Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JediMasterGreg's Avatar


JediMasterGreg
01.04.2013 , 05:25 PM | #411
And deleted my last post. This isn't cool Bioware. I thought we were friends. I've given you plenty of my hard earned money, I'm a loyal, paying customer. I've never pirated any of your games because I always respected you and your hard work. I bought the collector's edition of this game and Mass Effect 3 (the latter which I never received, but did I complain? no!) and now you're not even going to let me take part in a discussion like a reasonable adult?
You break my heart Bioware. First Blizzard, now YOU!

Tamanous's Avatar


Tamanous
01.04.2013 , 05:28 PM | #412
I agree with others about:

- QUALITY OF LIFE FEATURES SHOULD NOT BE ON THE BACKBURNER.

As with the poster above I also would love to revisit existing planets. Totally new planets are not entirely needed at this time. Expand the story especially on the larger worlds we only visited a few times and add high level content to iconic planets like Tatooine. Tatooine is an obvious one and we all know why:

-KRAYT DRAGONS!!!! ... HEYRO BIOWARE?!

And please do not make only one as a world boss or stick the only one in game within an instance. Especially large ones perhaps yes. Kotor is an interesting time period but it still also one many traditional Star Wars players cannot yet relate too. Expanding content for iconic features will draw much more attention to the game.

Another thing this game lacks is the near total lack of really large walkers. It saddens me seeing the same tiny war droids walking around every planet. Stick more real military objectives within the pve worlds with far larger and more powerful targets like walkers and other impressive military equipment.

darklordpotter's Avatar


darklordpotter
01.04.2013 , 05:58 PM | #413
Quote: Originally Posted by Laris_Rai View Post
They've said they're working on it but doing it is harder than people think.
Hood toggle is difficult right up until the point they find a way to put it on the cartel market and charge $20 for it like the "new" Jedi armour.

Eldagore's Avatar


Eldagore
01.04.2013 , 06:23 PM | #414
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterGreg View Post
And deleted my last post. This isn't cool Bioware. I thought we were friends. I've given you plenty of my hard earned money, I'm a loyal, paying customer. I've never pirated any of your games because I always respected you and your hard work. I bought the collector's edition of this game and Mass Effect 3 (the latter which I never received, but did I complain? no!) and now you're not even going to let me take part in a discussion like a reasonable adult?
You break my heart Bioware. First Blizzard, now YOU!
Apparently I am not allowed to participate either, as both of my previous posts were deleted.

At this point, even though I have only been here since october, I am pretty sure i will just play through the class story arcs and unsub and move on.
Dear devs, WoW sucks. The more you copy them, the more you make this game suck.

Pvtcarnage's Avatar


Pvtcarnage
01.04.2013 , 06:30 PM | #415
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterGreg View Post
And deleted my last post. This isn't cool Bioware. I thought we were friends. I've given you plenty of my hard earned money, I'm a loyal, paying customer. I've never pirated any of your games because I always respected you and your hard work. I bought the collector's edition of this game and Mass Effect 3 (the latter which I never received, but did I complain? no!) and now you're not even going to let me take part in a discussion like a reasonable adult?
You break my heart Bioware. First Blizzard, now YOU!
I agree man, I can't even say I disagree with a option nicely without it being removed. and they don't even have the eggs to tell me what it is I exactly said. Meanwhile people who like the "feature" I don't. can bash us as behind the times, evil...you name it.
"Equality is a perversion of the natural order!…It binds the strong to the weak. They [the weak] become anchors that drag the exceptional down to mediocrity. Individuals destined and deserving of greatness have it denied them.
-Darth Bane

funkiestj's Avatar


funkiestj
01.04.2013 , 06:54 PM | #416
The state of the game post was fine but this thread could use more howler monkeys. To help with this problem here is my contribution (youtube link).

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

funkiestj's Avatar


funkiestj
01.04.2013 , 06:58 PM | #417
Quote: Originally Posted by Anvil View Post
Still no playable non-human alien races and no word of them. This is a Star Wars game right?
While I personally prioritize improving PvP WZ above this (e.g. season 1, sensible regular WZ match scheduling), I too am tired of the different colored humans. Cathar are more or less different colored humans.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Estriga's Avatar


Estriga
01.04.2013 , 07:57 PM | #418
Quote: Originally Posted by Serens View Post
And we wanted SGR options for companions, but, whatever.
You have to admit, they'd have to create new companions to fit the SGR thing. I'm sure someone out there is writing Male Jedi Knight x Lord Scourge fics as we speak, but adding that to current companions would feel sort of forced, IMO.

darthmorbous's Avatar


darthmorbous
01.04.2013 , 08:04 PM | #419
Quote: Originally Posted by deecee View Post
I like the fact that you guys are working on a system that encourages organic open world PVP but sad its not this year.
But we have needed something like this since launch, I really think you guys need to reconsider this.

If this system was in place the PVP community wouldn't need new OPS and Warzones every few months because we would all be to busy PVPing our faces off on all the planets that have already been created. Honestly all you would have to do is offer some type of reward for Open World PVP. I personally don't need a reward but there are many players out there that don't do Open World PVP since launch cause there is no incentive to do so.

PS Mr Hickman, we all know about the Ilum live event in Jan, we were told long ago and we have a good memory!

Its still coming in Jan right?
No open world PvP for this year? the practicaly told me not to sub this year. so...open world pvp 2 years after launch? LOL; pathetic
Trevise Jedi Shadow
Karkus Tritonos, Sith Marauder
Hanunaki ; assassin

Aaoogaa's Avatar


Aaoogaa
01.04.2013 , 08:13 PM | #420
Waiting for state of the game 2.1 because this one was outright failure. If this is the focus of the game in the next year I doubt I will be around much longer.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.