Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Your take on The Sith Order and the Jedi Order!

YeIIow
01.04.2013 , 02:00 PM | #91
nice to see this has became such a popular debate over 2k views and 100+ comments already. Cheers i feel like a proud father.
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 02:24 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
nice to see this has became such a popular debate over 2k views and 100+ comments already. Cheers i feel like a proud father.
It will never be as long as the Kaggath: Sidious vs Vitiate - 350+ comments. Bwhahahahaha!

No but really, nice discussion. Now can we get back to the Kaggath! (I kid, I kid )

Surinen
01.04.2013 , 02:26 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
The Jedi Order is full of idiots serving a 'dumbicy'? No wonder the Republic has lasted so long. A corrupt system protected by a bunch of idiots, it must not have lasted very long! /sarcasm.

Masters of the Universe, eh? No wonder they've failed to conquer the universe! It's just a ploy to give the idiots some hope. /sarcasm...again.
unfortunately fiction of SW shows that democracy may survive even if its corrupted flawed and horrible ( after all simple folk like to think that they are white knights and whats the most important, that their decisions matter, 2 low life, not clever drunkards from the pits of Coruscant may outvote 1 highly intelligent senatore - who would believe that rulers would obey rules of democracy and not rule from the shadows ? no one, even slightly sane )

well, we wont see a homicidal "bad guys" actually win, rules of marketing and image. but simply their ideals and the way they approach problems is the most progressive so as much as rationalism as logic function it makes them masters in my opinion

and to someone above, I wont even start longer discussion because of forum rules. democracy = corruption
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

MasterMe
01.04.2013 , 02:35 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
It will never be as long as the Kaggath: Sidious vs Vitiate - 350+ comments. Bwhahahahaha!

No but really, nice discussion. Now can we get back to the Kaggath! (I kid, I kid )
It will never trump my Respect Revan thread!!

lol let's try to forget that thread of mine... please.....

MasterMe
01.04.2013 , 02:36 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Surinen View Post
unfortunately fiction of SW shows that democracy may survive even if its corrupted flawed and horrible

well, we wont see a homicidal "bad guys" actually win, rules of marketing and image. but simply their ideals and the way they approach problems is the most progressive so as much as rationalism as logic function it makes them masters in my opinion

and to someone above, I wont even start longer discussion because of forum rules. democracy = corruption
Sure, there is corruption in democracy (just like everything else...), but you said is was the dumbest thing ever. If that's not a exaduration, then nothing is.

Surinen
01.04.2013 , 02:40 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Sure, there is corruption in democracy (just like everything else...), but you said is was the dumbest thing ever. If that's not a exaduration, then nothing is.
it is the dumbest thing that ever existed, that treats people as if they are equal and people are not equal, never were and probably never will be, unless someone increase intellectual capacity and many other values in the rest of human/alien population and even then it would be bad because democracy leads to a total economical corruption Monarchy is thousand times better
Aperture Science. We do what we must, because we can. For the good of all of us- Except the ones who are dead.

ScarletBlaze
01.04.2013 , 02:49 PM | #97
The Sith Order and the Jedi Order both have their good points and bad points. Neither is perfect and neither is always wrong.

The jedi tend to shy away from things they are unsure of (such as love, romance,) thinking it's better to try to limit or stop people from loving than acutally helping them understand their emotions and how to deal with them as individuals.

Some jedi think they know everything and are unwilling to listen. Now some are there just trying to help and some will tell you they don't understand why thing happen. They basically try to help and some will do what they can to make things better.

Sith think reacting in their anger is best even though they tend to overreact in things. The sith also don't understand some things as well (love and romance for one) . They see it as a weakness when it is far from the case. It can be stronger than the force depending on the ones involved.

Some sith think they are right about everything and if you disagree they get angry and react out of their anger. Most of the time when you react out of anger you are going to give your enemy an opening to strike.

I actually think if you take parts of the jedi foundation and some of the parts of the sith foundation you might actually find a set of force users that actually learn how to take their differences and work toghether instead of trying to tear each other apart.

But good luck in that. Both sides can be stubborn.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 02:53 PM | #98
unfortunately fiction of SW shows that democracy may survive even if its corrupted flawed and horrible ( after all simple folk like to think that they are white knights and whats the most important, that their decisions matter, 2 low life, not clever drunkards from the pits of Coruscant may outvote 1 highly intelligent senatore - who would believe that rulers would obey rules of democracy and not rule from the shadows ? no one, even slightly sane )

That's all well and good but the Jedi keep people happy, the Sith do not. Therefore they are doomed to eventually fail as their citizens do not like them. Fear can only keep people in line for so long. Approaching problems practically and rationally is all good and well too, but at what cost? At the cost of the people they are supposed to serve and protect? Seems counter-intuitive to me, what's the point in 'progress' if the people supposed to be benefiting, suffer.

