Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Kaggath Heats: Tyber Zann vs G0-T0

ArmiaKrajowa
01.01.2013 , 09:57 PM | #21
I'd have to give the battle to G0-T0. HK-50 droids would be perfect for guerrilla warfare, which is extremely hard to beat by conventional military means (look at Vietnam war, Afghan war against USSR) which gives G0-T0 the edge on the military aspect. not to mention his anonymity, which would give him an edge in the spy game as well. and the last thing going for him is he's a droid. he can't be taunted, angered, or otherwise give into emotions that Tyber Zann would be susceptible to. I'd say G0-T0 is the victor of a long drawn out war.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

Warren-Stride
01.01.2013 , 10:07 PM | #22
G0-T0 Ally Petition List!

-G0-T0 Droids/"400100500260026" (I'm sure G0-T0 knows where they are, and they would undoubtably help him.)
-Twin Suns (Still pulling for these two)
-Loppak Slusk (Exchange Bose)
-Davik Kung (Exchange Boss)
-Calo Nord (Works for Davik Kung)
-Visquis (Actually works for G0-T0)

I know most and probably all of these will be rejected, but hey, gotta try! Actually, allowing the Exchange Bosses or the other G0-T0s would only aid the debate by giving Zann something to conquer.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

GarfieldJL
01.01.2013 , 10:08 PM | #23
Another problem with a 1 on 1 fight between Zann and G0-T0 is G0-T0 has a high explosive built into his frame that he could simply detonate if it looks like he's going to lose and simply kill them both (could likely transfer to another droid and blow up his old body).

Also G0-T0 had connections all over the galaxy, not simply Nar Shaddaa.

MasterMe
01.01.2013 , 10:21 PM | #24
Once again: I arrive late to the party! Oh well.

I honestly am not the most knowledgeable guy when it comes to G0-T0 and Zann, but I will say that I think Zann has a better chance at beating G0-T0 then Plagueis did. I know that sounds wierd, but I've just got a feeling Zann is more cut out for beating G0-T0 then Plagueis was.

With that in mind, I still think that G0-T0 is gonna be tuff to beat. I'd like to see Zann win this, but I'm just don't know enough about him to debate for him. I'll say that Zann definately has the tools to find and defeat G0-T0. The only real question (imo) is this: does Zann have the cunning and mental-awesomeness to use his empire/resources to descover/destroy G0-T0. That's the real question imo.

Overall I feel this is a very close fight.

Warren-Stride
01.01.2013 , 10:41 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post

With that in mind, I still think that G0-T0 is gonna be tuff to beat. I'd like to see Zann win this, but I'm just don't know enough about him to debate for him. I'll say that Zann definately has the tools to find and defeat G0-T0. The only real question (imo) is this: does Zann have the cunning and mental-awesomeness to use his empire/resources to descover/destroy G0-T0. That's the real question imo.
I just want to take a moment here to say how much I hate Zann as a person.

He's VERY arrogant and self confident, qualities that could very well work against him. He's also ruthless and cold, which leads to his lack of compassion for his troops, leading him to take risky and stupid moves with his people. He also holds grudges like no other, meaning I see VERY few defections to his side. He'd rather just kill G0-T0's forces, rather than convert them to his side. For sure Exchange forces. Also, putting a bounty on his head would keep the bounty hunters honed in on him. Zann also likes to be directly in control of operations, meaning there's a very good chance he'll expose himself by taking point on Nar Shaddaa trying to destroy Exchange warhouses and such. He's very hands-on, which is extremely dangerous on Nar Shaddaa with hundreds on bounty hunters on you and HK assassins droids aiming at your head.

Tyber's personality will work against him here.
~~ AiR ~~

Ausstig
01.02.2013 , 03:36 AM | #26
Tyber Zann wins hands down no contest.

Yes GO-TO can hack droids but he needs to be there to do it, either 'in person' or in the system if he has his bost from the Yatch I think.

