Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaliyo is a horrible companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kaliyo is a horrible companion

command_codes
02.20.2013 , 10:48 PM | #41
She is a piece of ****. I'm going to drop her out the airlock

I'm told that Agents don't get their next companion until Alderaan. The terrible reputation of the Agent's companions is well deserved

Battle_Brother
02.21.2013 , 05:17 PM | #42
Only using her as a Tank until I get Lokin, then I'm just gonna enjoy the healing.
Major Alhaus, Battalion XO
RP Officer
Thirteenth Battalion

drug_cartel
02.22.2013 , 04:24 AM | #43
I used to care what my companions thought. Then I realized a few things.

Affection can be gained any time; mission choices can only be made once. As an Imperial Agent, the motto is "the mission comes first".

To heck with what any companion thinks; I do what I want. I play through the story the way I enjoy. And if I want some overly sensitive hag to be good at crafting, I go buy her some presents or run some of those Companion GIfts missions from my Underworld Trading and shut her up.

As for leveling affection, this is the formula for every single class. [This does assume this is not your first character and you are not entirely flat broke]

Step 1: Shut up and take my stuff. Prior to using a companion, purchase the Grade 1 green gift from the vendor for $200. Give this gift to your companion over and over until they are 6000 affection. (Moving up to higher gifts is ineffective; Grade 2 for example costs triple the credits but only gives double the affection. It is more profittable to give them tons of junk, rather than to ever pick up something nice.)

Step 2: Right man for the job. If you don't mind playing conversations multiple times, escape out at the end of the conversation if it was generally negative with your companion. Then *wait for it* select a differant companion. It doesn't matter if they are not the companion you actually want to use for combat, you can still bring them in just for the conversation. You can select your way through companions until you find the one who actually likes what you're saying. If nobody likes it, then send the moron to go sell your trash to the vendor while you talk to the guy alone. (Really this is only a few seconds investment in time in order to net yourself the better payout for the conversations. Occasionally the conversation will be with someone you will fight immediately following talking. In those cases, it still doesn't really matter who you choose. If you've got some naked companion you haven't used in 20 levels, but he likes what you're saying, let him score the bonus and then wipe on the boss. When you get rez'd by the field medic droid, you can swap companions back to who you want for the fight, and they never need to be the wiser of what happened.) Keep this up until about 8800 affection.

Step 3: Who are you again? When you hit 8800 affection, then you can do the companion missions with them. Never before. These are the easiest, biggest gains of affection you'll find possible. Romance Companion = +120, for example. If you do that when they're low, it's only worth the $800 or so of credits you would have spent on some green gifts. If you do that when they're almost maxed, then each one of those companion comments is the equivalent of thousands of saved credits. So tell her what she wants to hear, and then go flirt with whoever you feel like anyways. And think of it this way; James Bond does not ever actually love those girls he's nailing. Instead, you're manipulating her feelings by lying to her, to make her more likely to perform the tasks you need her to do. It's as cold and detached as you can be.

Once affection is capped out, they officially get drafted into your sweat shop for full time crafting.

arkanone
02.22.2013 , 04:03 PM | #44
It might help if she wasn't uglier than a bulldog...not exactly the hot Bond girl I had in mind.

jovianus
02.22.2013 , 08:20 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by arkanone View Post
It might help if she wasn't uglier than a bulldog...not exactly the hot Bond girl I had in mind.
Darth Lachris was my first Bond Girl. Good times.

RavensBloodyClaw
02.24.2013 , 04:21 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by arkanone View Post
Not into blondes or some of the Bonds girls that there have been. There are also companion customizations you can buy. None will make her into a blonde, but you can customize her.

nateslice
02.25.2013 , 08:29 PM | #47
There's another reason Kaliyo is so polarizing... she's your only companion for such a long time.

If you sort of dislike her early on, having to wait so long to replace her will make you despise her.

I sort of liked her at first, but she was really starting to grate on me by the time I got to Alderaan.

If you get along really well with her right off the bat, then you're happy to keep her out at all times, so the lack of options won't bother you at all. This is how my Bounty Hunter was with Mako; I never even wanted to use any other companion.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

Morefiend
03.06.2013 , 06:03 PM | #48
I'm fairly new at the game, my highest char is a lvl 40 Sith Maruader with Vette, a lvl 30 Knight with Kira Carsen, and lvl 20 Sith Sorcerer with Khem Val....I wanted to try something different, and being a fan of the Sniper class from Battlefield, I decided on a Imperial Agent. My idea of an Agent was along the lines of James Bond/Jason Bourne...someone that gets the job done, without a lot of recognition.

When I got Kaliyo, I was ok with it since I liked the tattoo'd look. But what really sold me on her was when we landed in Tatooine....as we went through the space port, a npc walked by and she yelled out "Hey Ugly! Lick my feet for twenty credits? He'll do it! Spot me twenty Credits!". The best conversation though was with a Baron on Alderaan...I introduced myself as a princess of House Thul to gain an audience and introduced Kaliyo as my assistant...she started openly flirting with the Baron...it was hilarious.

So far, the only reason I used Vector was because I had to to finish that particular mission...otherwise, he's a emotionless tool.

chuixupu
03.06.2013 , 07:46 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Morefiend View Post
When I got Kaliyo, I was ok with it since I liked the tattoo'd look. But what really sold me on her was when we landed in Tatooine....as we went through the space port, a npc walked by and she yelled out "Hey Ugly! Lick my feet for twenty credits? He'll do it! Spot me twenty Credits!"
Hehe....that was on Nar Shaddaa, actually.

Quote:
. The best conversation though was with a Baron on Alderaan...I introduced myself as a princess of House Thul to gain an audience and introduced Kaliyo as my assistant...she started openly flirting with the Baron...it was hilarious.
That cracked me up too.
"With those manners, you could be royalty".
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Aeowyn
03.11.2013 , 06:01 PM | #50
Levelling my second Agent at the moment and honestly, it's gotten so bad that I decided to turn off the window which shows affection gain/loss. Yeah, sorry for telling the injured soldier to get some help, Kaliyo!

Spoiler

Sometimes I like her, sometimes I just want to throw her out of the airlock. But the constant -1's (which bugged me even when I tried to ignore it) are a pain. Seeing as I'm playing an Operative I'm stuck with her until Hoth. :|