Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Exen_Dar
01.07.2013 , 12:52 AM | #461
SGRomance is a minority issue. No matter how vocal the minority on these forums are.

The fact Bioware are wasting time on that over other more important issues is a major concern, and is certainly raising eyebrows on other gaming websites... especially since Bioware is supposed to be enticing customers in, in order to support itself now with f2p.

DerTaran
01.07.2013 , 01:18 AM | #462
Quote: Originally Posted by Exen_Dar View Post
SGRomance is a minority issue. No matter how vocal the minority on these forums are.

The fact Bioware are wasting time on that over other more important issues is a major concern, and is certainly raising eyebrows on other gaming websites... especially since Bioware is supposed to be enticing customers in, in order to support itself now with f2p.
If you read the Blog carefully, you will discover, that it states, that they are dropping the idea of adding SGR for companions. All they do ist adding a SG flirt option for NPC, which in fact is even less work, because they don't have to consider the gender when designing NPC stories.
B'zycon Legacy @ JAR'KAI SWORD
Turan 55 Commando; Orotan 55 Sentinel; Taark 50 Scoundrel; Orokriste 27 Shadow; Annakami 43 Vanguard
Amitha 51 Sorcerer; Fanalba17 Sniper

Nous voulons le retour de notre CM! Wir wollen unseren CM zurück! We want our CM back!

blubeetle
01.07.2013 , 01:27 AM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by DerTaran View Post
If you read the Blog carefully, you will discover, that it states, that they are dropping the idea of adding SGR for companions. All they do ist adding a SG flirt option for NPC, which in fact is even less work, because they don't have to consider the gender when designing NPC stories.
Such nonsense triviality. Wouldn't they'd better be busy busting ***** fixing REAL MATTERS complaints such as this, and so many others? I don't get their thinking sometimes. It's like they are living on another planet.

Petnil
01.07.2013 , 10:14 AM | #464
Quote: Originally Posted by blubeetle View Post
Just want to state some facts after having been a subscriber for the last two weeks and playing it almost daily, up until now:
[LIST=1][*]Server is VERY UNSTABLE. I play in Asia PvE Server (Dalborra). I can't count how many times the experience of crashing to desktop, lagging and unresponsive controls
This is what i feel overall is hurting swtor the most. Game stability. SGR is a minor thing, not enough to be gamebreaking. GTN search is anoying but not enough to be gamebreaking, the linear story and the singleplayer feel of it is anoying but not enough to be gamebreaking, space on rails is anoying, but it´s a minigame you can skip, not enough to be gamebreaking, NPC often apear in groups of clones, you cant sit on chairs in bars, all sorts of small things that could be better, but in itself not enough to be a dealbreaker.

If the game is unstable that´s a major issue, and for many that´s a dealbreaker. Lagg is a major issue, that would also be a gamebreaker if it´s bad enough. Not sure if the unresponsive control is due to lagg or it´s ability delay, but that´s also a major issue and needs to be fixed.

This state of the game didn´t even mention lagg or game stability. All i see is Comical Jeff saying everything is awesome and the next patch will be awesome and the "expansion" will be even more awesome.

If the statte of the game doesn´t adress even a few of the biggest problems, it´s not realy a state of the game. It´s just PR. Ofc. we all knew that but it´s still disapointing that they dont learn from their mistakes.

PlasmaJohn
01.07.2013 , 11:12 AM | #465
Such nonsense triviality. Wouldn't they'd better be busy busting ***** fixing REAL MATTERS complaints such as this, and so many others? I don't get their thinking sometimes. It's like they are living on another planet.
As has been pointed out and re-pointed out many times in the past, the skill set needed to fix engine issues is a much different one than it takes to write a few lines of dialog. Writers are a lot cheaper than engineers.

Kyemin
01.07.2013 , 11:24 AM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by PlasmaJohn View Post
As has been pointed out and re-pointed out many times in the past, the skill set needed to fix engine issues is a much different one than it takes to write a few lines of dialog. Writers are a lot cheaper than engineers.
Excuse me. Are we talking here about a cheap game here?!
Writters may be a lot cheaper than Engineers but this kind of Star Wars production has a huge budget compared with any other online game, and if those games work without major issues, so does this game have to.
It's an insult to use excuses as "Writters are a lot cheaper than Engineers", we are paying costumers and we deserve respect and attention to our needs.
Want to save money?! Open a bank account, not an MMO.
TRON
Kyemin Jäguar Xräy Rögue Predätor Sävage
BEER INC
Maziac Mäcloud Smöke Rëd

blubeetle
01.07.2013 , 11:31 AM | #467
That is NOT an excuse. They're running a game business, not a novel publishing, so the engine is the main selling point and should be made priority ON TOP of the scripts and/or any other matters. Make sense, no?

Besides, if they are able to waste time thinking about realizing SGR and other frivolities such as seen on the Cartel Shop, they should have been able to make double time fixing the engine. It's their main responsibilities to the customers. Proper, no?

Come on....

Jacen_Starsolo
01.07.2013 , 11:32 AM | #468
Quote: Originally Posted by republicrookie View Post
Wait same gender romance? YES I can finally have my agent marry Kailyo! Finally! It took you this long bioware
Nope. It's only NPCs on Makeb and not companions. So you have to pay to be gay. (it rhymed so couldn't help but to use it )

JarinRamk
01.07.2013 , 11:39 AM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
But are you actively offended by the possibility?
I dont care what others do but if male NPC's start trying to flirt with me then yes. lol

JarinRamk
01.07.2013 , 11:44 AM | #470
That is NOT an excuse. They're running a game business, not a novel publishing, so the engine is the main selling point and should be made priority ON TOP of the scripts and/or any other matters. Make sense, no?

Besides, if they are able to waste time thinking about realizing SGR and other frivolities such as seen on the Cartel Shop, they should have been able to make double time fixing the engine. It's their main responsibilities to the customers. Proper, no?

Come on....
Exactly im not sure about other servers but on Jung Ma companion color unifier is not working.... and their worrying about SGR!!!!!