Also while the HK droids are good they are not invincible, ion weapons and blaster put them down. Also Tyber has Night Sisters, you know the evil force users who RIDE RACORS, holy #### thats awesome, so I don't think the HK's will do that much, it has been establish that force user>all others (in the SE vs GE Kaggath).

If GO-TO can take over droids, Tyber can bribe. "Ever one has a price", he can convince GO-TO's people to turn on him, yes he can be arrogant but he is not stupid, if can bribe someone he will.

Tyber is also a manipulator of people, he knows how they will react, I don't think GO-TO 'gets' organics to be honest.

Also Tyber gets what he is after through his own skill where as GO-TO only gets a jedi, when one WANTS to be captured and then gets him/her to do his work for him, which takes place where the jedi was headed in the first place.

but it don't matter cause GO-TO was in KOTOR2 and there is better then every one who was not in that mediocre game.
Have Force lightning will travel

Beniboybling
01.02.2013 , 06:47 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
G0-T0 Ally Petition List!

-G0-T0 Droids/"400100500260026" (I'm sure G0-T0 knows where they are, and they would undoubtably help him.)
-Twin Suns (Still pulling for these two)
-Loppak Slusk (Exchange Bose)
-Davik Kung (Exchange Boss)
-Calo Nord (Works for Davik Kung)
-Visquis (Actually works for G0-T0)

I know most and probably all of these will be rejected, but hey, gotta try! Actually, allowing the Exchange Bosses or the other G0-T0s would only aid the debate by giving Zann something to conquer.
No you cannot have other G0-T0s! lol. No Davik Kang, he's an Exchange boss in his own right, and no Calo Nord. Loppa Slusk is not allowed either as she operated on Telos under a different boss. Visquis is permitted however seeing as they made up the lower levels of G0-T0's crime syndicate. And no Twin Suns!

As for the overall debate, I believe Zann will put all his resources into finding the Visionary and destroying it. It won't take long for Zann to realise that the Visionary is in orbit above Nar Shardaa, all G0-T0's enemies knew. And there are three ways Zann can find it and take it out.

1. A fullscale invasion of Nar Shardaa, this may seem a little farfetched but consider that Zann had an entire army at his disposal and had invaded planets before during the Galactic Civil War. Nor in the Kaggath arena does he have to concern himself with repercussions once his opponent is defeated. So he invades and takes over Nar Shardaa and quickly uses the intel of the planet to find G0-T0 and kill him. Or at least deal heavy damage to his power base.

2. He works with G0-T0's enemies, of which there were many (they all swarm his ship when it recloaks). With their influence on Nar Shardaa and Zann's resources they can track down the Visionary.

3. He captures/tortures or bribes G0-T0's mercenaries or underlings and extracts the location of the Visionary from them. Presumably they would know it's location, especially the mercenaries as the likes of Hanharr, the Zhug Brothers and the Gand nest had been on the ship and displayed an ability to get to it (they ambush you when you try to leave in KOTOR 2 despite not being on the ship beforehand.)

All these options combined would be the best plan of attack, and once Zann finds the Visionary he surrounds it with his fleet and disables it with ion cannons (which prevents it from decloaking, escaping or G0-T0 making a transfer) And then blows the ship to pieces and G0-T0 with it.

This IMO is how I see Zann winning but G0-T0 could win just as easily, simply by capturing those who come to Nar Shardaa and turning them against Zann. Then he uses them to find Zann's base and sends mercenaries and HK assassins to kill him. Which is the more likely outcome?

Oh and Ausstig, KOTOR 2 is not a mediocre game. It's got Kreia in it and is therefore awesome, plus its just awesome anyway.

konstadinosblue
01.02.2013 , 07:18 AM | #28
Thank god you intervined Beni,Warren-Stride was bombarding Zann's supporters
Ahsoka: "Well, you want the bad news, or the really bad news?"
Obi-Wan: "Well, let's try the bad news laced with a little optimism."
―Ahsoka Tano and Obi-Wan Kenobi, attempting to flee from Mortis

Warren-Stride
01.02.2013 , 09:05 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausstig View Post
Tyber Zann wins hands down no contest.

