Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JadenVaska
01.02.2013 , 01:04 PM | #21
Any plans for character/legacy transfers? I feel like that is a market standard service, more than free to play.
The world was not created with instructions. Neither should an MMO be created with instructions. Create the world, and let players learn to coexist by themselves or hopefully in a group.

Alec_Fortescue
01.02.2013 , 01:07 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrthlessnoob View Post
Interesting...but come on people, what's more important? Fixing bugs and adding new and exciting content or having the option of SGR. This should not be a high priority at all, hell I would even rather have them focus on "chat bubbles" and "hood toggle" both of which would not affect me much, but would be better for the game itself.

I understand this is something that was "promised" but why do we even need it in this game? Go play Mass effect if you want that, I don't think it belongs in Star Wars.
I wanted to make a similar commentary. I do hope for a hood toggle update soon. That one would affect me a lot :>
*Best Dressed Jedi of 2014* http://mmo-fashion.com/tor-fashion-contest-results/

Almost 3 years old and there are still no iconic / classic / traditional / prequel-style (pick any!) Jedi robes in the game! How come?

Also how about letting players wear the robes that are already in the game but not accessible to them?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=720547 - Cool compilation of Jedi outfits worn by NPCs.

Don't let your artists' work go to waste, Bioware

seanisawake
01.02.2013 , 01:07 PM | #23
I don't want anything in 1.7 but bug fixes.... PLEASE
Jedi Sentinel -
Been a long year but the best is yet to come.

Erethrian
01.02.2013 , 01:09 PM | #24
All I've read now is:

State of the Game #2

Quote:
We keep making promises and saying we'll make those promises a reality, but you still have to wait. Also, all we promised in the Guild Summit... Erhmm... Erhmm... Thank you guys and wait for the next "State of the game" update! We listen to our community!
*cough* ... *cough*

Just give us what you promised... *sigh*

gabarooni
01.02.2013 , 01:10 PM | #25
Yeah a bunch of crap that you can only do in a group. Cause relying on other people so you can have anything to do with your toon is so much fun. Thats really gonna keep your 50's from getting stale.

Ok go ahead with all your "Why play an MMO if you don't want to be in a group" comments.
New Gear is the ONLY type of character progression at endgame. Raiders are not the only ones who want to continue to progress their toons throughout an expansion. Im a bad bad speller.

-Mythix-
01.02.2013 , 01:10 PM | #26
I believe SGR will indeed make SWTOR much more pleasing to those looking to try it out, as that is one of the first things I wonder about when playing an MMO.

Simbr
01.02.2013 , 01:11 PM | #27
A good blog, thanks for the info. No mention of the hood toggle though, it is in the works or just not possible?

SNCommand
01.02.2013 , 01:11 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by gabarooni View Post
Yeah a bunch of crap that you can only do in a group. Cause relying on other people so you can have anything to do with your toon is so much fun. Thats really gonna keep your 50's from getting stale.

Ok go ahead with all your "Why play an MMO if you don't want to be in a group" comments.
I'm fairly sure Makeb is also going to be for soloists
Quote: Originally Posted by Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw
Personally I would slap Georges hands away from the editing desk, give him a colouring book and then remake the entire prequel trilogy so that Darth Vader uses the force to win breakdance competitions and chokes to death anyone who utters the word midichlorians.

pooks
01.02.2013 , 01:13 PM | #29
I have an open ticket over a month old - how about giving your CSRs training or adding more to help players.

Guildee got a response from a CSR about the HK part not dropping that they were only helping players with class-related issues - he is a subscriber and deserves better (btw you need to re-write the HK part description to say you get it in Hard mode). They would not give him the HK part and closed his ticket.

Lots of bugs in this game - how about a bug thread and a focus by dev team to do a bug fix....
http://www.projectswg.com - Live Dec 15th 2012 !

dalevan
01.02.2013 , 01:14 PM | #30
I think shelving World PvP is a mistake. A solid Open World PvP system would satisfy a large player base. This unites guilds, communities and factions more than anything in MMOs. Hopefully Ilum will satisfy for a while until you can get your &%&! together. Lots of players have been patiently waiting for this already and I doubt many will wait much longer.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN