Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvP Quiters


rhakoth's Avatar


rhakoth
01.02.2013 , 03:53 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by MachoLL View Post
I can't keep helping the endless stream of new recruits, no matter how much I wan't it. Fact is that I would be using my time on losing almost every warzone that I where playing. I play for the competition and the fun, but with that amount of recruits it removes the competition and the warzone ends up being a mess with the half team defending and the other half running around in the middle of nowhere and getting slaughtered. I know it is out of the recruits hands, but it is as well out of ours. What are the point in helping them to lose? With that amount of recruits we need some pretty bada.ss dps to even stand a bare chance of defending our only node. They lose pretty much no matter we're there or not.
Either way, it still doesn't erase the fact that once people helped you and now you aren't bothered to help them now. For your sake I hope you are never on the receiving end of that attitude.

MachoLL's Avatar


MachoLL
01.02.2013 , 04:23 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by rhakoth View Post
Either way, it still doesn't erase the fact that once people helped you and now you aren't bothered to help them now. For your sake I hope you are never on the receiving end of that attitude.
Lol the one helping me where myself, and I never said I ain't helping anyone. But nothing can erase the fact that you cant help a team with too many recruits no matter what you do. How helpfull do you consider, helping them to lose are? If there is 1 recruit I would never leave the warzone because that is simply to silly. It aint first time I let a recruit join a pre-made to help him/her get war hero gear fast. The only thing that happens if I decide to stay (in a warzone with too many recruits) is that I lose, they don't notice a difference. And if I ever should start playing on a new server and be the victim to this, I would deal with it. I know how pvp works and I do not like it being that way but I cannot change it. I would never blame the one quitting the warzone due to this reason no matter if I where the reason. I do hope that this gab will be removed, and have always supported any person that I have noticed trying to put a solution on this problem.

rhakoth's Avatar


rhakoth
01.02.2013 , 04:33 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by MachoLL View Post
Lol the one helping me where myself, and I never said I ain't helping anyone. But nothing can erase the fact that you cant help a team with too many recruits no matter what you do. How helpfull do you consider, helping them to lose are? If there is 1 recruit I would never leave the warzone because that is simply to silly. It aint first time I let a recruit join a pre-made to help him/her get war hero gear fast. The only thing that happens if I decide to stay (in a warzone with too many recruits) is that I lose, they don't notice a difference. And if I ever should start playing on a new server and be the victim to this, I would deal with it. I know how pvp works and I do not like it being that way but I cannot change it. I would never blame the one quitting the warzone due to this reason no matter if I where the reason. I do hope that this gab will be removed, and have always supported any person that I have noticed trying to put a solution on this problem.
I see your point but I just don't agree with it. Looks like you and I just have different opinions on what an MMO and pvp is all about. Just remember though - The person you ditch due to gear is the teammate who will remember later on.

Take care.

MoldyDaBear's Avatar


MoldyDaBear
01.02.2013 , 05:31 AM | #64
i have quit a couple of PvP matches, but the main reason is simple, i have seen hackers who hit you for 10k points of damage when they are at level 21 and your in all purples at level 45, having a member of the opposing guild on yours ( its obvious when someone is giving information to the opposing team when you say there is one at mid your going to cap it and 6 people break off of a snow attack and go to protect mid when they are near capping leaving one member there who gets destroyed. seen it happen multiple times, even had it happen with my guild, though we fight for fun like we arent in the same guild) or capping turrets in novare coast before the match has started, something is wrong (yes i have reported it and i havent seen some of these people around soon after) and im not going to sit in a WZ for ten minutes with people who are obviously hacking the game. im just going to do a report and move on. you cant blame someone for not wanting to PvP with or against people who obviously cheat. while a debuff is probably needed, it shouldnt be 3 hours, maybe 5 minutes or so to keep someone from leaving and auto requeing to get a different set of opponents and adding a report enemy/ally player button so when someone is cheating, it brings it to BW attention before going to a general staff member who just forwards it.

mattycutts's Avatar


mattycutts
01.02.2013 , 06:52 AM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Nodulo View Post
In a nutshell for me, this and I completely understand those that do for gear discrepancy. The other issues I try to help folks understand and become better.
Although, I'm one of those that really wont leave regardless of peoples gear, score or attitudes.
Well said.

I tok will never quit a warzone. I will inspect who is poor geared and who is well geared try to help them and if im in a team full of proper aweful players inc those that choose not to respond to english in opps channel and find my own mini victory within a aweful match be it i find there most deadliest player and ill focus that person all match (where its impossible for me to complete the objectives).

i think perhaps as a work around extend start time of game, give u longer to decide if its a team to stick with or not and leave if u choose but then if u choose to leave during match u have penalty of some kind. This will not effect where it shows a player as disconnected and for those with real life problems the time penalty too wont effect them since they busy with real life.