Yes GO-TO can hack droids but he needs to be there to do it, either 'in person' or in the system if he has his bost from the Yatch I think.

Also while the HK droids are good they are not invincible, ion weapons and blaster put them down. Also Tyber has Night Sisters, you know the evil force users who RIDE RACORS, holy #### thats awesome, so I don't think the HK's will do that much, it has been establish that force user>all others (in the SE vs GE Kaggath).

If GO-TO can take over droids, Tyber can bribe. "Ever one has a price", he can convince GO-TO's people to turn on him, yes he can be arrogant but he is not stupid, if can bribe someone he will.

Tyber is also a manipulator of people, he knows how they will react, I don't think GO-TO 'gets' organics to be honest.

Also Tyber gets what he is after through his own skill where as GO-TO only gets a jedi, when one WANTS to be captured and then gets him/her to do his work for him, which takes place where the jedi was headed in the first place.

but it don't matter cause GO-TO was in KOTOR2 and there is better then every one who was not in that mediocre game.
Even if G0-T0 has to be in person to hack droids (which doesn't make any sense considering with our technology we can already hack into things across the world) he will still be able to move about and corrupt them in his stealthed ship and stealthier body.

The HK units are assassins. If they do their job right, their targets won't even be able to aim a blaster at them. In KOTOR 2 they were trying to bring the Exile in alive. Now they're just killing stuff. Actuall, it's already been stated that HKs would be the perfect counter for night sisters. They were made to assassinate Jedi and Sith, just ask HK-47. Just snipe the witch on top and the rancor will stampede. Also, don't overestimate their force abilities, they were really quite small.

Zann bribing people has a couple problems. 1. You can't bribe the Exchange people. It's like the Mafia, you're in for life and if you defect you're killed. 2. GO-TO can place a bounty the size of Coruscant on Zanns head to make sure all the bounty hunters stay onto him. And 3. Good luck bribing HK or any of GO-TOs other droids.

GO-TO is an Exchange Boss. Don't forget that he just runs the place, but he has servants all over. Visquis is now allowed, so if you're looking for someone to work with people, there you go.

GO-TO was much more resourceful than you think. If yoi played KOTOR 2, you'll remember like 5 different attempts on the Exiles life. GO-TO was trying to bring her in alive, but now, he will have nothing stopping him from just killing everything.
~~ AiR ~~

MasterMe
01.02.2013 , 09:27 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Even if G0-T0 has to be in person to hack droids (which doesn't make any sense considering with our technology we can already hack into things across the world) he will still be able to move about and corrupt them in his stealthed ship and stealthier body.

The HK units are assassins. If they do their job right, their targets won't even be able to aim a blaster at them. In KOTOR 2 they were trying to bring the Exile in alive. Now they're just killing stuff. Actuall, it's already been stated that HKs would be the perfect counter for night sisters. They were made to assassinate Jedi and Sith, just ask HK-47. Just snipe the witch on top and the rancor will stampede. Also, don't overestimate their force abilities, they were really quite small.

Zann bribing people has a couple problems. 1. You can't bribe the Exchange people. It's like the Mafia, you're in for life and if you defect you're killed. 2. GO-TO can place a bounty the size of Coruscant on Zanns head to make sure all the bounty hunters stay onto him. And 3. Good luck bribing HK or any of GO-TOs other droids.

GO-TO is an Exchange Boss. Don't forget that he just runs the place, but he has servants all over. Visquis is now allowed, so if you're looking for someone to work with people, there you go.

GO-TO was much more resourceful than you think. If yoi played KOTOR 2, you'll remember like 5 different attempts on the Exiles life. GO-TO was trying to bring her in alive, but now, he will have nothing stopping him from just killing everything.
You think it's impossible to bribe a exchange person? Untrue. Just like the Mafia you mentioned, everyone (in that kind of business) has a price. This does not exclude the exchange. Did Mafia members ever betray Capone? You bet.