Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel and marauder balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sentinel and marauder balance

NathanielStarr
01.01.2013 , 03:12 AM | #21
Well the prophesy of full teams of marauders/sentinels is almost true, just they bring their pet healers with them too. All the other DPS are just quaint especially in ranked warzones.

Genuine
01.01.2013 , 03:21 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
The biggest issue for me is their ability to jump targets. If the player tosses out abilities to control their distance or to get them off the player, they still get jumped 2 seconds later.
that could be said for the bouty hunter and sorcs drag
BIOWARE PLEASE RESPOND TO THIS THREAD Collectors edition vendor

macumba
01.01.2013 , 06:57 AM | #23
to all who think marauders and sentinels are fine:
how do you explain the over representation of the class ? it's just the style right ?
Just because you're not paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Anosa
01.01.2013 , 07:21 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by macumba View Post
to all who think marauders and sentinels are fine:
how do you explain the over representation of the class ? it's just the style right ?
i see a lot of them say their class is perfectly fine... i have to really disagree with this when i have seen pvp match after match of sentinel and marauder team mowing through people. If you stack any other classes like them the team will fail.
Meow

PoliteAssasin
01.01.2013 , 08:03 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
i see a lot of them say their class is perfectly fine... i have to really disagree with this when i have seen pvp match after match of sentinel and marauder team mowing through people. If you stack any other classes like them the team will fail.
Yeah stacking a team of powertechs would fail, same with snipers, operatives, assassins, need I continue? The class is fine as is. As someone said a darkness assassin (at least in dps gear) should not lose to a sentinel. As far as operatives/snipers, I've never really had an issue with them on my sent, but plenty of them claim to be able to kill us as well so you can probably add them to the list as well.Truth is any dps class if stacked can devastate in warzones. It isn't just marauders. People tend to do it with marauders because everyone wants to be lolsmash 1 button wonders.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

mulzii
01.01.2013 , 08:03 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
There are 3 pure tech/force specs in this game.

Sorcs -> no threat to a marauder in any spec. They do not have the sustained damage output to compete and marauders have significantly stronger overall defenses.
wow, just wow. In a 1v1 situation, a marauder is complete toast against my madness sorc. No competition, assuming we are at full strength and cds. I can hold him at bay with OL, CT, FS, ww electrocute, purge (for their dots), and UP and of course the bubble.. Pop reck, DF and let my 3 dots kill him off. If i time it right and hit him with ele before cloak, hes dead in about 10 secs.

Granted, killing them can be slow against really good ones, which gives their teammates time to jump in and help them out in a competent team. But 1v1 with all cds ready, I win the majority of the time against them (though as a madness sorc, i have no reason to be 1v1 against them if i'm playing like a good team mate)...

PoliteAssasin
01.01.2013 , 08:12 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by mulzii View Post
wow, just wow. In a 1v1 situation, a marauder is complete toast against my madness sorc. No competition, assuming we are at full strength and cds. I can hold him at bay with OL, CT, FS, ww electrocute, purge (for their dots), and UP and of course the bubble.. Pop reck, DF and let my 3 dots kill him off. If i time it right and hit him with ele before cloak, hes dead in about 10 secs.

Granted, killing them can be slow against really good ones, which gives their teammates time to jump in and help them out in a competent team. But 1v1 with all cds ready, I win the majority of the time against them (though as a madness sorc, i have no reason to be 1v1 against them if i'm playing like a good team mate)...
You're kidding right? We cut through sorcs like butter. o_0
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

JackNader
01.01.2013 , 08:15 AM | #28
I think he's fighting level 20 marauders or something in lowbie lol.

nokizaru
01.01.2013 , 08:38 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
There are 3 pure tech/force specs in this game.

Sorcs -> no threat to a marauder in any spec. They do not have the sustained damage output to compete and marauders have significantly stronger overall defenses.
That may be true for the majority of Sages/Sorcs out there, but in a hybrid or full Balance/Madness spec on my Sage and Sorc, I win most of my 1v1's vs Marauders/Sentinels. If you stay mobile and rotate your CC correctly, you have the tools to burn down a Mara/Sent in any spec. Most Sage/Sorc players I've seen stay rooted to the spot or simply don't know how to kite effectively. I've also managed to do it in full Telekinetics/Lightning...but it's decidedly more difficult.
Stop exploding you cowards!

mirosusan
01.01.2013 , 08:41 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by NathanielStarr View Post
Well the prophesy of full teams of marauders/sentinels is almost true, just they bring their pet healers with them too. All the other DPS are just quaint especially in ranked warzones.
Maybe we should stack some Operatives then - we wouldn't even need the healers.
DARTH VALL ILLUMI
FLYGIRL YVVES ILLUMI

SITH JUGGERNAUT & IMPERIAL OPERATIVE ON DE-JAR'KAI SWORD