Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sentinel and marauder balance

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Sentinel and marauder balance

Anosa
12.31.2012 , 03:49 PM | #1
These two classes really are in need of a balance for pvp. They are cutting through everyone in pvp and its causing a problem. What do you think can be done to fix these classes?
Meow

shojj
12.31.2012 , 03:51 PM | #2
They've got way too much defensive cooldowns imo
Hairless
Incognitous
Baldguyftw

Anosa
12.31.2012 , 03:52 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by shojj View Post
They've got way too much defensive cooldowns imo
The biggest issue for me is their ability to jump targets. If the player tosses out abilities to control their distance or to get them off the player, they still get jumped 2 seconds later.
Meow

Master-LC
12.31.2012 , 05:55 PM | #4
as a player who plays mainly meele on my sin who doesnt owns a gap closer except force speed i gues i have little problems with ranged opponents. Altough on my jugg and mara i rlly need the gap closer and btw you cant jump behind **** and cover so im fine with that aspect. They should nerd or remove undying rage or force camoeflage.

Master-LC
12.31.2012 , 05:55 PM | #5
nerf*

DarthXout
12.31.2012 , 06:01 PM | #6
I feel balanced, but thanks for the thought.
Prophecy of the Five
Dŕni - Dirty Scoundrel Fighter / Aloha - Combat Sentinel
Zivŕ - Lethality Operative
Have a nice day

Carter_Mathis
12.31.2012 , 06:05 PM | #7
Sentinels/Marauders get entirely embarrassed by Scoundrels, but finding a reliable scrapper to tear through them is pretty tough after all the nerfs to my class . With the amount of survivability that they have (30% aoe mitigation, Rebuke, Saber Ward, Force Camo, Guarded by the Force, Pacify, and Awe) they really do seem to have more survivability than tanks, while having some of the strongest output in the game.
Vasyel- Prime Defense- Scoundrel, Sage, Commando, Gunslinger, Guardian, Vanguard, Sentinel, Marauder

JackNader
12.31.2012 , 08:44 PM | #8
The ability that makes marauders overpowered virtually to almost every other class is actually "Obfuscation or Pacify."

What this talent does is lowers the targets ranged and melee attack accuracy by 90%.

In the beta marauders did not have cloak of pain. They were designed around the concept of mitigating damage by preventing the enemy from having an opportunity to damage them. Obfuscation was clunky ability and extremely difficult to use. This meant that marauders could only really depend on camo, saberward and undying rage as a means of mitigating damage. Marauders complained bitterly that the class was too squishy, and rightfully so. It WAS squishy in the beta! Bioware responded by giving the class cloak of pain. Several patches after launch Bioware also addressed the clunky nature of obfuscation allowing it to be applied instantly and not respect the global cooldown. This gave the marauder a significant edge over almost every other class.

In a 1v1 situation there is really only 1 class capable of beating down a marauder. That is a good scrapper scoundrel.

The reason is that a scoundrel can kite, combat exit, has a ****** opener, can easily strip away cloak of pain and does not have to deal with saberwards -50% defelection or obfuscation -90% accuracy debuff.

Snipers, Combust powertechs, marauders, juggernaughts and deception sins are heavily dependent on ranged / melee attacks.

A sins burst for instance is entirely maul. Maul is an expensive ability but it hits hard. This is why the class is given force regen for 6 seconds out of stealth. It''s designed to open up and set the pace of the fight by bursting down the opponents health. You can't do this vs a good marauder. All they have to do is obfuscate and your entire opening burst is gone. I have a big problem with this because a deception sins job is to burst down weakly guarded nodes and take them. Marauders are not tanks. They have no business of being able to mitigate the opening burst of a class with 1 ability.

When vs combust spec powertechs all they have to do is obfuscate when set on fire and the powertech loses the ability to railshot the target for 6 seconds.

When vsing jugs obfuscate grants them 4 free global. It works absolute wonders when you obfuscate their ravage and then ravage straight back.

Snipers probably have it the worst as they are very heavily ranged attack dependent. Obfuscation grants 4 free globals.

AngusFTW
12.31.2012 , 09:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JackNader View Post
The ability that makes marauders overpowered virtually to almost every other class is actually "Obfuscation or Pacify."

What this talent does is lowers the targets ranged and melee attack accuracy by 90%.

In the beta marauders did not have cloak of pain. They were designed around the concept of mitigating damage by preventing the enemy from having an opportunity to damage them. Obfuscation was clunky ability and extremely difficult to use. This meant that marauders could only really depend on camo, saberward and undying rage as a means of mitigating damage. Marauders complained bitterly that the class was too squishy, and rightfully so. It WAS squishy in the beta! Bioware responded by giving the class cloak of pain. Several patches after launch Bioware also addressed the clunky nature of obfuscation allowing it to be applied instantly and not respect the global cooldown. This gave the marauder a significant edge over almost every other class.

In a 1v1 situation there is really only 1 class capable of beating down a marauder. That is a good scrapper scoundrel.

The reason is that a scoundrel can kite, combat exit, has a ****** opener, can easily strip away cloak of pain and does not have to deal with saberwards -50% defelection or obfuscation -90% accuracy debuff.

Snipers, Combust powertechs, marauders, juggernaughts and deception sins are heavily dependent on ranged / melee attacks.

A sins burst for instance is entirely maul. Maul is an expensive ability but it hits hard. This is why the class is given force regen for 6 seconds out of stealth. It''s designed to open up and set the pace of the fight by bursting down the opponents health. You can't do this vs a good marauder. All they have to do is obfuscate and your entire opening burst is gone. I have a big problem with this because a deception sins job is to burst down weakly guarded nodes and take them. Marauders are not tanks. They have no business of being able to mitigate the opening burst of a class with 1 ability.

When vs combust spec powertechs all they have to do is obfuscate when set on fire and the powertech loses the ability to railshot the target for 6 seconds.

When vsing jugs obfuscate grants them 4 free global. It works absolute wonders when you obfuscate their ravage and then ravage straight back.

Snipers probably have it the worst as they are very heavily ranged attack dependent. Obfuscation grants 4 free globals.
shhh let the forum qqers believe that GBTF/UR is our "OP" defensive cooldown pls. Shame that half the fotm rerollers seem to waste it on sorcs.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd
55s.
Bleezar, Bleezár. Bleezlórd. Bleezard. Bleezford, Bleeznaut, Bleezfatt,
Lowbies
Bleezbian, Bleezguard, Bleezdian

vid
twitch

NathanielStarr
12.31.2012 , 09:31 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthXout View Post
I feel balanced, but thanks for the thought.
You must be terrible at PvP