Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP: Why are Imps better than Pubs?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP: Why are Imps better than Pubs?

Aluvi
01.02.2013 , 10:35 AM | #41
We has dark side. /thread.
Aluvien Sith Marauder <Infinite Darkness> Shadowlands
Aluviann Jedi Sentinel <Triumph> Shadowlands

NoTomorrow
01.02.2013 , 10:43 AM | #42
Red Eclipse has more republic pvp guilds, but empire can hold its own in many games. Also i am seeing less and less 14000 hp people on empire side. Still too many inquisitors though.

Personally i dont like at all republic animations. They are all terrible, troopes being particularly unbearable, i hate all their pulse animations. Also a sniper feels like a sniper, gunslinger had never been appealing to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

smellmop
01.02.2013 , 10:46 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Red Eclipse has more republic pvp guilds, but empire can hold its own in many games. Also i am seeing less and less 14000 hp people on empire side. Still too many inquisitors though.

Personally i dont like at all republic animations. They are all terrible, troopes being particularly unbearable, i hate all their pulse animations. Also a sniper feels like a sniper, gunslinger had never been appealing to me.
dirty kick ftw /thread
-Tarro Blood -> Corellian Run -> The Shadowlands-
Gunslinger: Hasenbensoba Vanguard: Ajmurphy; Scoundrel: Obi'haave; Sorcerer: Impossibreu Guardian: Shrëk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=labL_KAD2rk

Zarrot
01.02.2013 , 12:59 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
On Shadowlands republic always have 2 scoundrels healers and 3+ smashers/sweep.
Yeah, there are a couple guilds who seem to dominate PvP on the Pub side by rocking the FOTM. It seems there are also less random/non-premade pup groups during EST prime time. You end up running up against the same 3-4 pub premades over and over.

UGLYMRJ
01.02.2013 , 01:13 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
It's a server related issue.
/thread

Morrow
01.02.2013 , 02:17 PM | #46
I can't post screenshots of my data right now, but I started tracking my Warzone progress on a couple of lowbie toons and have 235 matches in my sample. I have a level 32 Juggernaut (136 matches) and a level 27 Shadow (99 matches). The win/loss information for each is as follows:

Juggernaut (Win / Loss)
- Total: 97 / 39 - 71.32%
- Solo Queue: 70 / 31 - 69.31%
- Group Queue: 27 / 8 - 77.14%

Shadow (Win / Loss)
- Total: 78 / 21 - 78.79%
- Solo Queue: 25 / 10 - 71.43%
- Group Queue: 53 / 11 - 82.81%

My aggregate Win / Loss is 74.47%. All that being said, I understand there is a difference between lowbie and level 50 pvp and I haven't bothered tracking any of my 50 PvP because I want to use the same characters which I use for tracking at the moment. Thus, interpret as you see fit, but it's more about how you contribute to your team's overall performance than the faction balance, at least in my opinion.

Kerensk
01.02.2013 , 07:37 PM | #47
It's attitude. Republic players are pacifist and more likely to camp out when loss becomes inevitable. Imperials are more willing to suicide charge when loss becomes inevitable.

That attitude colors the whole engagement. When I try to rally people to a new tactic or regroup if we're disorganized the words I hear most on the Republic is "Why Bother?" Imperial side its usually just "On my way".

Even getting slammed by a premade, on the Imp side its easy to get get an abused team to charge in with a final "What the hell!" attack. And usually rack up more medals in those last 2 minutes than we'd get defending our single turret feeling sorry for ourselves.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”

TheNegotiator
01.03.2013 , 02:52 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
It's attitude. Republic players are pacifist and more likely to camp out when loss becomes inevitable. Imperials are more willing to suicide charge when loss becomes inevitable.

That attitude colors the whole engagement. When I try to rally people to a new tactic or regroup if we're disorganized the words I hear most on the Republic is "Why Bother?" Imperial side its usually just "On my way".

Even getting slammed by a premade, on the Imp side its easy to get get an abused team to charge in with a final "What the hell!" attack. And usually rack up more medals in those last 2 minutes than we'd get defending our single turret feeling sorry for ourselves.
Please, suicide charge is the dumbest thing you can do in PvP unless they are all turret camping with a minute left and you can storm/aoe attack. Even then it's still dumb.

shyroman
01.03.2013 , 03:06 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
Please, suicide charge is the dumbest thing you can do in PvP unless they are all turret camping with a minute left and you can storm/aoe attack. Even then it's still dumb.
True but if your team is already going to lose, like it's 200:50 on the civil war, then what's the fun in just camping, If you can rally 6-7 people in your team to do a suicide run on your opponents weak side, then it becomes a bit more fun, I don't know about you, but I pvp to have fun, and giving up just isn't fun imo, I find throwing myself into a death trap with the rest of my team much more fun. Also, often times in an obvious losing civil war and I see people camping, my MVP vote goes to the person that died the most because that usually means that they didn't give up, even though they knew that they were going to die.

Kerensk
01.03.2013 , 04:31 PM | #50
^^Exactly.
I don't suicide at the end to win or for points, I do it because I don't want to hang out with a bunch of quitters patting each other on the back for quitting so early.

I don't care if I lose if the last 2 minutes of battle was a huge 6-7 vs 6-7 battle Royale. At least it was fun.
If you're going to give up just do that from the beginning, all 8 of you take one turret and sit there congratulating each other on the 4-5 defensive comms you'll get.

Bragging about how many medals you got for hiding from the fight doesn't make you a good player.
The Harbinger, Piett Legacy
“It's an older quote but it checks out. I was about to clear it. ”