Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

One simple question..

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
One simple question..

Jadescythe
01.02.2013 , 12:43 PM | #11
30% crit is low if you're fully buffed, so you haven't hit DR on crit from WP yet. Stack WP and if your crit gets too high, min/max some of your crit mods for power that way. You'll get more out of it.
I have opinions and stuff

Jepplen
01.02.2013 , 10:12 PM | #12
Thanks for the replies all, some more useful than others

Actually my force crit is 26.5% fully buffed, i still have to augment 5 pieces so i guess i'll be looking at the resolve augment for that, that should give me an additional 90 willpower which should raise the buffed crit to about 28% if i'm lucky.

2500 Willpower?! Is that even possible in pvp??
I have 1800 right now and have min/maxed most of them for the WH (except the augs).
Ok i'm not using a rich man's mods and armorings But they are definitely decent enough.

I have kept my Expertise fairly high though, it's at 1208, am i making a mistake by keeping it there?

Jadescythe
01.03.2013 , 12:17 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jepplen View Post
Thanks for the replies all, some more useful than others

Actually my force crit is 26.5% fully buffed, i still have to augment 5 pieces so i guess i'll be looking at the resolve augment for that, that should give me an additional 90 willpower which should raise the buffed crit to about 28% if i'm lucky.

2500 Willpower?! Is that even possible in pvp??
I have 1800 right now and have min/maxed most of them for the WH (except the augs).
Ok i'm not using a rich man's mods and armorings But they are definitely decent enough.

I have kept my Expertise fairly high though, it's at 1208, am i making a mistake by keeping it there?
Fully buffed, with resolve stim in mostly 63 PVE gear I'm close to 2400 WP, but that wouldn't be ideal in PVP. I'd say cap out a little over 1200 expertise, put in power crystals in main and off hands, and resolve 27 armorings with PVP mods in a custom belt and bracer. But try out some different builds and see what you like.
I have opinions and stuff

Jepplen
01.03.2013 , 07:21 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Fully buffed, with resolve stim in mostly 63 PVE gear I'm close to 2400 WP, but that wouldn't be ideal in PVP. I'd say cap out a little over 1200 expertise, put in power crystals in main and off hands, and resolve 27 armorings with PVP mods in a custom belt and bracer. But try out some different builds and see what you like.
The crystals are already in 27 armorings looks nice though!

Jepplen
01.03.2013 , 07:23 AM | #15
As it stands, maybe i'm better off adding 2x Crit augments and then go for power as my crit is really low and to raise crit anywhere else would still replace willpower so i might as well do it in the Augs right away.

Kalfear
01.03.2013 , 08:14 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Jepplen View Post
Sage Healer

My crit is at 30%
My surge is at 75%

Should i go for Willpower or Power in my augments?
now were talking .01+ differences at time but

Willpower for healers
Power for DPS

is how buddy of mine whose into the uber min max thing figured it out

Keep in mind to that Willpower will up your natural crit rate so you may be able to drop some crit scores for power boosts if you stack enough will power

For my Sage healer
with buffs (all 4 class buffs and a Exotech willpower stim) my Willpower is 2011 (or there about, 2000 was my target goal)
the rest I put into power after making sure my force crit (crit + willpower+ buffs/passive ability) is 35% and my force crit multiplier (surge) is 75%

So recap

Willpower - 2000+
Crit chance - 35%
Crit Multiplyer - 75%
power - the rest

As for PVP, what I was told is get 1100-1200 expertise and then stack power via non PVP (no expertise) mods/enhancements/armor
Housing brought me back
now add Paazaak, KotOR#1 swoop bike racing, and more flashpoints and planets

Jepplen
01.03.2013 , 06:41 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
now were talking .01+ differences at time but

Willpower for healers
Power for DPS

is how buddy of mine whose into the uber min max thing figured it out

Keep in mind to that Willpower will up your natural crit rate so you may be able to drop some crit scores for power boosts if you stack enough will power

For my Sage healer
with buffs (all 4 class buffs and a Exotech willpower stim) my Willpower is 2011 (or there about, 2000 was my target goal)
the rest I put into power after making sure my force crit (crit + willpower+ buffs/passive ability) is 35% and my force crit multiplier (surge) is 75%

So recap

Willpower - 2000+
Crit chance - 35%
Crit Multiplyer - 75%
power - the rest

As for PVP, what I was told is get 1100-1200 expertise and then stack power via non PVP (no expertise) mods/enhancements/armor
Thanks! There are some really helpful things in there
With my ingame economy i think i'll end up with
1875-1900 will power
Crit 30-33%
Crit multi 75%

Doing dailys atm to scrap up some credits

Jepplen
01.03.2013 , 08:01 PM | #18
Ok i've looked at the actual numbers..
Recap..

I have 5 pieces left to Augment and what i already have are:
4x Power
5x Willpower

So i can now choose my last augments... here are the numbers:
(Augments have +18 in main stat so 5 x 18 = 90)

Buffed:
WIllpower = 1798
Power = 946
Force Power 1205
Crit chance = 26,5 %

+90 Willpower = 83,8 heal points plus an additional 0,576 % Crit chance.
+90 Power = 85,6 heal points.
+90 Crit rating = 3,924 % Crit chance.

So i'm thinking if i should boost my healing with such small amount or go for the almost 4 % Crit boost so i'll land around 30,5 % Crit.
Until i can get my hands on some more expensive mods and armorings i think crit will be my better choice at this time.

The numbers are based on the Character screen under "Force".
I hope the heal point numbers are wrong, because they look quite small.