Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How about making HK-51 parts easier to find now?

HiltoftheDragon
01.01.2013 , 04:15 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ItchyThePenguin View Post
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually enjoyed scanning for the components. . .
Your not alone, i also enjoyed the treasure hunt and it not being easy. We need more quest like these in this game.
The Solari Legacy
"Death is an old friend of mine"
Grievance @ The Shadowlands
Creedess 60 * Serinety 60 * Noliana 60 * Adea 60 * Revenup 60

Aelther
01.01.2013 , 04:18 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by HiltoftheDragon View Post
Your not alone, i also enjoyed the treasure hunt and it not being easy. We need more quest like these in this game.
Yeah it was refreshing after seeing so many kill x things / kill x things and bring their guts quests.

marck
01.01.2013 , 04:57 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Aelther View Post
How about leave it as it is.
This.

HK-51 is not hard to get.

jedi_newb
01.02.2013 , 06:39 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by weapon_x View Post
I've already been on Taris for over an hour using this stupid scanner. Is the part even here anymore? The way this game is developed, I have a distinct lack of faith in the developers, so for all I know, they broke the quest somehow. The excavator needs to have some kind of an arrow to point in the general direction now.

Most of the people that want HK already have it, so you don't have all the people pinging away for it anymore, leaving you basically to yourself to find it. NOT. FUN. I've already googled it and the part is not in any of the usual spots.
Why should you have any easier a time finding the piece than the rest of us who went around finding it as well? Group up and go look just like everyone else

BobaScott
01.02.2013 , 07:34 PM | #15
Spent 45 min on Taris by myself the other night - it was really late, no one else was looking. Used dulfy's guide and another two guides I found, methodically searching. Eventually, one by one, three other people randomly show so we are all looking. Scanned all around the spire and never found it after another hour. Perhaps we all managed to miss the very few pixels we needed, but I am convinced something was wrong.

LordExozone
01.02.2013 , 07:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by itchythepenguin View Post
Quote: Originally Posted by exozone
it's not a matter of being too easy or too hard, it's a matter of being boring and uninteresting. The quest objective could just as well have been "press you x button 40 million times to receive the parts" which would have been equally uninteresting.

It's a shame, because the quest line started off so promising with the theoretika wreckage which was superb.
maybe i'm alone in this, but i actually enjoyed scanning for the components. . .
Seems like my (quoted) post was deleted for some reason Very weird, as I wrote nothing that would've warranted removal.
Kote! Kandosii sa kar'ta, Vode an.
Mandalore a'den mhi, Vode an. Bal kote, darasuum kote,
Jorso'ran kando a tome. Sa kyr'am nau tracyn kad, Vode an.

supafreak
01.02.2013 , 07:54 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by ItchyThePenguin View Post
Maybe I'm alone in this, but I actually enjoyed scanning for the components. . .
took me back to surveying in SWG which wasnt bad
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised

psikofunkster
01.02.2013 , 08:24 PM | #18
That bot is useless anyway lol.

TheIronMonkey
02.19.2013 , 07:55 PM | #19
I think the conditions have changed a bit.

When HK started there were lots of people searching, so it was easy to show up and with a group of searchers find it quick. Now, in most cases, you find yourself alone and it is quite a big area (DK and Hoth mostly). After a while it does get pretty boring.

I don't trust the green circle, I think it does not measure the 25 meters right. Would like to know if some people have found it accurate.

Even using a pattern, it can take quite a while or a few seconds. Possible changes :

- make search cycle quicker
- have the scanner give you a direction to search towards, lets say NW of you)
- have a few (2, 3) locations spawn at the same time so that you have a better chance to find it.

In all, I always found it crude that there are no hints to decipher for this. Is like go look everywhere. To me scavenger hunts should be about deciphering clues to locate something.

(forgot to mention I have done the whole thing 6 times already)...
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

nninjacoupe
02.19.2013 , 09:37 PM | #20
The quest is just fine. I like the fact that it took time and i didnt complete it in a day. It's a nice feeling having him out knowing that not just anyone has him. It's even better knowing how cool he is!