Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sebasbabou
01.03.2013 , 09:51 AM | #311
I just want that this game must stop freezing and that I have to restart the game, it just so annoying right now since is an elder game.

if it just doing this again, I will stop playing it for some years after. *doing "deal with it" face*

Zenarka
01.03.2013 , 09:57 AM | #312
Bioware I have a solution to make us OWPVPers happy and everyone else happy who do not want to be forced to pvp.

How about you add in a few open world pvp area's like outlaws den. Make them drop Merc comms within this zone. And also add a few daily pvp quest and weeklies. to kill x amount of players within.

The merc comm conversion should be 5 merc comms to 1 normal comms to prevent exploiting

Bam...open world pvp solved

AlienEyeTX
01.03.2013 , 10:06 AM | #313
Personally, I am very happy to see that we will finally be able to copy to PTS. I'm happy to help test, but didn't want to start a new toon. Now, maybe, I can copy an end-game and a mid-level toon and be able to do meaningful testing.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

markcymru
01.03.2013 , 10:06 AM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
Personally, I am very happy to see that we will finally be able to copy to PTS. I'm happy to help test, but didn't want to start a new toon. Now, maybe, I can copy an end-game and a mid-level toon and be able to do meaningful testing.
Yes ! ! !
“Men are afraid that women will laugh at them. Women are afraid that men will kill them.” — Margaret Atwood

Laurreth
01.03.2013 , 10:24 AM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Zenarka View Post
How about you add in a few open world pvp area's like outlaws den. Make them drop Merc comms within this zone. And also add a few daily pvp quest and weeklies. to kill x amount of players within.

…

Bam...open world pvp solved
That would only work under some very narrow conditions, most of all equal numbers. As I've written before, at least some servers have issues with that, having e.g. Imperials outnumber Reps about 2:1. That would require instancing, admission control, or other "unnatural" restrictions on those zones, giving the whole thing a rather stale aftertaste.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to see working open world PvP in this game, it's just that I don't see it happening with the current overall balance. In hindsight, the games that got it right (so pretty much only DAoC for end-game PvP) probably just got lucky. It's tricky, and the entire game needs to be designed to that end to make it work.

During the Rakghoul event, Tatooine saw some surprisingly fun random PvP, but I doubt that'd have survived in the long run, or if there'd been actual gains from it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Insidion View Post
Wookies are humanoids, not animals.
Ask any Trandoshan.

Rogoo
01.03.2013 , 10:47 AM | #316
State of the game ?

More like YET ANOTHER LOAD of completely useless, PR spinned, non-answers.
You are not your rig specs. You are not your K/D ratio. You are not your character level. You are not your sig.
Gunslinger / Shadow / Sentinel / Powertech
The Hero engine: a 2005 technology bringing 2013 rigs to their knees.

CommunitySupport
01.03.2013 , 10:52 AM | #317

As a reminder, discussion of political and social issues is NOT permitted on the forums. Additionally, wishing harm on others based on their sexuality, race, gender, or any such basis is considered extremely inappropriate and will result in suspensions.

MadBernieSkills
01.03.2013 , 12:20 PM | #318
Sigh, so paid transfers are not going to come out until later this year? If it is delayed that is more than a year. I can't think of one good reason why it would take that long. The code is there. It should be already implemented. I understand that they wanted to wait for F2P to settle down. That is done. Please do not delay this any longer. Not only are you losing money from the transfers, but you are potentially losing subs.
If we really have to wait until "later this year", please tell us why.

Galbatorrix
01.03.2013 , 12:26 PM | #319
Since they're doing story related updates, I would really appreciate a comment on the state of a class story line expansion. I mean, how do you promote alting so much with individual class story lines and legacy and then leave those same people out in the cold come expansion time?

I realize they want to make it more about the bigger conflict now, but how awesome would it have been if Mekeb would have had multiple antagonists all trying to accomplish the same end goal, but you get to face off with a different one depending on your class? Heck, half a dozen class quest lines involving said antagonist would have probably sufficed. Even better, they could have done a two-parter. 1st part is the individual antagonist and the second part is a "main" antagonist that is shared by all. That way, the new FPs and Ops could be centered around everyone trying to take down a common foe. But the first part would have made the content worth replaying on each and every class.

I'm just worried that that part of the game is done. Which is honestly the best part (for me). If we could at least get a "More class stories are in production" line, I'd be happy for now.

Jacen_Starsolo
01.03.2013 , 12:26 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by MadBernieSkills View Post
Sigh, so paid transfers are not going to come out until later this year? If it is delayed that is more than a year. I can't think of one good reason why it would take that long. The code is there. It should be already implemented. I understand that they wanted to wait for F2P to settle down. That is done. Please do not delay this any longer. Not only are you losing money from the transfers, but you are potentially losing subs.
If we really have to wait until "later this year", please tell us why.
Because they felt other things had a higher priority.