And you'll find the Galactic Empire was far more corrupt than the Republic ever was. Because all power was centralized around one person, and any objections to the Rule were silenced, and all atrocious acts covered up. After all, who lied and decieved their people more? The Empire or the Republic? It's a no brainer, the Empire was built on a lie: that the Emperor is "good".

Surinen
01.04.2013 , 03:08 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
That's all well and good but the Jedi keep people happy, the Sith do not. Therefore they are doomed to eventually fail as their citizens do not like them. Fear can only keep people in line for so long. Approaching problems practically and rationally is all good and well too, but at what cost? At the cost of the people they are supposed to serve and protect? Seems counter-intuitive to me, what's the point in 'progress' if the people supposed to be benefiting, suffer.

And you'll find the Galactic Empire was far more corrupt than the Republic ever was. Because all power was centralized around one person, and any objections to the Rule were silenced, and all atrocious acts covered up. After all, who lied and decieved their people more? The Empire or the Republic? It's a no brainer, the Empire was built on a lie: that the Emperor is "good".
Siths or Jedi should not be to make anyone happy but themselves. Sith Code is very much similar to a pure way of capitalism with its brutal moments that shape markets and make people wear nice shoes.

citizens of the empire are to serve, not Siths. also fear works infinitely, you just change a form of fear and people will follow, good deeds are easily forgotten, but fear holds its grisp firm, thats how government operates, by feeding people with state of danger

Empire allows a lot of personal freedom, there is a free market, so whats else to seek for. Of course that opposition that has some ridiculous "equal" desires should be silenced and dumped into the void. Empire protects its citizens as much as it is possible but if they are needed for experiments or other vital operations then I dont see any problem in it. Emperor is good, of course he has his dream about unmaking everything but while he is trying to achiev it, his Empire is ruled in a rather fine manner. There is a little info about Emperor's actions but Dark Council seems to make a good job, of course there are power plays, as they are everywhere and few dozen of people die, sometimes hundreds, but what are those sacrifices in comparison to the huge human resources of the Empire. in fact most of the violence comes fromm those who would like to fight for silly ideas, they are rebellious so they die, simply as that

Beniboybling
01.04.2013 , 03:46 PM | #100
Siths or Jedi should not be to make anyone happy but themselves. Sith Code is very much similar to a pure way of capitalism with its brutal moments that shape markets and make people wear nice shoes.

citizens of the empire are to serve, not Siths. also fear works infinitely, you just change a form of fear and people will follow, good deeds are easily forgotten, but fear holds its grisp firm, thats how government operates, by feeding people with state of danger

Empire allows a lot of personal freedom, there is a free market, so whats else to seek for. Of course that opposition that has some ridiculous "equal" desires should be silenced and dumped into the void. Empire protects its citizens as much as it is possible but if they are needed for experiments or other vital operations then I dont see any problem in it. Emperor is good, of course he has his dream about unmaking everything but while he is trying to achiev it, his Empire is ruled in a rather fine manner. There is a little info about Emperor's actions but Dark Council seems to make a good job, of course there are power plays, as they are everywhere and few dozen of people die, sometimes hundreds, but what are those sacrifices in comparison to the huge human resources of the Empire. in fact most of the violence comes fromm those who would like to fight for silly ideas, they are rebellious so they die, simply as that
Your clearly insane or delusional, or both. And for the record I meant the Galactic Empire, not the Sith Empire. The Galactic Empire is corrupt, period. They do everything a corrupt government would do: bribe, use fear, silence there enemies, rub out any atrocities they may have committed, and work only for themselves. So pray tell me, what's wrong with a corrupt Republic? You seem to advocate corruption, so why don't you support it?

And again, I repeat myself. What's the point in the Empire if it doesn't make its citizens happy? Isn't that the point? To make its citizens prosper, feel safe and be happy? (If not, then what is?) Yes a select few prosper but most don't, they are most certainly not happy and they certainly don't feel safe. Not in the slightest, what with the whole fear campaign going on. Sure it makes nice ships and lots and lots of money/materials etc. but what's the point of that? Isn't the point of life happiness? Well these guys seemed pretty happy when the Emperor died (jump to 0:43), so I guess the only way to achieve the purpose of human existence is too exterminate all Sith, including you :P

Madness, utter madness.