Solo End Game Based on Your Class!

karlkahn

So I had this interesting idea I had earlier while reading some of the other suggestions on the forums.

So I'm sitting here thinking, what would be fun to have in the game to do after hitting 50? Pod Racing? Swoop/STAP Racing? Pazaak? Those are all fun options and should definitely be in the game, but how about something completely unique that no one has really attempted before? Class Specific Daily Missions.

I know what you're thinking, you saw the word Daily and you cringed, so how about this: Class Specific Weekly Challenges!

The premise is simple, based on your class, you would have a weekly challenge that you could do to earn some extra credits, maybe a few BH Comms, or even a Cartel Pack! These would be class specific and tailor themselves to your specialty. You will find these missions each week on your ship, at the same place you get your space missions! For example:

Bounty Hunter

Wanted!

You will be given three random NPC targets to kill. They will be level 50, most likely Elites, possibly Champion level. Each one will be on a different planet, and have a different spawn location. In the Mission Briefing you will be given a clue or two about each target's location. To give you an example...

Jedi Master Centar - A fierce and powerful Jedi Knight, he helped to lead the Green Jedi in their assault to take back Corellia. While he has always served the Jedi faithfully, he has also taken a liking to odd creatures from across the galaxy. He is a threat, and he must be stopped, the bounty on Master Centar will be hefty.

From that description, and maybe it's a bit too easy, you can discern he will most likely be on Corellia, and near the Zoo area. So your task for the week is to hunt down these three random targets, kill them, and then collect your bounty on them. Each week will be a different set of three, and they will always have different spawn locations, and they can be killed by anyone who comes across them. Maybe put a 5-10 minute respawn timer on them.

Trooper

We Need Backup!

As a Trooper, you will receive a priority mission each week to assist and provide backup to a squad of soldiers somewhere in the galaxy. This would require a bit more design work than the aforementioned Bounty Hunter Mission, but it shouldn't be much of a problem. Create a new instance area for the Trooper on each planet, to provide the area for the incursion. Have a squad of Republic troops under fire and you must go in and assist them, backing them up, helping them with an objective or two, and then finally taking out an Imperial Commander or a Sith Lord. Ex.

Havoc Squad, this is a priority message from General Garza: One of our detachments has run into trouble on what was supposed to be a routine recon mission on Hoth. They have discovered that Imperial forces are raiding several ships in the Starship Graveyard for Republic technology. We cannot allow this to happen, please report to Hoth immediately and provide assistance to our soldiers, stop the Imperials, and recover our technology at all costs!

And then you would have to fly to Hoth, locate the area, enter, and provide assistance. The potential for this could be pretty good as well, you could have some heavy companion interaction in the cut scenes and whatnot, something similar to the Gauntlet mission. Would be a bit harder to randomize, but it would still be fun.

Jedi Knight's could have several different random missions each week. Maybe one to locate a specific Sith Lord and attempt to bring him back to the council and turn him to the Light side, or assisting the Republic Military in some way, since the Knight storyline has quite a bit of involvement with the Military.

Smugglers would be fun, you could have a different cargo that the Republic needs you to secure, retrieve, and deliver each week.

Jedi Consulars could have a mix of missions varying from hunting down a rare Jedi artifact, to infiltrating a Sith compound.

The possibilities would be limitless, and it is something that can be easily expanded on as the game progresses, what do you guys think?

The rewards would be something like 100,000 credits, 5 Black Hole Commendations (or whatever the new relevant Commendation is), 20 Daily Commendations and your choice of a Cartel Pack or 50 Cartel Coins.

Note, these missions would not be intended to be faceroll, they would be difficult solo challenges that would take some thought to complete. Considering that they would be tailored to your specific class, there could be a lot of mechanics that you have to deal with using your unique abilities.

Yes please, on two condition:

1) that it is simply not possible to group up for these missions, so you caouldn't bring any help other than your companions

2) That this weekly challenge would take at least 3 hours, yet be doable by ANY lvl 50, regardless of gear. Don't ask me how, make the players wear some other gear, scale their gear to fit the challenge, scale the challenge to fit their gear, anything. But it should be a challenge to those who didn't get anything better than their free Tionese or crafted gear as well as to those in gear from the top Operations, they shouldn't be able to get carried through by merrit of their gear either.

I would love to see something like this that is story driven and class specific. though I agree that the instance should scale to the player character's gear (W/O the ability to swap to a higher level of gear after entering the instance.)

I ALSO think it'd be GREAT to have a HARD MODE VERSION where you could take not just one companion, but all of them (or at least 3 to 'full group' size.) I find it really sad that most players only run with one favorite companion, and sometimes a second favorite companion, usually the one that does them the most good. In example, as a Sith Warrior (Marauder) I tend to run with Quinn, for his heals. Sometimes I will run with Jaesa, just because I love (Dark) Jaesa. But I hardly ever use Vette, Pierce, or Broonmark, because I simply have no use for them.

I would love to see something like this that is story driven and class specific. though I agree that the instance should scale to the player character's gear (W/O the ability to swap to a higher level of gear after entering the instance.)

I ALSO think it'd be GREAT to have a HARD MODE VERSION where you could take not just one companion, but all of them (or at least 3 to 'full group' size.) I find it really sad that most players only run with one favorite companion, and sometimes a second favorite companion, usually the one that does them the most good. In example, as a Sith Warrior (Marauder) I tend to run with Quinn, for his heals. Sometimes I will run with Jaesa, just because I love (Dark) Jaesa. But I hardly ever use Vette, Pierce, or Broonmark, because I simply have no use for them.

I think they originally intended for all companions to have actually playable personal missions, like each first companion has, but that they cut back on them and only implemented the cinematics/conversations.

I liked it. Like so much that i'll give ya another idea, to make the story going on.

The daily could have continuation day by day. You could do the first daily mission today and the next daily mission is continuation of this first one. It could have something like 7 steps, if you do all day, one each day of the week.

Plus, you could have more than one path making each round of seven dailies different. As the exemple of an idea i had and posted long time ago. Check it here ----> Story with different paths

My idea can compliment yours. Plus other thing i thought and posted too. Missions to the guild. Somehow similiar to your idea. Please check it here ---> Guild's Quests/Story

This idea of mine is part of a group of ideas i had for guilds. Check the others here ----> Patch 1.x Guilds and Guild HQs

And your idea can mach up another idea i had for world pvp that some of the missions on this map could be class daily pvp related: Denova (Rep vs. Imp PvP planet)

By the way, other ideas:

World Pvp My Ilum Map

Space Instance/Operation

Legacy