Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Forced to Go Sorcerer Hybrid

mrekxxx
01.02.2013 , 12:00 PM | #31
why ppl still try to play sorc as dsp? play healer, its great healing class and ppl will love you

no point play useless dps when you can take pytorech, marauder or assasin ...

just adapt, sorcerer = healer ... i play only healer, its easy and fun

orryko
01.02.2013 , 12:56 PM | #32
Inc wall of text. No TLDR except you are bad, stop whining.

I've stayed silent for a long time, but the amount of awful is finally forcing me to cave...

You are NOT relegated to any kind of hybrid spec if you're a good player. Everyone who posts complaining about sorcs, is BAD, plain and simple. I'm a 2k+ rated full lightning sorc. I average 400-500k per match, regardless of map, with a normal wz high of 860k and rated at 830k. My burst is incredible, 4-5k thundering blasts on any target, with my highest chain lightning so far at 5909. Assuming I'm not taunted or a target doesn't have defensive cooldowns up, I can drop 8-10K on someone within 2 secs, fully geared or not. Even in a worse case scenario where my chain lightning doesn't crit, I still hit someone for over 5k in that burst. My lightning strike also averages between 1100-2200 depending on target and crit.

The problem is, most of you s-key, keyboard turn, and click. You don't know how to kite. You don't know how to gear. You don't play with anyone good because you aren't good enough for them to play with you.

Can it be frustrating to play solo when you come against a premade who knows you and focuses you? Of course. Even when that happens, I still get mine. Solo queue is based on luck sometimes of who your teammates are. If you still can't at least dominate damage boards, then you just aren't good, plain and simple.

This was my rated team I ran with, and yes we ran after all the patches that changed any kind of class abilities...

Lightning Sorc - Me 7/32/2 spec
31 Madness Sorc
2 Pt Pyros
1 Mara - 19/22 or 18/23 anni/carnage hybrid...was our buff bot and solo node defender...never lost a node
1 tank sin....used offensively
1 healing sorc....27/12/2 spec....not even bubble stun!
1 healing merc...omg a merc nowai

Did I play with an unconventional comp that helped me succeed more? Yes, but at the same time...look at the classes and specs we played with...if you are an amazing player, you can make anything work. My personal record is 104-10 since I didn't have as much playtime. Everyone else on the team ranges in rating from 2200-3k. When I wasn't available they used a lethality sniper in my place.

Poster JBDSooner is right...if they buff our damage 15% then people like me will be jesus mode. I know Depreva who posts a lot here too...he is a great dps sorc who could play on a rated team if he wanted...hell he could even fill the 31 madness role with my guild if he wanted...my feeling is he just likes to stir the pot.

1v1 you should never lose to a smasher (excluding rare cases of amazing ones). Smashers only hurt when there are 2 or 3 at a time on you...but then, what is your team doing? If you're solo...what do you expect?

The arguments of, omg you can just take a pt or whoever instead of a sorc....true, I could do more damage on a pt if I wanted to...but I like playing on my sorc!! You guys act like there are more than a handful of great players per class per server...there aren't!! Stacking 4 pt pyros for a rated team would be impossible since the few great ones are spread out among guilds. If you think every smasher is good or too hard to beat, YOU ARE BAD.

I know most of this will fall on deaf ears because the problem with mmo players is that all of them think they are amazing and people like me are just an anomaly. The truth is, I see hundreds of sorcs and sages while doing warzones...almost all s key, don't know what to interrupt, and don't dispel themselves. Also positioning...the key to being a great sorc is positioning, and I know for a fact the majority of you are bad at that. Gearing also...DO NOT attempt lightning sorc if you are under 900 bonus damage...you will not put out enough pressure. As someone said in a previous post, 31 madness is the best spec to learn on as a sorc for kiting purposes. Once you can 1v1 the majority of good melee on your server, you are ready for lightning.

Oh and stats for those curious...1249 exp, 975 bonus damage, 30% crit, 75% surge, 8.44% alacrity (which makes lightning strike under 1.1 secs when you pop the alacrity buff as well as a base thundering blast of 1.8 secs) and I augment willpower.

I guess I should include my ideas for buffs too...I think there are a couple things that could be added to make the average sorc more desirable for rated:

For lightning spec high up in the tree: Purge - removes all defensive buffs from a target including guard. 2 or 3 min cooldown. Might be a little overpowered, but at the same time makes the teams more tactical in certain situations.

Madness spec needs some kind of drain life/force ability high up in the tree, not the pathetic excuse they have for the dot healing now.

I think each tree should get some type of aura too, much like the armors for priests in wow. There could be an armor aura, speed increase aura, and even a life drain aura. Each tree gets a different one high up in their talent tree.

