Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The 1st Amendment

doctor_atomic
01.01.2013 , 11:00 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by atduncan View Post
"Please do not create threads that criticize the community in ways that incite overly negative reactions, as this is considered rude and disrespectful, which is not allowed. "

Now you get infractions for each post that criticizes the game. I suppose the SWTOR galaxy is more strict than Earth's 1st amendment --- freedom of speech.

I got this warning simply for a post stating that for subs the DLC is 25 (10 + 15 sub) vs just 10 dollars (half the cost of a new game). A true fact. Note: Go ahead and ban me for this. I won't be subbing any more after this treatment anyway
Are you going to cry now? Can we watch and laugh?
"Personally, I play a warlock to set people on fire as they run in fear while I steal their souls. As an added perk, I play an undead warlock so I can eat their brains afterwards. I suppose a better question is, why do people play anything else?" (Unknown WoW forum poster)

bahdasz
01.01.2013 , 11:03 AM | #42
people get their little feelings hurt over everything now days, that's the problem. Everyone's afraid someone won't like them, and nobody can just call a stupid person/idea/practice/institution stupid. Sometimes crap needs to be called out as crap, some people need to man up and not be little girls about everything and get used to it.

Briljin
01.01.2013 , 11:21 AM | #43
Quote:
Never said they violated my rights. Only that they are more strict than the constitution
Because they don't have to give you any rights. You are not FORCED to be here, if you are unhappy then move along.

Sportiva
01.01.2013 , 11:26 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by -IceHawk- View Post
Posts like the OP make me think I am not doing my job well enough...

...disappointed History Teacher
Posts like the OP's make me want to investigate New Zealand's immigration policies.
Master Jaice Jenod Guardian | Velo Jenx Gunslinger | Master Gira Jenx Sage | Major Jaxen Jenod Vanguard
Saena Jenod Mercenary | Dulymus Jenod Operative | Darth Scoura Assassin | Darth Zetara Marauder

Felizcat
01.01.2013 , 12:58 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

It specifically does not apply to corporations or private individuals. For example: In my home state if you're in my house and you state an opinion that I don't like I'm legally allowed to throw you out of my house, and I'm legally authorized to use any means necessary up to and including the use of deadly force in order to compel you to leave my house.

Simply because you stated an opinion.

These forums are BioWare's 'house'. If they're tired of people constantly criticizing their game on their forums then you're just going to have to respect that. If you don't then at some point you'll likely be banned from their house, permanently.
Oh, oh. The US headquarter of Bioware is in Texas. They shoot first and ask questions later.

CommunitySupport
01.01.2013 , 01:06 PM | #46
Hello there,

While we do appreciate all forms of feedback, we do not allow public discussion of moderation. We do understand that being moderated can be frustrating. However, we ask that all inquiries, feedback, and comments be emailed to us at communitysupport@swtor.com so that we can address your concerns one-on-one. Any feedback regarding moderation, whether positive or negative, is appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you for understanding why we've closed this thread!