Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

Aurbere
01.02.2013 , 02:41 PM | #51
If Sidious and Vitiate couldn't transfer into other bodies for their battle, how come G0-T0 can?

Not that it would change the outcome. I'm just thinking out loud here.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Canino
01.02.2013 , 05:38 PM | #52
Sorry for not posting for so long. I agree with everything Warren said, INCLUDING the petitions, but whatever. Beni, in your scenario, I have one question, why would G0-T0 look for Zann's territory? It seems like a waste of time. He wouldn't invade, or send any bounty hunters/assassins there until he really needed to. G0-T0 would want to fight on Nar Shaddaa where he holds all the cards.

If he didn't sped time looking, he would notice the small things Zann was doing, and undo them, lulling Zann into a false sense of security. Then when Zann tried to attack with his new allies...

FATALITY!
Also, with the rancor, as I said in my first post, just snip and stampede. Thanks for defending when I couldn't Warren-you had some amazing posts, so thanks for supporting G0-T0!
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

Beniboybling
01.02.2013 , 06:28 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
If Sidious and Vitiate couldn't transfer into other bodies for their battle, how come G0-T0 can?

Not that it would change the outcome. I'm just thinking out loud here.
The rule was that once 'killed' the combatants couldn't resurrect themselves, for example through essence transfer. There was nothing ruling out them using essence transfer while still alive, but in the case of that Kaggath it wouldn't have been much use. G0-T0 is free to transfer his consciousness into other bodies while still alive, but for the sake of argument he cannot create copies, I'm not sure if that's even possible.

And Canino, G0-T0 needs to scout out Zann's power base to find Zann and assasinate him. Having the advantage of Nar Shaddaa is all well and good, but pointless if Zann never shows. He needs to track Zann down and draw him to Nar Shaddaa or kill him. Maybe he'll be tracking Zann's movements too, but the decoy gang war with the Exchange will throw him off guard. However Warren Stride makes a fair point about him monitoring the black market (although she's making some assumptions as to how great his influence is) and he might discover Zann's real plan. But Zann is smart enough to make the transaction secret, so G0-T0 doesn't know about it.

Aurbere
01.02.2013 , 06:43 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
The rule was that once 'killed' the combatants couldn't resurrect themselves, for example through essence transfer. There was nothing ruling out them using essence transfer while still alive, but in the case of that Kaggath it wouldn't have been much use. G0-T0 is free to transfer his consciousness into other bodies while still alive, but for the sake of argument he cannot create copies, I'm not sure if that's even possible.

Oh. Well that makes more sense.

Anyway. I think G0-T0 will win, but I think Zaan is going to cause some major damage to the Exchange before going down.
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

MasterMe
01.02.2013 , 07:00 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Oh. Well that makes more sense.

Anyway. I think G0-T0 will win, but I think Zaan is going to cause some major damage to the Exchange before going down.
Yeah... I agree. I've been debating (very poorly seeing as how I don't know much about these guys) that Zann would win only because I feel he is a lesser threat to Darth Revan (not that I think G0-T0 would beat Darth Reva - I'm just debating for Revan's best odds). After all, I picked G0-T0 to make it to the Tri-battle.

So yeah. I think G0-T0 wins. Zann will make it interesting and it'll be a close fight, but I believe G0-T0 just has an edge on him.

Canino
01.02.2013 , 07:08 PM | #56

And Canino, G0-T0 needs to scout out Zann's power base to find Zann and assasinate him. Having the advantage of Nar Shaddaa is all well and good, but pointless if Zann never shows. He needs to track Zann down and draw him to Nar Shaddaa or kill him. Maybe he'll be tracking Zann's movements too, but the decoy gang war with the Exchange will throw him off guard. However Warren Stride makes a fair point about him monitoring the black market (although she's making some assumptions as to how great his influence is) and he might discover Zann's real plan. But Zann is smart enough to make the transaction secret, so G0-T0 doesn't know about it.
That makes since, but the way I see it, is that G0-T0 doesn't need to make Zann come to Nar Shaddaa. If G0-T0 does nothing, Zann will be forced to go after G0-T0, instead of G0-T0 going after Zann. Once Zann is on Nar Shaddaa, or his forces, then G0-T0 strikes. Either he captures troops and tortures for Zann's information, or he fights Zann himself. This would also allow G0-T0 to know what Zann is doing on Nar Shaddaa, which is the battlefield, compared to other territories. He would get captives, no question. And some would break, revealing the valued alliances. Then G0-T0 simply puts an end to these, and Zann gets betrayed. Would it end the Kaggath? That, I'm not sure, but it would do serious damage, not only physically, but mentally. Who wants to fight someone who doesn't even have to research you to know how you work?

That last line is worded weird, but I don't know how else to write it.
STATEMENT: I'm just a simple assassin...I mean bodyguard, master. You have nothing to fear.
---------

GarfieldJL
01.02.2013 , 07:14 PM | #57
I somehow doubt G0-T0 is that good and could buy the weapon before Zann even knows about it... the evidence we have suggests Zann is better at exploiting the black market than G0-T0. And remember, there will be more than one gravfield trap out there. And by "before he has time to react", yes he is a droid but I don't mean physically. I mean before he has time to make a copy of himself, jump to hyperspace etc. As for the battle on Nar Shaddaa, 'invasion' is the wrong word, gang wars happen all the time on Nar Shaddaa so not many people are gonna be irked when Zann starts one with G0-T0. The way I see it is Zann will work with Vogga and other enemies of G0-T0 to smuggle forces onto Nar Shaddaa, these guys aren't gonna be rampaging through the streets. They'll locate the Exchange bases and attack them head on, the Exchange might hire bounty hunters and smugglers to fight their battle. But what good are they gonna be against Zann's army, and Urai Fen?
G0-T0 was running a galactic wide crime syndicate under the Hutt Cartel's noses... To claim that G0-T0 didn't have any connections in the black market is laughable. Heck, for all we know it would be one of G0-T0's agents that "sells" Zann one of those devices that turns out is rigged to explode or missing a bunch of key components, or the components melt down if the device is on for any length of time, simply for the amusement factor...

While G0-T0 liked hanging out around Nar Shaddaa he didn't have to be there to run his criminal enterprise, if Zann wants to waste time hunting for G0-T0 all over the galaxy, good luck cause those devices are expensive and it's an awfully big galaxy...

Now in a gang war G0-T0 is going to have experience of course. But don't underestimate Zann, he does have experience with underworld fighting. He runs a underworld organisation! Of course he does! Yes he fought the Empire and the Rebellion, but he had to build up his organisation before he could challenge them. He started off learning at the feet of Jabba the Hutt, and then built up his empire from there, and I bet underworld fighting came into it alot. Hell he probably has his own turf, maybe even a palace, on Nar Shaddaa already! And don't forget G0-T0 has no experience with full scale warfare, I don't believe many people are going to get in Zann's way when he sends task forces to destroy Exchange bases. He'll have the Hutt's support and anyone else he can buy off. And remember, they are only going to be fighting in Exchange territory, nowhere else. I've already abandoned the idea that Zann can mount a full scale invasion. But ultimately, who wins or loses is irrelevant. Its just a distraction to keep G0-T0 occupied and prevent him from going on the offense, or getting suspicious.
Zann waltzing in and blowing locations up all over the smuggler moon isn't going to go over very well. Is Zann trying to give G0-T0 an army of angry smugglers that would like nothing better than to blass Zann right between the eyes?

And lets just make some ground on the transfer consciousness part to avoid future confusion. In order to make a transfer G0-T0 needs a receptable to house it, and a little bit of uninterrupted time to complete the transfer. And he can't make copies of himself, that just opens up a whole can of worms. Just clarifying here.
Which wouldn't take that long for him to do, a minute tops...

Zann is more like an angry club, he's prone to grandious displays of violence, he's actually fairly likely to go on a rampage through Nar Shaddaa and tick off every other criminal organization (including the Hutts) to the point they'd help "Goto" vape Zann...

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 08:17 PM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Canino View Post
Sorry for not posting for so long. I agree with everything Warren said, INCLUDING the petitions, but whatever.

FATALITY!
Also, with the rancor, as I said in my first post, just snip and stampede. Thanks for defending when I couldn't Warren-you had some amazing posts, so thanks for supporting G0-T0!
Oh stop it, you!

I'm really really trying to get G0-T0 to the tri-battle. If he dies there, oh well (*cough* he won't *cough*) but I don't want him to be a loser. He's much too cool for that. Ideally, I would be pulling for all independent faction people, aka Zann, G0-T0, and Xizor, but hey, a choice had to be made, and mine is clear. Go with the droid.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 08:27 PM | #59

Maybe he'll be tracking Zann's movements too, but the decoy gang war with the Exchange will throw him off guard. However Warren Stride makes a fair point about him monitoring the black market (although she's making some assumptions as to how great his influence is) and he might discover Zann's real plan. But Zann is smart enough to make the transaction secret, so G0-T0 doesn't know about it.
A gang war.... On Nar Shaddaa.... Throwing the Exchange and one of its more important bosses off? Um.... No. G0-T0 will be expecting nothing less, seeing as its the only way to fight on Nar Shaddaa. He's also very experienced with it.

I might be making a few assumptions, but lets pause for a moment.
The Exchange.
Even in SWTOR era they have people on Coruscant. They're huge.

Also, I would like to extend this analogy. Mister Goto is an art collector, and a renowned one at that, with a giant person art collection museum. A new painting, named Le Crystal Decloaker, is on the market for VERY high prices, seeing as it is one of a kind. Mister Goto may ignore it. Maybe it's ugly. But his contacts and the sellers keep sending him messages about it. Suddenly, the messages stop. The super expensive, one of a kind painting is sold to another buyer. Having regrets, Mister Goto gets the sellers to tell him who bought the painting. With this information, Mister Goto prepares an offer to buy it from the strange purchaser, Duke Zann.

Ok, that was long. But what I'm trying to say is, if there's something that big on the black market, the sellers will contact big spenders. Who spends more in the black market than the Exchange? And once that offer disappears, G0-T0 will know exactly who it went to (or can find out).
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

Canino
01.02.2013 , 08:36 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Oh stop it, you!

I'm really really trying to get G0-T0 to the tri-battle. If he dies there, oh well (*cough* he won't *cough*) but I don't want him to be a loser. He's much too cool for that. Ideally, I would be pulling for all independent faction people, aka Zann, G0-T0, and Xizor, but hey, a choice had to be made, and mine is clear. Go with the droid.
Yeah, that's what I do. I personally find that the neutral characters are may favorite. They just have so many...layers? They're like onions(Shrek anyone?). But kidding aside, I do love neutral characters. And I really hope he makes it too. Let's win this!

P.S. I like your analogy
---------