Defensively, add an ice-block type ability or something that greatly increases our defense at cost to offense.

And before you criticize my alts...deception sin, concealment op, carnage mara =)

SoonerJBD
01.02.2013 , 01:26 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Ghost_Spectre View Post
Can you be more insulting with this type of Bovine Excrement? You assume I do not know how to play. You know what ASSUME means right? If all you are going to offer is insults about L2FP, then don't bother engaging.
If you don't want to hear "l2p," then l2p. If you come on the forums and constantly whine about how awful sorcs are, I have to assume you don't know how to play a sorc because I know how to play a sorc and can do so in warzones quite competently. When you make absolute statements about how terrible the class is, expect to hear l2p because it isn't nearly as bad as you make it sound.

SoonerJBD
01.02.2013 , 01:30 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by fungihoujo View Post
Every time you talk about how you beat other classes- you seem to be talking about people who don't know how to play. Sure, of course most of us can beat bad players- and given time I can beat a lot of good players of other classes 1v1 too.
No, I just know how to play my class, which is why I'm not on here whining constantly about how sorcs can't compete in warzones. I compete in warzones quite well with both a sorc and a sage. Is it easier to compete as a marauder? Sure. And we could certainly use a slight buff here and there. But these constant qq threads about how much DPS sorcs suck get old. If you can't compete as a sorc, roll a derp-smash maruader. Many of us are quite happy with the way our class plays and can do so without Bioware making us needlessly overpowered.

Laforet
01.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by orryko View Post
Inc wall of text. No TLDR except you are bad, stop whining.

I've stayed silent for a long time, but the amount of awful is finally forcing me to cave...

You are NOT relegated to any kind of hybrid spec if you're a good player. Everyone who posts complaining about sorcs, is BAD, plain and simple. I'm a 2k+ rated full lightning sorc. I average 400-500k per match, regardless of map, with a normal wz high of 860k and rated at 830k. My burst is incredible, 4-5k thundering blasts on any target, with my highest chain lightning so far at 5909. Assuming I'm not taunted or a target doesn't have defensive cooldowns up, I can drop 8-10K on someone within 2 secs, fully geared or not. Even in a worse case scenario where my chain lightning doesn't crit, I still hit someone for over 5k in that burst. My lightning strike also averages between 1100-2200 depending on target and crit.

The problem is, most of you s-key, keyboard turn, and click. You don't know how to kite. You don't know how to gear. You don't play with anyone good because you aren't good enough for them to play with you.

Can it be frustrating to play solo when you come against a premade who knows you and focuses you? Of course. Even when that happens, I still get mine. Solo queue is based on luck sometimes of who your teammates are. If you still can't at least dominate damage boards, then you just aren't good, plain and simple.

This was my rated team I ran with, and yes we ran after all the patches that changed any kind of class abilities...

Lightning Sorc - Me 7/32/2 spec
31 Madness Sorc
2 Pt Pyros
1 Mara - 19/22 or 18/23 anni/carnage hybrid...was our buff bot and solo node defender...never lost a node
1 tank sin....used offensively
1 healing sorc....27/12/2 spec....not even bubble stun!
1 healing merc...omg a merc nowai

Did I play with an unconventional comp that helped me succeed more? Yes, but at the same time...look at the classes and specs we played with...if you are an amazing player, you can make anything work. My personal record is 104-10 since I didn't have as much playtime. Everyone else on the team ranges in rating from 2200-3k. When I wasn't available they used a lethality sniper in my place.

Poster JBDSooner is right...if they buff our damage 15% then people like me will be jesus mode. I know Depreva who posts a lot here too...he is a great dps sorc who could play on a rated team if he wanted...hell he could even fill the 31 madness role with my guild if he wanted...my feeling is he just likes to stir the pot.

1v1 you should never lose to a smasher (excluding rare cases of amazing ones). Smashers only hurt when there are 2 or 3 at a time on you...but then, what is your team doing? If you're solo...what do you expect?

The arguments of, omg you can just take a pt or whoever instead of a sorc....true, I could do more damage on a pt if I wanted to...but I like playing on my sorc!! You guys act like there are more than a handful of great players per class per server...there aren't!! Stacking 4 pt pyros for a rated team would be impossible since the few great ones are spread out among guilds. If you think every smasher is good or too hard to beat, YOU ARE BAD.

