Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dalevan
01.05.2013 , 08:00 AM | #431
Quote: Originally Posted by Laurreth View Post
I, personally, want to be excluded from your "we".

Seriously, you are talking about yourself, or you're having some delusions of grandeur and deem yourself worthy of pluralis maiestatis. This is a common trend in here, people think they are speaking for some assumed majority, when in all likelihood, they aren't.

You are making many fair points. You want open world PvP, and you have opinions about importance of features; that's all fair, but please don't make it sound like you were talking for most everyone.
To be fair, you must assume that he was talking for the OWPvP community and not everyone. There are a lot of players who are waiting for this, and sad to say many many more from large guilds that are not subbed anymore, but would likely resub with a decent OW PvP game. Obviously feel free remove yourself from the "we", but I don't think he was speaking for you.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

republicrookie
01.05.2013 , 08:07 AM | #432
Wait same gender romance? YES I can finally have my agent marry Kailyo! Finally! It took you this long bioware
Why do I always feel like the Trooper isn't loved. What's not to like about awesome armor (besides the BH armor) and massive assault cannons?

solo-nite
01.05.2013 , 08:51 AM | #433
Hey Bioware I had an two idea's about "Open world PvP" and how to implement it, Ilum and Tatooine (outlaws den) are currently not being used due to no "incentive" to go, you could take a leaf out of Star Trek Online books and have a a kinda of open world pvp hour (a few of these through the day/night).

For example looking at a built in event calendar it would have "Outlaw's Den Battle" at like 12pm-1pm (you could rotate areas with different times like Ilum at 4pm-5pm etc)

Then everyone participating in the "battle" in that area would get a reward based on how much you participated (yes rip off from guild wars 2 I know but it works) and an extra bonus reward for staying the course of the entire battle (so even if you get gold status for enough particpating, staying the whole event would lead to an event reward)

Rewards could be useful PvP gear or massive WZ commendations or even "fluff" stuff (like battle mounts, even animal mounts like Tauntan mount if event is at hoth per say)

This idea would be based on lv50 combat (or new level endgame) as it would give incentive for max levels to return to older planets (you could include all planets in rotations)

Now that was the first idea, the second idea would be instanced based and you could use existing areas (like outlaw's Den).

This could be implemented into the current PvP queue rotations, where you have our existing warzone's which are small number based and then you have large Battlezones where it would be 20v20 on much larger fields (again you could use existing areas on planets' like hoth, ilum, tatooine but they be instance based.

These could be 20 minute battles with greater pvp rewards. These Battlezones could have an opening and closing cutscenes (like you got on a couple of wz's) These battlezones could feel really epic like you are part of a star wars film battle (think battle of hoth etc).

So there are two options there for large open world pvp, I think these would be a great addition to the pvp structure in your game, hopefully you are reading these posts to notice this idea.
The Runestar Legacy

Tel-Quinn - Jedi Guardian

LWSugden
01.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #434
As usual, lots of discussion about what's new to be added to the game, but nothing about what will be fixed. The KNOWN ISSUES list continues to grow with every update as the devs break more code than they fix. I do not feel that SGR should be any kind of priority in a video game that focuses more on PvP than on RP.

"The game is incredibly healthy with an ever increasing number of players who are actively playing (the servers are rocking!)." This is because you eliminated a bunch of servers and crammed players into select servers resulting in HEAVY populations on the servers that remained. Adding the F2P players added even more to the populations, (and then we get those gold-sellers that we all knew would follow). HEAVY server populations result in F2P people needing to wait in queues to get in-game, but it shortened the queues for PvP zones. And now there is only one RP-PvP server left. This speaks volumes about the game's priorities.

When will you guys stop with the nonsense and start FIXING the things you broke?

When will I be able to speak to my companion in the Drunkard's Vote Cantina on Coruscant? Is this really that hard to fix?
When will Kira Carson stop carrying her lightsaber on her chest? When will we stop seeing lightsaber leftovers floating around where a companion once stood? When will you fix the taxis so they will stop flickering in flight? The list goes on and on, and with each update there are VERY few if any fixes.

I'm voting with my wallet. I won't be paying for any expansion until you start fixing things that are on the Known Issues list.
-- Art Bladestone, Commando
The galaxy's only kamikaze pilot with 32 successful missions.

CelCawdro
01.05.2013 , 02:51 PM | #435
It doesn't matter if you truly are speaking for other players or not. It is simply bad practice to do so. Let your arguments stand on their own merit. If they need that "padding," then you need to work on making a more convincing point. Trying to bring more people into it, legitimately or otherwise, is just semantically lazy.

TalkingDinosaur
01.05.2013 , 02:55 PM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyemin View Post
Why shouldn't I make like I am talking for most everyone?! Just becouse you are not one of the "everyone"?!
I don't remember electing you as our spokesperson. I hereby call for impeachment!
TALKINGDINOSAUR
Squadron
11-11-11

RikHar
01.05.2013 , 03:23 PM | #437
Quote: Originally Posted by Trudy View Post
I want to direct them towards Goran Beviin and Medrit Vasur in Karen Traviss' Mandalorian novelsi.

I've no idea who this author is so please, enlighten the masses.

Is this game based solely on this authors novel? I mean, was this person in contact with the games devs during the making of this game? Did this person get credit for the game?

People who write usually include whatever they like being it's their project. If this person is not responsible for the game and if the game was not made on her book, then what's in this novel, has no bearing whatsoever in this game.

The novel may be about the same thing but it was not done in any collaberation with the game.

Xenaul
01.05.2013 , 03:35 PM | #438
I've came back to see how the game changed, and while seeing "rockin'" servers where you can actually complete H4 without bugging cabalmates is nice .... What about DUAL / MULTI spec?

Please say it is in the works somewhere! Classes have WAY WAY too many buttons to push, respeccing than having to rearrange all the buttons again, hoping you didn't forget anything is tedious and whatever is opposite of fun is!

Please work on adding DUAL specs as a priority!

Also question about Digital Expansion: I wasn't it clear, but does it include continuation of CLASS storylines? Or just generic Faction storylines?

irishfino
01.05.2013 , 03:47 PM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
The novel may be about the same thing but it was not done in any collaberation with the game.
No, but it is in the EU which is exactly where TOR is in the greater canon of Star Wars.
I'll probably die if you group with me, but I'll go out with both lightsabers drawn stabbing someone in the face. Probably you, but it's cool. Forever Shenanigans!!

Arglaar
01.05.2013 , 03:49 PM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenaul View Post
Also question about Digital Expansion: I wasn't it clear, but does it include continuation of
CLASS storylines? Or just generic Faction storylines?
Quote: Originally Posted by AllisonBerryman View Post

Hi everyone - I asked Jeff Hickman for some clarification for you on whether Makeb will feature an extension of class stories. Here's the info:

"The intent for Rise of the Hutt Cartel is to continue your character's story, but envisioned as part of the ongoing struggle of the Empire vs. the Republic. There are lots of great moments for you to enjoy, and it will be shared as two clear storylines. No class specific storylines are included, though I know you guys are going to love what RotHC has to offer."
So, Faction storylines only.