuff forced on my IA (whom I consider to be a celibate lesbian at this point) on Voss, and I wasn't happy at all that there wasn't another non-violent way to resolve the issue.

Spoiler

As a general rule, outside of the example I just gave, OGR stuff isn't forced on you at all. The flirts are there, but no NPC or Companion will come on to you unless you first select the flirt option. So you have nothing to be afraid of with SGR as that will likely follow the same rules, probably extra strictly because of the so-called "controversy".

Also, why is violence, torture, and slavery okay for kids, but not SGR? I have never been able to figure that one out. (Why are kids playing this M rated game, anyway? Why don't parents supervise their children when they're on the computer?)
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.