I know most of this will fall on deaf ears because the problem with mmo players is that all of them think they are amazing and people like me are just an anomaly. The truth is, I see hundreds of sorcs and sages while doing warzones...almost all s key, don't know what to interrupt, and don't dispel themselves. Also positioning...the key to being a great sorc is positioning, and I know for a fact the majority of you are bad at that. Gearing also...DO NOT attempt lightning sorc if you are under 900 bonus damage...you will not put out enough pressure. As someone said in a previous post, 31 madness is the best spec to learn on as a sorc for kiting purposes. Once you can 1v1 the majority of good melee on your server, you are ready for lightning.

Oh and stats for those curious...1249 exp, 975 bonus damage, 30% crit, 75% surge, 8.44% alacrity (which makes lightning strike under 1.1 secs when you pop the alacrity buff as well as a base thundering blast of 1.8 secs) and I augment willpower.

I guess I should include my ideas for buffs too...I think there are a couple things that could be added to make the average sorc more desirable for rated:

For lightning spec high up in the tree: Purge - removes all defensive buffs from a target including guard. 2 or 3 min cooldown. Might be a little overpowered, but at the same time makes the teams more tactical in certain situations.

Madness spec needs some kind of drain life/force ability high up in the tree, not the pathetic excuse they have for the dot healing now.

I think each tree should get some type of aura too, much like the armors for priests in wow. There could be an armor aura, speed increase aura, and even a life drain aura. Each tree gets a different one high up in their talent tree.

Defensively, add an ice-block type ability or something that greatly increases our defense at cost to offense.

And before you criticize my alts...deception sin, concealment op, carnage mara =)
All this big talk about taking lightning to rateds, bursting thundering blast, etc

What friggin server is this i wanna rerrol there.
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

orryko
01.02.2013 , 03:07 PM | #36
pot5

always willing to queue with good players, send me or anyone in brutalize a tell

islander
01.02.2013 , 03:07 PM | #37
Hey OP, if you really want to stay with that 21/20 build, might I suggest giving up those will of the sith points and putting them into oppressing force instead for the 10 second stun CD reduction.

Also, i wonder about convection over induction, as lightning strike is terrible if its not instacast proc'd by Wrath and you wont be using thundering.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Devinia-Hex
01.02.2013 , 03:10 PM | #38
I agree Laforet that must be the largest population of keyboard turners in STWOR. You should never loose vs a smash user in 1 v1? On my server even as heals there are ones hitting for 7k you have 1 CC breaker and a bubble that will absorb about 3.5 -4k damage regardless if you spec bubble stun which is a gimp spec for dps.

You try that spec on my server they will clean you off their boot in under 13 seconds. They spec nothing but power and surge They don't need alacrity they don't need crit they can stack nothing but POWER and SURGE because they can auto crit you and while they are waiting for it they other abilities to trap you and cc you. You have no healing that they can't punch through in 1 move. if you had bubble up previous to their attack you would like get a second 1 up and die before the third one ever came of debuff.

The only way to beat those classes 1v1 is as a heal spec because you need the extra armor the quicker bubble the self heals, the sprint to free you of their snares and roots and just wither them and kite them down. 2 of them and you will die to many traps and cc's for a sorc to get away from if they have half a brain. If you can solo every juggernaut Marauder on your server then you have a lot of bads there.
Dashara Bergen Colony Devinia Hex The Bastion

orryko
01.02.2013 , 03:24 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Devinia-Hex View Post
I agree Laforet that must be the largest population of keyboard turners in STWOR. You should never loose vs a smash user in 1 v1? On my server even as heals there are ones hitting for 7k you have 1 CC breaker and a bubble that will absorb about 3.5 -4k damage regardless if you spec bubble stun which is a gimp spec for dps.

You try that spec on my server they will clean you off their boot in under 13 seconds. They spec nothing but power and surge They don't need alacrity they don't need crit they can stack nothing but POWER and SURGE because they can auto crit you and while they are waiting for it they other abilities to trap you and cc you. You have no healing that they can't punch through in 1 move. if you had bubble up previous to their attack you would like get a second 1 up and die before the third one ever came of debuff.

The only way to beat those classes 1v1 is as a heal spec because you need the extra armor the quicker bubble the self heals, the sprint to free you of their snares and roots and just wither them and kite them down. 2 of them and you will die to many traps and cc's for a sorc to get away from if they have half a brain. If you can solo every juggernaut Marauder on your server then you have a lot of bads there.
Yes our server is full of bads (see my statement about bads thinking they're amazing and therefore if they perform badly they must need buffs). What is your rating again? If you want to see me in action, come over to pot5 and i'll show you what a good sorc can do. Oh, and lol at needing sprint to break their snares when you can dispel force crush. Stay small.

warstory
01.02.2013 , 04:18 PM | #40
Ok so for the sake of argument how are u getting 5k crits obviously you have min maxed your gear so share