Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

-Jay-
01.04.2013 , 08:35 PM | #421
What utter lies.

Every single subscriber on Master Dalanar is completely in dismay. We cannot Pug operations because their is literally NO ONE ONLINE. PVP queues are nearing 1 hour or more!!!! How can we see end game content when their is no one to fill the spots!?!

What a horrible game this has turned into.

Come 1.7 if nothing is done, allot of subscribers will be talking with their wallet.

To put this into perspective we currently have 19 PEOPLE ONLINE in imperial fleet (Saturday afternoon)

Hyde_v
01.04.2013 , 08:58 PM | #422
Now that I can post again...

Thanks for the update. The developers should continue to do this.

I'm not so much eager for the SGR. Fine if you do that. It is just not a priority for me. Bug fixes and class balance are a priority for me. I'd like to see more of this kind of update.

I would also like to see just a bit more CSR training. A few of the GM-droids I've talked to in the game lack that. For example, I once reported that the Republic voice actor was playing on the Imperial Voidstar opening montage. The CSR actually told me "I cannot confim that Satele's voice is playing." Excuse me? They basically told me I was a liar. I did not appreciate that. I was annoyed even further by this when two weeks later, a patch update note said that Satele's voice over would no longer play on the Imperial side of Voidstar. It was a known issue and the CSR dismissed me. That is not good customer service.

Still playing, still having fun, still paying.
"And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too. I know engineers. They love to change things." -Dr. McCoy, ST:TMP

revansowns
01.04.2013 , 10:43 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterGreg View Post
And deleted my last post. This isn't cool Bioware. I thought we were friends. I've given you plenty of my hard earned money, I'm a loyal, paying customer. I've never pirated any of your games because I always respected you and your hard work. I bought the collector's edition of this game and Mass Effect 3 (the latter which I never received, but did I complain? no!) and now you're not even going to let me take part in a discussion like a reasonable adult?
You break my heart Bioware. First Blizzard, now YOU!
Ya I saw your post earlier and now it's not here. I haven't really believed the rumors of them deleting negative feedback until now. My sympathies.
The Darkslayer Legacy
Zhendai - Level 50 Jedi Guardian Valixe - Level 50 Sith Sorcerer Omin'it - Level 50 Sniper Valiantes - Level 50 Commando Thondurr - Level 29 Jedi Shadow Devasion - Level 25 Sith Marauder Jizzar - Level 19 Powertech Tegldef -Level 18 Scoundrel

Arglaar
01.04.2013 , 11:06 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by revansowns View Post
Ya I saw your post earlier and now it's not here. I haven't really believed the rumors of them deleting negative feedback until now. My sympathies.
Honestly, you can post as much negative feedback as you want, as long as it remains on topic of the original post and does not violate the Forum Guidelines lain out in the Rules of Conduct. (Which you can find Here.)

The guidelines you may want to take note of:
Quote:
Discussion of political, sexual, or religious topics is prohibited on the forums.

Do not hijack topics. Posting comments within a thread which severely disrupts the original conversation is prohibited.

Do not post about locked or deleted threads or other moderation actions.

Posts deemed inappropriate to a particular forum will be moved to a more appropriate forum or even removed completely. Posts that have been removed are not to be re-posted.
Back on Topic,
As someone who has been away from the game for a while, and yet still subscribing, I'm happy to see some of these changes finally being brought into the game.

I do understand that not everyone is getting what they wanted, however, there are people who have been waiting for some of this content since before the game was released, and in all fairness, it really is past time for it to be put in.

Praxeum
01.04.2013 , 11:56 PM | #425
I feel that the number one focus ought to be Customer Support.

I have read and experienced nearly non-existent Customer Support. It seems to have gotten worse too. At least in the early days, there would be an acknowledgment that a ticket was submitted (my latest bug report took about eight days even to receive a response). My game crashed after this last horrible patch and I had to go through a few re-installs -- with ZERO help from customer support, even after the four tickets I submitted (I think, I still have yet to receive an email response that I successfully submitted a ticket). And I feel fortunate, as a few indicated they canceled, not even being able to re-install, and never receiving a response from somebody.

I am not complaining, and I look forward to the upcoming changes... but I truly hope there are major improvements in Customer Support... selfishly, at least a priority queue for subscribers (especially after broken patches). But any improvement would be nice; perhaps the game is healthy, but the Customer Support is d.o a.

Oh, and I'd like to see the Guild Capital Ships, customizable ships, and the Sabbac tables that were on the wall...
CE VIP - 7/21/11 1:33 AM
I was there 12/4/11 11:59 PM CST - Boots n' Belts

Trudy
01.05.2013 , 02:16 AM | #426
Wow, I really can't believe the negative reaction people have to SGR in this thread. Every time people complain about how SGR does not belong in Star Wars, I want to direct them towards Goran Beviin and Medrit Vasur in Karen Traviss' Mandalorian novels, or have them play Bioware's KoTOR 1 as Fem!Revan and romance Juhani.

I honestly can't believe people are complaining about the smidgen of SGR (with NPCs -- which I can only imagine will be a few Flirt options) we're going to get because they want massive improvements for their things and THEY WANT IT NOW. (Some) people (including myself) have been waiting for SGR since game open. Take a chill pill; just because it's not on the top of your priority list doesn't mean it isn't on the top of someone else's.

Blitz-wing
01.05.2013 , 06:10 AM | #427
Quote:
the game is incredibly healthy with an ever increasing number of players who are actively playing (the servers are rocking!).
thanks for the insult, jeff.

Apac servers are again forgotten about.

Keep taking money while failing to live up to the promise all your 'protocol droids' are branding about:
Quote:
we would like to assure you that we are doing our utmost to ensure that our players have the best possible game play experience.
shameful

dalevan
01.05.2013 , 07:43 AM | #428
Quote: Originally Posted by ArrA View Post
And still no word on transfers from the barren PACIFIC SERVERS.
You are dead to us now bioware, dead as your servers you left us to rot on......
Yes. Our guild has 2 players that live in Australia. They both have geared lvl 50 toons they want to transfer off the dead oceanic servers. They like the game, but want to play with people. Please be nice and let them move.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

dalevan
01.05.2013 , 07:47 AM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenarka View Post
Bioware I have a solution to make us OWPVPers happy and everyone else happy who do not want to be forced to pvp.

How about you add in a few open world pvp area's like outlaws den. Make them drop Merc comms within this zone. And also add a few daily pvp quest and weeklies. to kill x amount of players within.

The merc comm conversion should be 5 merc comms to 1 normal comms to prevent exploiting

Bam...open world pvp solved
Just this alone would be a massive improvement from nothing at all. I agree.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

Laurreth
01.05.2013 , 07:55 AM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyemin View Post
W
1 - We don't want more Warzones, Flashpoints, Operations, samo samo. We do enjoy what comes from there, but that's not our main concern. Main concern is actually OPEN WORLD PVP.

2 - We don't want an dinamic event on Illum. Actually, we do want it, but it ends too fast. We want Illum back as it was before, with a purpose to go there and make OPEN WORLD PVP.

3 - Test server char transfers. We don't care about it. It's all about your interest there.
I, personally, want to be excluded from your "we".

Seriously, you are talking about yourself, or you're having some delusions of grandeur and deem yourself worthy of pluralis maiestatis. This is a common trend in here, people think they are speaking for some assumed majority, when in all likelihood, they aren't.

You are making many fair points. You want open world PvP, and you have opinions about importance of features; that's all fair, but please don't make it sound like you were talking for most everyone.