Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaliyo is a horrible companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Imperial Agent
Kaliyo is a horrible companion

Badal-Mirob
01.03.2013 , 09:12 PM | #21
Simple fix, get that ***** a weapon. *****es love weapons...
A Jedi does not cling to sorrow. -Plo Koon

Shadojack
01.04.2013 , 01:08 PM | #22
I wanted to take this psycho b**** out behind the chemical processers and put a blaster bolt through her bald head the minute I met her.

I don't mind a strong female character, but the Son of Sam personality is not what I was hoping for.

Once I get a new compaignen she can sit and rot on the ship.
Travel light, travel fast, and keep moving.

chuixupu
01.04.2013 , 01:10 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Badal-Mirob View Post
Simple fix, get that ***** a weapon. *****es love weapons...
And Luxury too.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

Ridickilis
01.04.2013 , 01:20 PM | #24
Well I'm only level 22 now so she's my only companion but my agent has been getting along with her famously so far. Seems like every time I sneeze I gain affection with her. Then again I've been RPing my female operative as a dark sided, flippant, mouthy *****, so that's probably why.

Besides I love when she randomly calls people dirtbags, how can you not like that? hehe

ZakMorgan
01.05.2013 , 07:17 AM | #25
My Sniper ditched her the minute I got Vector, but unfortunately my Healer Operative was stuck with her until Belsavis.

The happiest moment of the Agent storyline for me was (Act 3 SPOILERS):
Spoiler
Founder, and proud Agent since day one

Rerednaw
01.10.2013 , 03:01 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyability View Post
Playing an agent sniper, she is ruining the whole experience for me. All I see is -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1,-1, -1, -1. To the point when I'm screaming "leave already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Seriously, I'm picking choices an assbag would pick because I'd like her to be partially decent at running crafting missions. Its ruining the whole story for me. Please tell me there is a better companion that actually fits the story line coming soon.
Run Black Talon a few times with her and <esc> out. You will get a feel for what the psycho likes. I don't like her much either, but since I was Ops/Healer, didn't have much choice. Vector is worse at tanking, but once I got him I used him 90% of the time and only pop the K-b###h during boss fights.

tatatan
01.11.2013 , 08:47 AM | #27
After you get to 50, you wont care anyway. She's cheap to gear and i do play Lethality Op in PvE, meaning i need tank there, so she's my companion 95% of time, as it allows me to use backstab and all AoE utils because mobs gather on her.
But yeah, during leveling she was annoying.

TheLambOfDeth
01.12.2013 , 01:40 AM | #28
I love Kaliyo, but as it was said before...it's love it or hate it with her. I'm only on chapter 1, but my Agent can deal with her, b/c he sees her for what she is...An Attractive Distraction. I think as long as you know she's a crazy, habitual liar, and keep her at a certain distance...she works. It's also helps that they're both the same race, since the empire looks down on me the same way they do her.

To be fair my agent is pretty much set-up for her. I play him as a Sadistic James bond...in a way. He is very loyal to the Empire and believes in it stands for, but has very little patience for authority figures and politics. He makes the occasional snarky/sarcastic comment, but he's more about handling the mission. He's pretty bloodthirsty, and will opt to killing anyone if it makes the mission easier. No loose ends. As it stands though, seems he won't be bedding many NPCs...since he's and Alien...

Thing about Kaliyo is she isn't just as DS choices. She usually has some thought to how she want you to react to thing. There's times during class missions where she doesn't you tampering with people or killing them. Whereas other times she's fine with you targeting anyeone. IMO that makes he more interesting. That's probably why I like her a hair more than Jaesea. That and Jaesea's Voice is horrible. And they way the OP feels about Kaliyo is the way I feel about Vette. I saw so many -1.and -30 with Vetter before I got Quinn, I just pretended she wasn't there....except the shock collar moments....

KariTalRathe
01.12.2013 , 02:06 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by ZakMorgan View Post
My Sniper ditched her the minute I got Vector, but unfortunately my Healer Operative was stuck with her until Belsavis.
I'm not far from dinging L50 on my healing op now and Vector has been my sole companion since he joined me - mind you. I probably give his gear more attention than I do my own, or at least as much. For long messy boss fights, I just make sure the enemy is focussed on me, which makes healing during a fight much easier. He has more DPS than I do, so I let him take care of that side of things while I interrupt, CC, DoT and spam rifleshot.

Kaliyo was just too nasty, although I eventually gained a lot of satisfaction from her continued -1 disapproval. I learned to think of it in reverse - if I did or said something Kaliyo didn't like, I was doing something right!

To the crazy person who said Raina has a sexy accent (), try holding your nose while saying "Yes sir" in a silly, high voice. I can't bear to even send her on a mission in case I have to listen to even one obsequious, smug-sounding comment from her. Worse voice actor in the whole game, if you ask me.

Shame Doc isn't really compatible with my AC, as I find him just about the most interesting companion of the lot. And whoever voiced this guy? Now that's a voice actor. He only comes out to be presented with a gift, but his "Agent! You shouldn't have" makes me giggle evey time.

But yeah, Kaliyo is really, really horrible

Azzarr
02.06.2013 , 08:40 AM | #30
I know how you guys feel, honestly. I rolled 3 Agents but didn't get them to Alderaan cause I just really started to hate Kaliyo long before I reached Alderaan. But a while back I remembered playing KOTOR 2. Hating Kreia in my 2 or 3 first toons. But this all changed once I looked more into her, into what makes her tick, think and say what she says. I loved her after that and she became my favorite Companion EVER. I decided to take the same reasoning up with Kaliyo. RPing as her Long Lost Rattataki sister, and it just feels soo great now. I get +20 with her all the time ( upped the speech affection). If you closely watch how she speaks and acts, you learn to get the hang of it. In reality she isn't only that psychopath she pretends to be. Inside is a young girl, putting up a shield of confidence and crazyness. In one of the earlier conversations she lets this through. She pretends you hurted her, but if you choose to apologize you get a -1, if you choose to tell her you know she's lying, you get +20. I now RP my agent much like Kaliyo, responding as she would, acting as she would, and it fits quite perfectly. I'm the Agent who nobody can really understand. Cold hearted and able to do whatever is necessary to finish the job, no matter how many people die ( DS choice that kills a few people, but saves the bigger group usually.) and she's completely unpredictable. Keeper loves me for it, cause I'm the Agent he wants for the most important jobs, Kaliyo loves me cause I'm like her big sister who tells her to shut up and she likes it, only Watcher 2 seems a bit disturbed sometimes, but I can live with that,
Believe in the Force, and whenever it seems like there is no path, the Force will show you the way. Give yourself to it.. Do not use the Force, do not fight with it. Befriend it, accept it. And eventually, the Force will be your ally.