Thing that actually makes me laugh at some of the wanna be pvp gods is some of them matches ive seen them leave turned out to be some of the best pvp ive had in this game where it was not a walk over either way and was close to the last second.

Perhaps where a game sees multiple people leave throughout a match should either be ended or something coz there the matches u really can not win when ya team changing constantly lol

Briljin's Avatar


Briljin
01.02.2013 , 07:44 AM | #66
You can have the "deserter" debuff once they update the queue system. I would like the ability to not join a game in progress (or at the very least TELL ME IT IS IN PROGRESS so I can pass if I want a new game), the ability to not queue for certain WZs and a working vote kick system.

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
01.02.2013 , 07:53 AM | #67
I have a pre-determined list of certain conditions that will cause me to leave a WZ. Nothing in the game will make me change that list.
I play this game as a form of enjoyment. If I decide to do some PvP then I like to go into a game knowing that I could win, I could lose. In this situation you'll find my playing my heart out until the end. Be it a win or a lose that doesn't matter. It was an enjoyable game and the whole reason I play this game has been met.
If however the "certain" conditions are met then I'm afraid this is no longer enjoyable and then it is time to leave the zone.
Sometimes I queue again, maybe the team just didn't understand the zone. Maybe that pre-made was just one of a few teams the opposition currently has queued.
If however the second zone end sin much the same way then I wont bother re-queuing, I'll come back when the zones are likely to be fun again.

Talvathir's Avatar


Talvathir
01.02.2013 , 08:51 AM | #68
Hows about when you quit, you get a window on your screen where you can give a reason for why you quit, then that reason is in-game mailed to the other 7 ppl that was in the WZ with you, and they in turn have 2 checkboxes, 1 for "yeah this seems legit and I remember that guy, he did good, I'm ok with him leaving" and the other ofc being "hell no, he's an idiot". If you decline to give a reason when you quit, you automatically choose option 2 and get a 6hr ban from WZ:s, but if 4 or more ppl think you're ok, nothing happens. After 2 hours the game chooses option 1 for anyone that hasnt responded to the mail so noone is banned just because a bunch of ppl cant be bothered to read their mail. During those 2 hours there should ofc be no action taken so you dont first get a 2h ban for what turned out to be nothing.

This is probably a crappy idea, because everyone will select "hell no" and the quitter will get the ban 99 times out of 99, but I thought I'd share the idea anyways.

Sylvatica's Avatar


Sylvatica
01.02.2013 , 08:54 AM | #69
Sorry, but it's my right to quit a WZ when my team refuses to play and camp turret/bunker/what ever..
when doing pvp you guys/girls should know there is an oppertunity to face premades! And because you've being 2capped at let's say 300 my team 400other team, things are NOT lost, even when you're facing a premade! I've had it with these ppl telling 'I'm just doing daily, cba pvp'.. Well please, don't do pvp! You are ruining it for loads of ppl!

so, when I stumble upon this, being my team refuses to play because of an enemy premade, I quit!
However I do not quit wz when facing premades.. I find it hard training ^^
PvP is fun, keep it that way! =) I hate 'quiters'

let's pvp
Chuundar PVP EU
Fus Ro Dah =

To-le's Avatar


To-le
01.02.2013 , 09:06 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
I have a pre-determined list of certain conditions that will cause me to leave a WZ. Nothing in the game will make me change that list.
I play this game as a form of enjoyment. If I decide to do some PvP then I like to go into a game knowing that I could win, I could lose. In this situation you'll find my playing my heart out until the end. Be it a win or a lose that doesn't matter. It was an enjoyable game and the whole reason I play this game has been met.
If however the "certain" conditions are met then I'm afraid this is no longer enjoyable and then it is time to leave the zone.
Sometimes I queue again, maybe the team just didn't understand the zone. Maybe that pre-made was just one of a few teams the opposition currently has queued.
If however the second zone end sin much the same way then I wont bother re-queuing, I'll come back when the zones are likely to be fun again.
I feel the same way. I always pvp later in the evening and I know if I see 2 or more peeps with 14k health in my group, leave now. For the most part this is when there are lots of 4 man premades queueing and even peeps in ranked queueing for regs while they wait. Throw in 1 of the remaining 6 has pve gear on and your team is done. You will not be able to overcome the bads and win. These are always the matches were my team gets 3 capped/rolled. Bottom line is it is not fun.

And don't even get me started on when a full ranked team pops together for a regular wz.