Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Unable to purchase..anything. General Error.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Unable to purchase..anything. General Error.

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jimminez
01.02.2013 , 11:07 AM | #11
same here i cud buy preeordre and coins yester day to day i cant do anything

RobHampshire
01.02.2013 , 11:08 AM | #12
I got the same when trying to up my coin balance

Senatsu
01.02.2013 , 11:27 AM | #13
I was able to purchase things up to around 15:00 +1GMT yesterday, but past that I only got error messages. Kinda strange, this error happening to so many people and all we get is a "wait 24 hours and try again". Do they even give a ****?
This is absolutely embarrassing, not just for the developers, EA, and BioWare, but also for us gamers that actually like the game, who wants to promote it for other people, yet they can't get simple **** like this working. I also sent in a ticket in-game yesterday, but since the game managed to fry my graphics card and harddrive when I typed /exit yesterday, I'm unable to see if I got any response. Why I'm still holding on hope for BioWare and EA to get their heads of out their big, overpayed asses is beyond me.

JoniKeskinen
01.02.2013 , 11:54 AM | #14
I managed to get pass the general error the Store gave me, so here's what I did:

Note, I only did this with a Paypal account and not sure if it works for credit cards aswel.

1. Go to your account
2. Then go to Subscription
3. Click "Show your payment history".
4. Delete the saved Paypal account by clicking the cross. And then obviously click "Yes - Delete Saved Account".
5. Now go back to the Store
6. Click the item you wish to purchase

With me at least it did not skip two steps and give the error, but let me chose the payment method manually.
Had no problem paying my Cartel Coins and the Pre-Order expansion after this.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

I am not an tech expert, but it would seem to be an issue with the webpage, thus not an issue with Paypal or any banks.

Garath
01.02.2013 , 01:04 PM | #15
I was getting the same error yesterday. Earlier this morning though I went to the "Store" and was able to purchase the expansion with no problems. Seems like the errors have been fixed.

DarkkChaos
01.02.2013 , 01:12 PM | #16
Try now...

I was unable to purchase expansion this morning - store page seems to be working now. Worked for me now....try it again.
CTD...every 120 mins...since : 9/26/2012

Criseas
01.02.2013 , 01:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by JoniKeskinen View Post
I managed to get pass the general error the Store gave me, so here's what I did:

Note, I only did this with a Paypal account and not sure if it works for credit cards aswel.

1. Go to your account
2. Then go to Subscription
3. Click "Show your payment history".
4. Delete the saved Paypal account by clicking the cross. And then obviously click "Yes - Delete Saved Account".
5. Now go back to the Store
6. Click the item you wish to purchase

With me at least it did not skip two steps and give the error, but let me chose the payment method manually.
Had no problem paying my Cartel Coins and the Pre-Order expansion after this.

Hope this helps some of you guys!

I am not an tech expert, but it would seem to be an issue with the webpage, thus not an issue with Paypal or any banks.
I can confirm this is also works if you pay using your Credit or Debit Card.
Criseas

I'm standing next to a mountain, gonna chop it down with the edge of my hand.

Theeko
01.02.2013 , 01:36 PM | #18
Tried doing that still getting my error with all 3 different cards still, nothing on hold.

Gleonardo
01.02.2013 , 04:25 PM | #19
I've had this problem since Dec 28, but I seen people with this issue since Nov. I called CS around 1:30pm my time and was told to call back when account and billing is open. When I asked what hours they are open the rep told me to call back in 12 hours

Movodor
01.02.2013 , 04:44 PM | #20
I was able to buy the cartel coins I've been trying to for days now. It seems they've fixed it-not that I've seen a statement on what was wrong.