Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

funkiestj
01.02.2013 , 02:22 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
Kinda sad when SGR gets a bigger commitment than PvP does from the Executive Producer...lets us know where we stand in their eyes.
Meh, the PvP folks (I'm one of them) have gotten
  1. RWZ preseason
  2. Novare Coast
  3. Hypergates

While the SGRA folks were promised SGRA and haven't gotten squat. Myself, I'm not interested in SGRA but there are folks who are. EA/BW's decision to implement some content for the SGRA folks is based on a business case (as are all new features and content). I'm fine with that. Not every change has to be for my personal benefit.

As for PvP, I dearly hope that the new stuff planned is not YAW™ (Yet Another Warzone). We need new features (8-man challenge matches) and old bugs fixed (e.g. reconnect disconnected players in RWZ) far more than we need YAW™.

Improved match scheduling so we get more competitive matches and fewer one sided matches is less visible than a new WZ or Season 1 but would greatly improve the WZ experience of n00bs. More n00bs enjoying WZ means a more robust WZ community in the long run.

SPECULATION: Given that character copy has been mentioned, I'm guessing that BW will finally implement a cross server PvP Season 1 playoff by copying finalist teams from each server to a playoff server. Let us hope they do something to move rated WZ forward!

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

dalevan
01.02.2013 , 02:22 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by deecee View Post
The engine is in much better shape compared to how it was back at launch. We have had some large PVP battles on our server and there were no framerate drop issues at all.

Seems some people can't get old ideas out of their head no matter how many improvements are made.

Just go out and try it, then you will see.
It IS much better. It would just be nice to at least have a system in place that gives you reason to World PvP beyond just the fun so more people would do it. Bring daily weekly kill quests that reward you with comms that you can use to buy Warzone comms to get gear or shinies. It can't be that hard.

Plus, if they really have trouble with lag/area stability, make the world PvP area its own server, with shards for overloading, that you can port to if you want to World PvP. A large Warzone in a sense that times out after an hour or 30 mins, or when the battle is won. I know this is possible.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

deecee
01.02.2013 , 02:25 PM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by -Mythix- View Post
That's nice so have I, still has NO bearing on the hero engine being able to handle Open World PvP like Ilum months ago.

The result would be the same, which is why EA hasn't tried to bring it back.
Funny cause its coming back this month

PVP live event in ilum this month, guess we will find out how well the engine handles it very soon!

Jedi_Slayer
01.02.2013 , 02:25 PM | #104
Quote:
introducing new incentives to revisit existing areas
I find this one interesting, I think it could be pretty cool to have a reason to go to each of the other planets rather than skipping from Fleet - Black Hole - Section X - Fleet - Black Hole - Section X -Fleet - Black Hole - Section X - Fleet - Black Hole - Section X - ....

DarthMij
01.02.2013 , 02:26 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Teldrax View Post
I still want to know if there is any progress (or work at all) on neutral characters. Granted, there can't be a neutral 5 or anything like that, but some kind of reward for staying neutral, as promised from the beginning would be nice.
Oh man I completely agree with you there, it is very frustrating.

dalevan
01.02.2013 , 02:30 PM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by deecee View Post
Funny thing is, I know hundreds of players that are playing GW2 only for the WvW. They prefer TOR combat but play GW2 because TOR has nothing to offer when it comes to Open World PVP.
This. People are even playing LOTRO for the Open World PvP over TOR. There are guilds with hundreds of players that left because of the Open World fail, but I know many would love to come back if there was some kind of Open World game.
Dalevan - Commando Sibella - Vanguard Avicus - Sage
BKSN

Izorii
01.02.2013 , 02:32 PM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by EternalSoul View Post
No mention of Cathar? and how long have the team been talking about them... They should of been out by now. Now I have a feeling when they are finally release they are going to have the uglest looks to them.

Update: Can we please get Cathar release ETA and put the ability to pay for a race change on the cartel marketplace.
Didn't we originally get told Cathar would be out before the end of 2012. The fact we got told this in like May gave me hope we would have a load of new species by end of 2012 so far we dont even have Cathar and they were not even mentioned in the future of game blog.

deecee
01.02.2013 , 02:32 PM | #108
I would like to see development blow up the fleet and put PVP quest terminals / gear vendors and PVE quest terminals / gear vendors on every planet to encourage the use of the leveling planets.

Many of the old planets are giant and could even be expanded with new content.

I would like to see a Krayt Dragon world boss on tatooine!

Sebah
01.02.2013 , 02:33 PM | #109
pfff SGR exactly what we were missing. Damn i couldn't play the game because of the lack of that. How about you give us something to do besides daily quest, how about some pazzak, or swoop racing. How about some of those minigames? SGR... many won't even get to enjoy that part of the content because it disgusts them or because they already have a romance. I mean c'mon was that the top target? Was that the absolute most important single thing that this game needed? How about minigames, how about chat bubbles, how about usable chairs, how about MORE PERSONAL STORY that everyone gets to enjoy not just a selected few, how about making crafting worth having again?
Sebah - Jedi Knight Guardian

Desri
01.02.2013 , 02:36 PM | #110
I do have a suggestion- could you please take away the dark points for romancing Doc on the Jedi Knight female? It seems male knights can romance Kira with no problems. But for some reason females can't. I wish I could've romanced him. Although he is a little strange. hahaha

Also, playing on Ilum (dailies) on the republic side seems to create some serious lag where my character literally stops moving and then swooshes....

Oh and more pets! All my characters created after the transfer only have 1 pet they make the game more fun.

Thanks for your consideration : )