Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth-Malice
01.03.2013 , 05:11 PM | #351
Hey Hickman try communicating daily with your community not monthly. I know your masters at EA dont want you too but going months with no infomation or replies on the forums by the developers shows you dont care at all.
||||||||███████████████████████████████)

Estriga
01.03.2013 , 05:20 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by Xenith View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyvid View Post
Honestly I just keep hearing the same buzz words.

Here's BW dev team: Soon, stay tuned, keep an eye out, working on....

Here's SE dev team: http://dl.square-enix.co.jp/ffxi/US/2012roadmap.jpg

See the difference?
Mr. Hickman, you seriously need to look at this and consider it.
In all fairness, SE first owned up to their screw ups with their game, FFXI. I don't think our devs have gotten that far in the healing process. >.>;

Efefia
01.03.2013 , 06:16 PM | #353
"SGR" takes precedence over world pvp in an mmo....... no wonder this went f2p within a year with management decisions like that.

natashina
01.03.2013 , 06:18 PM | #354
Okay, riddle me this:

SGRs get their first official update since March, and it's only for NPCs. It's also the first time a current employee has publicly say a word since then as well.

PvP'ers got an entire patch for 1.6 and I know have gotten a ton of updates since March and the Guild Summit. And he did talk about PvP in this very SotG.

So, how is Jeff mentioning SGRs ignoring PvP again?

Styxx
01.03.2013 , 06:25 PM | #355
Quote:
As for pure Open World PvP…well, that’s a more difficult proposition. We are dedicated to providing excellent PvP experiences to our players, but we intend to focus our energy on PvP Seasons and new Warzones. We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year (outside of what I mentioned above). It is still on our design wall, but is taking a back seat to other forms of PvP.
In other words... if you can`t enforce 8 vs 8 it wont happen... about nowhere... way to go...
Quote: Originally Posted by John Riccitiello View Post
When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging.

Ubiety
01.03.2013 , 06:26 PM | #356
Quote: Originally Posted by seanisawake View Post
I don't want anything in 1.7 but bug fixes.... PLEASE
הַלְּלוּיָהּ
Or in English, Hallelujah!

natashina
01.03.2013 , 06:27 PM | #357
Quote: Originally Posted by Ubiety View Post
הַלְּלוּיָהּ
Or in English, Hallelujah!
Oh and I agree with this too. Please just do a giant bug fix patch before you add in anything else and that includes everything you talked about in the SotG, Jeff. No point in any new content if it's too bugged to play or, in the case of my APAC friends, not enough people around.

Projawa
01.03.2013 , 06:29 PM | #358
Mr Hickman: thanks for the update but next time try to cut out buzzwords, superlatives, and general PR speak.

Devinia-Hex
01.03.2013 , 06:46 PM | #359
Quote: Originally Posted by Twolightsabers View Post
Roflmfao, are you seriously complaining that sorcs are UNDERPOWERED? For real? You have the most cc of any class, the most ***-savers on the lowest cds, oh and bubble spec (the most op thing in pvp now). Hiding behind a wall of melee spamming lightning and then running is hard I hear... Seriously not trying to insult or troll you, but if you think sorcs need a buff of any kind you're delusional.

Now faceroll jugg/guardian smash spec and pyrotech pwrtcs need balancing, that I'll agree with.
Am I serious? What class do you play?
Sorc's have no burst at all you would know that if you played one, we have to spec into our cc such as a root to a frontal cone knockback. Snipers get this baseline no talent required. We have to spec into instant whirlwind that effects 1 target snipers have flashbang it affects 5 targets.

Smash is OP as hell they get a stacking buff that increases their damage 25% per stack x4 a base 2 point talent that reduces the cooldown by 3 seconds and increases it's damage by 20%. Smash specs also have auto crit through two abilities and an instant buff that will give them 4 stacks of their 25% buff on their next smash.
Sorcs have none of this I could write a page on what other classes have that we don't but I would want to bore the non sorcs who don't care.

Our damage has been pathetic as well as our utility since 1.2. Bubble stun is already going to be nerfed our stun was nerfed to 10 meters from 30, if you played one you would know it's bubbles recast time has 17 second GCD before it can be cast on the same target again. It absorbs about 3.5 to 4k which can be taken in one hit then what? A decent Jugg/Guardian can burn down a bubble stun sorc before they cast their third bubble a good one in 1 bubble. Look at all the useless talents a healer has to take in the lightning tree just to get that ability and how much it gimps their healing . You have no idea what your talking about

Quote: Originally Posted by VLAHD View Post
I think this may be the funniest thing i have ever read on the boards...Thankyou for the laugh.
I'm glad you obviously don't play one and likely play a class that has DPS like a Vanguard.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion

Evgen
01.03.2013 , 07:07 PM | #360
No word on APAC server population issues? Hottest thread on the forums and you just ignore the issue again?
Where did you guys go to business school anyway? You promised communication, how about delivering on that.
Fixing annoying bugs that have been in the game since beta would be nice too.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy