Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Kaliyo is a horrible companion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Kaliyo is a horrible companion

old_benn
01.02.2013 , 10:41 AM | #11
I'm playing my Agent much like the OP wants to: cut-and-dry silent professionalism, which of course Kaliyo hates.

I look at it this way: don't change your preferred answers to please Kaliyo. Answer the way you want to. If she doesn't like it, too bad for her. As others have pointed out, gifts make up for it anyway.
Jal-en 55 Guardian Kal-en 55 Gunslinger
Payd'n 55 Operative Boe'ba'fet 55 Powertech
Cr'sh'r 55 Marauder Kym'br'li 55 Sage
Aay'den 55 Commando Dom'n'ninz 55 Sorceror

_Darkstar
01.02.2013 , 10:51 AM | #12
Try being a BH and getting Blizz, he is so lovable that he has guilted me out of many DS points. Like my character grew a conscience after meeting him.
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!

Aerilas
01.02.2013 , 10:56 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by z-monty View Post
Kaliyo is.... hard to get used to. Of all the companions in the game, her affection is probably the most difficult to understand. She isn't really a black and white character where picking Dark Side will always gain/loose you affection. Like it was said, it more matters WHY you make your choices. If you play the in-line agent who always bows to superiors and the Sith, yeah she'll hate you. Personally, I didn't know how I was going to play my Agent at first, but once I got Kaliyo I was like 'I wanna do that'. She more fits the Agent that is mostly just out for himeslf and is using his job to mostly just state his lust of watching the world burn.

She's a sadistic, blood-thirsty, son of a rancor, but I freaking love her
I so disagree.
I only leveled 1 imperial agent, my operative.

EVERYTHING i seem to do makes her +15, +40. EVERY time.

I love me some sadistic *****es
Vis Fatalis
Caineghis (Sniper)
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Sanctioned
01.02.2013 , 12:17 PM | #14
I also hate Kaliyo with a passion. I made it a point to never use her but unfortunately the next companion after that is so incredibly dull and lifeless that I used Kaliyo until Lokin.
(Black Vulkars) Bastion: Dregs - 50 Operative , Dresni - 50 Assassin Fapmonster - 50 Vanguard
Shadowfire: Dregs - Spy | Ryuten - MPowers/MLS
Flurry: Ryushi - Rifleman/Creature Handler

islander
01.02.2013 , 12:44 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Sanctioned View Post
I also hate Kaliyo with a passion. I made it a point to never use her but unfortunately the next companion after that is so incredibly dull and lifeless that I used Kaliyo until Lokin.
I'm conflicted because as a sniper she's a solid meat shield, but yet I can't stand her. I just have to tolerate her so I do. My job is a lot easier when enemies are attacking her, even if I am constantly resummoning her because each fight she's down to 25-50% health.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

StevoPhilo
01.02.2013 , 01:29 PM | #16
Kaliyo who?

I'm sorry I'm too busy using Lokin and Temple.....

It didn't take long for me to figure out what she like and what she did after a few ESC presses.

Filo
01.03.2013 , 06:12 AM | #17
It's not hard to get affection with Kaliyo. Seriously.
Just make some sarcastic comments here and there and she'll love you.
Are you the ultimate idiot? Click here to find out!

islander
01.03.2013 , 07:47 AM | #18
I actually just tried out questing with Lokin, and it goes better then I expected. Adios, bish!

POPsi
01.03.2013 , 09:18 AM | #19
if you need a tank but hate Kalyio then use Scorpio, she's a pain to gear but not too bad overall.

islander
01.03.2013 , 09:48 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by POPsi View Post
if you need a tank but hate Kalyio then use Scorpio, she's a pain to gear but not too bad overall.
Yeah I will do that later, but can't acquire her yet. Level 36 now