Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

GarfieldJL
01.02.2013 , 08:53 PM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
A gang war.... On Nar Shaddaa.... Throwing the Exchange and one of its more important bosses off? Um.... No. G0-T0 will be expecting nothing less, seeing as its the only way to fight on Nar Shaddaa. He's also very experienced with it.
Agreed, "Goto" actually encouraged a few of the gang wars just to cause confusion in the underworld...

I think it should be also pointed out that some of G0-T0's thugs were out to bump him off and stood right in front of him on multiple occasions and never realized it. Visquis was plotting an assassination mission against G0-T0, not knowing that his own thugs were G0-T0 employees...

G0-T0 could even lead Zann on a rampage through Nal Hutta ticking off the Hutt Cartel and focusing their entire rage on Zann while the droid simply sits back, relaxes, and has an oil bath.

I might be making a few assumptions, but lets pause for a moment.
The Exchange.
Even in SWTOR era they have people on Coruscant. They're huge.
Agreed, the exchange while G0-T0 was running things probably easily rivaled Xixor's Black Sun, without having the vulnerable location on Coruscant.

I think we all need to understand something else here, Tyber Zann will be hunting for a man named "Goto," the odds of him figuring out that "Goto" is nothing more than a hologram, and he's really facing off against a ridiculously intelligent droid is rather low. Zann may even guess (wrongly) that Goto is actually living on Nar Shaddaa and go on the rampage (thinking that the cloaked ship is just a decoy). So then we have Zann wasting his time (along with ticking off everyone on Smuggler's moon, hunting for a man that doesn't exist.

G0-T0, could simply relocate to orbitting Nal Hutta, or head to Coruscant while Zann went on his rampage. After Zann proceeds to tick everyone off, G0-T0 offers a bounty on Zann's head "dead," I think quite a few people would be more than happy to try to collect the bounty at that point.

For all G0-T0's annoying other crime syndicates, he only rocked the boat now and then, Zann is running around and trying to blast holes in everyone's boats. All Zann is likely to do, if he uses his military forces, is help G0-T0 establish an even larger criminal network (possibly other syndicates allying with G0-T0 and/or joining his exchange), simply cause they have had enough with Zann's rampage.

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 09:22 PM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by GarfieldJL
I think we all need to understand something else here, Tyber Zann will be hunting for a man named "Goto," the odds of him figuring out that "Goto" is nothing more than a hologram, and he's really facing off against a ridiculously intelligent droid is rather low. Zann may even guess (wrongly) that Goto is actually living on Nar Shaddaa and go on the rampage (thinking that the cloaked ship is just a decoy). So then we have Zann wasting his time (along with ticking off everyone on Smuggler's moon, hunting for a man that doesn't exist.
I don't really understand why this is, but Beni said in the last thread that G0-T0s opponent knows he's a droid. That doesn't seem very fair. It's like saying that Yoda suddenly found out, during the Phantom Menace, that Palpatine was a Sith Lord. Like, who told Zann G0-T0 was a droid? The Force?

We can spin this two ways:
1.) Zann doesn't believe whatever vision he had telling him G0-T0 is a droid. Saying that he's a droid would just look like G0-T0 is trying to hide behind his droid messenger.

2.) G0-T0 has the unstoppable drive to kill anyone who knows he is a droid. So he would do all that he could to kill Zann as quickly as possible.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Segastorm
01.02.2013 , 09:25 PM | #63
Whatev, I think GO-TO just won...

Ausstig
01.02.2013 , 09:35 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post

Oh and Ausstig, KOTOR 2 is not a mediocre game. It's got Kreia in it and is therefore awesome, plus its just awesome anyway.
Ha ha, opinions opinions.

While Kreia does have some nice moments, the wrap up at the end when she 'sees the future' is very nice I got tired of her preaching very fast. As well the game never really 'clicked' for me I found the opening very slow and ungodly boring, especially the second time through when the 'mystery' isn't any more. And while Telos and Onderon where very well done, the other planets felt kind of meh, and the game had 'too many endings'. You should have faced Traya over Telos Malacore V was mind numbingly dull.

Any back to the topic at hand.

Tyber Zann has a lot more resources then GO-TO, Tyber has several planets under his command and others that are in his pocket, where as GO-TO has most of the Smugglers moon, which he only has because the Hutts haven't been bothered to do anything about him yet.

Edit: where are you guys getting your info about GO-TO, "he encouraged a few gang wars to create confusion" Where is that mentioned?

Also G0-T0 is 4 years old. He has very little experience in anything other then orgainsation of Republic relief efforts.

The Zann Consortium has more power the G0-T0's exchange by several orders of magnitude, why you ask; Because they can directly effect planets something G0-T0 is unable to do.

Also you people are underrating Tyber and making him out to be some dumb thug like, well like Hanharr. Tyber is smart, yeah he ticked off Jabba but only after Jabba sold him out. He is not some drugged up fool shooting everything he sees, he manipulates people, even getting one over on Thrawn of all Chiss.

Also don't forget what the Allies add;

For G0-T0: Hanharr is a very tough fighter and good body gaurd/attack dog.

