Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ultimate PVP balance thread

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Ultimate PVP balance thread

Zarrot
01.02.2013 , 12:49 PM | #11
The biggest problem with PvP Balance is that Bioware doesn't have defined roles in PvP for each class which makes balance difficult. They don't really have a big picture vision that I can see. Each class needs to have a niche they excel at. Since release they have been making changes that knock one class down and just elevate another. The list is long; Concealment, Mercs, Sorcs, PT's. The last batch of changes were the worst. It's obviously not working. My hope is that with the expansion and the tree changes they revise all the classes simultaneously. Burst DPS, Sustained DPS, Survivability, AOE DPs, Single Target, Crowd Control... Make each class have distinct advantages and disadvantages rather than trying to make the all generically equal.

JackNader
01.02.2013 , 09:56 PM | #12
^^ Pretty much.

NoTomorrow
01.03.2013 , 12:22 AM | #13
They should take example from snipers in terms of balance:
  • Clear role
  • Clear advantages
  • Clear weaknesses
  • Serious reliance on team to be good.
  • All 3 specs have a specific role, all 3 are useful yet neither overlaps with each other.
  • Good incetives to go 31 pts into tree, no retarded hybrid builds.
  • Fun class to play as and to play against.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Shilenne
01.03.2013 , 12:26 AM | #14
Why not just have a vote for marauders.

They can keep their high dps and have less defensive cooldowns, or they can lose their high dps and keep their defensive cooldowns.

I see no reason for them to have both. It's actually harder to kill a marauder than a dps juggernaut, which is hilarious seeing how the juggernaut should be the "TANKY dps" class.

DarthRaika
01.03.2013 , 12:37 AM | #15
I like your concealment idea about re-entering stealth.

IMO it should be based on kb and it could go a couple ways.

1. Make it so that upon a kb you get a 30-50% chance to gain a buff that allows you to use another battle stealth that has no cd but requires said buff. Buff could last maybe 5 seconds or so.

or

2. Make it so that upon a kb you have a 30-50% chance to exit combat.

Johnny_Blazexxx
01.03.2013 , 02:12 AM | #16
Make Cleanse ability to remove all DEBUFFS and remove CD from it.

-OR-

Add every 'cleansing' class an ability that removes buffs on foes.

The latter would be more painful for most people, so I'd stick to the first one.

TonyDragonflame
01.03.2013 , 04:34 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post

Assassin - General

-Lower the cooldown of stealth from 5 seconds to 1 second.
Assasins:
* Resilense cost -50% health
* Force speed CD 1 min, break stealth
* Damage overall -30% in tank tree

Snipers
* Immunity to cc 5 sec, CD 1 min, cost -50% health
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

NoTomorrow
01.03.2013 , 05:15 AM | #18
TonyDragonflame
  • Ability to post on forum about PvP balance: -100%
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Labradoraki
01.03.2013 , 05:20 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
TonyDragonflame
  • Ability to post on forum about PvP balance: -100%
+1

10char

Wainamoinen
01.03.2013 , 06:03 AM | #20
Rage Jugg/Focus Guardian
Remove auto-crit due to leap talent from Smash/Force Sweep.

Sorc/Sage
Make stun on bubblepop self-only (can still bubble team of course); make it give the resolve of every other stun.

Is all I ask.

A little buff to scrapper/concealment would be nice, and the mercs/commados need some loving care too. But that would be nice. Alright, maybe make Resilience/Force Shroud a 2min cd.

This is all of pointless of course, given that everything's going to be up in the air with extra talent points and redesigned trees in the next patch anyway.
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)