Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Bring Back my Electro Dart


Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.15.2013 , 08:27 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Thats my whole point. 1 DPS should neutralize, not kill, a healer.

If a healer cant even heal themself through 1 person's damage....I mean lets just think about that for a minute... That means they also cannot heal a DIFFERENT person through 1 enemy's damage.

Some people are saying that in a 2 on 1, a healer should not be able to keep their ally alive against 1 opponent?
The balance of two DPS wearing down each others health at the same rate is unbalanced the moment a health boost is given to one of them. Your example is false.

If it's a DPS vs a tank + healer, again the DPS loses because the tank can sponge so much of the damage that the healer can recover it easily.

If it's a DPS vs a healer + healer, it's a self-heal + extra heal fest and no kill will occur at all.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Choffware's Avatar


Choffware
01.15.2013 , 10:01 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthBloodloss View Post
Thats my whole point. 1 DPS should neutralize, not kill, a healer.

If a healer cant even heal themself through 1 person's damage....I mean lets just think about that for a minute... That means they also cannot heal a DIFFERENT person through 1 enemy's damage.

Some people are saying that in a 2 on 1, a healer should not be able to keep their ally alive against 1 opponent?
A 1v1 fight with a healer should last long in most cases and the longer it lasts it should be advantage healer ... but at some point given cool downs skill and timing... certain dps classes should be able to take one out 1v1. If not one there would be no reason to roll dps. No a healer can't be one shotted... but they can't be indestructible. This is why Ops healers are still op in warzones...
Mantorin 55 Marauder || Choff lvl 55 Merc || Chof lvl 51 Sorc

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
01.15.2013 , 10:15 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Bloodcharged View Post
Then remove snipers ranged root, it is *********** ******** they get to keep theres when they already had and still have higher survivability then Mercs against melee.
psst. root is not a stun, can miss ( I think? ), only stun sniper has i 4 meters range - and he doesn't want to be in that range any way.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.15.2013 , 10:32 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
psst. root is not a stun, can miss ( I think? ), only stun sniper has i 4 meters range - and he doesn't want to be in that range any way.
A root lines you up for a cast attack and an instant attack before you can move again.

Or you can blow a cc breaker on a root.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
01.15.2013 , 10:57 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
A root lines you up for a cast attack and an instant attack before you can move again.

Or you can blow a cc breaker on a root.
While rooted you can still attack, pass the ball, USE defensive cool down... interrupt caps, heal...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
01.15.2013 , 05:02 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
While rooted you can still attack, pass the ball, USE defensive cool down... interrupt caps, heal...
I love the way you're passing off being rooted in front of a sniper as well as whatever else might be going on as a trivial thing.

A root is nothing for them to apply but to counter the very substantial disadvantages of it we must use much more valuable tools which we have very few of.
Hotwired @ Not Good Enough @ ToFN