For Tyber: Urai Fen is a very capable and cunning, as well as extremely loyal, right hand man meaning he can send him off on lots of different types of missions.
Have Force lightning will travel

Wolfninjajedi
01.02.2013 , 09:50 PM | #65
Just to note The Exchange was going down the drain by the Cold War(TOR's timeframe) due to the Hutt Cartel, and I think some are confusing the Exchange with the Black Sun. The Exchange was never on Coruscant, whereas the Black Sun was. Compared to the bigger two syndicates, the Exchange is nothing.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 10:27 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Just to note The Exchange was going down the drain by the Cold War(TOR's timeframe) due to the Hutt Cartel, and I think some are confusing the Exchange with the Black Sun. The Exchange was never on Coruscant, whereas the Black Sun was. Compared to the bigger two syndicates, the Exchange is nothing.
Not true.

Taken from the SWTOR Encyclopedia, titled "The Exchange":

"The Exchange maintains extensive operations throughout Republic Space, where it deals in primarily in black market weapons and other illegal technology. Many lesser organizations and gangs outfit their thugs in gear purchased from Exchange supplied merchants. Indeed, the Exchange has poised itself to profit tremendously from the crime wars in Coruscant's lower levels. Business has been so good that the Exchange has recently carved out a chunk of territory on Hutt-controlled Nar Shaddaa, and now vies with its long time rivals to control the spice trade."

So no, the Exchange is actually making a comeback during SWTOR. The Exchange is challenging the Hutt Cartel during SWTOR. And the Exchange was on Coruscant during SWTOR.
~~ AiR ~~

MasterMe
01.02.2013 , 10:33 PM | #67
Not true.

"The Exchange maintains extensive operations throughout Republic Space, where it deals in primarily in black market weapons and other illegal technology. Many lesser organizations and gangs outfit their thugs in gear purchased from Exchange supplied merchants. Indeed, the Exchange has poised itself to profit tremendously from the crime wars in Coruscant's lower levels. Business has been so good that the Exchange has recently carved out a chunk of territory on Hutt-controlled Nar Shaddaa, and now vies with its long time rivals to control the spice trade."

So no, the Exchange is actually making a comeback during SWTOR. The Exchange is challenging the Hutt Cartel during SWTOR. And the Exchange was on Coruscant during SWTOR.
Isn't it unimportant how powerful the Exchange was during SWTOR? The way I see it, all that matters is how powerful they are during KOTOR 2. Am I wrong?

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 10:42 PM | #68
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Tyber Zann has a lot more resources then GO-TO, Tyber has several planets under his command and others that are in his pocket, where as GO-TO has most of the Smugglers moon, which he only has because the Hutts haven't been bothered to do anything about him yet.

Also G0-T0 is 4 years old. He has very little experience in anything other then orgainsation of Republic relief efforts.

The Zann Consortium has more power the G0-T0's exchange by several orders of magnitude, why you ask; Because they can directly effect planets something G0-T0 is unable to do.

Also you people are underrating Tyber and making him out to be some dumb thug like, well like Hanharr. Tyber is smart, yeah he ticked off Jabba but only after Jabba sold him out. He is not some drugged up fool shooting everything he sees, he manipulates people, even getting one over on Thrawn of all Chiss.

For Tyber: Urai Fen is a very capable and cunning, as well as extremely loyal, right hand man meaning he can send him off on lots of different types of missions.
The Hutts have been very bothered and have tried to snuff out G0-T0 and the Exchange, to no avail.

G0-T0 is a droid. Experience for him doesn't need to be learned. Also, a lot can happen in 4 years on Nar Shaddaa. Also, if what you say is true and he's only been "alive" for 4 years, look how fast he rose to power.

The Zann Consortium is more powerful in military strength, yes. But you are totally wrong when you say the Exchange can't influence planets. Quite the opposite. The Exchange can impact things on a global scale without the need of conquering it. Hence it's an underworld organization. Just look at the operations on Taris, Telos, and Nar Shaddaa for proof.

Nobody said Zann was stupid. He just has an ego, he's arrogant, he's ruthless, and his emotions will end up with him making a mistake that G0-T0 will be more than happy to exploit.

Sending Urai on missions is exactly what Zann would do, but exactly what he shouldn't do. The hawk man will undoubtably be captured, and G0-T0 will have a valuable ally.
~~ AiR ~~

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 10:44 PM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Isn't it unimportant how powerful the Exchange was during SWTOR? The way I see it, all that matters is how powerful they are during KOTOR 2. Am I wrong?
XD No, you're not wrong. Just proving a point.

The thing is, the Exchange is on the rebound during SWTOR. The height of their power was during KOTOR 1 and 2.
~~ AiR ~~

Wolfninjajedi
01.03.2013 , 12:01 AM | #70
Not true.

Hmm...then the page needs to be changed(not the encyclopedia), cause it says elsewhere that the Hutts have gotten fed up with the Exchange and its starting to weaken. Though I don't remember the Exchange being a big play on Courscant, is what I was getting at whereas the Hutt Cartel and Black Sun were everywhere. But then again on the other page, it does say the Exchange grew in power before the Hutts started cracking down at them...

so we could be in that period where the Exchange are gaining power before outright being eliminated.

Anyway sorry for the branch out, just ignore this and continue on with the debate.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.