Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ranked warzone pick up games

To-le
12.31.2012 , 09:25 AM | #11
I had a great time also. It was fun playing close games and not getting smashed by unsensored's A team every time.

donthedondon
12.31.2012 , 10:05 AM | #12
Glad to see people posting they had fun , let's keep this a positive thing. We can't police who q's for ranked and when lol so hopefully no one was discouraged by the losses to uncensored / unicorns and will participate again. I won't be on tonight and not sure about tomorrow as i will be out of town so if someone wants to get this going tomorrow they're welcome to do so.

The main idea here is to introduce players to ranked and the environment hopefully other teams will understand this and be respectful , we can't ask a certain guild / group not to q up when we were doing this event but hopefully impside will follow suit so there are more ranked pugs to play and introduce our new faces to some evenly matched competitive games. Happy new years everyone.

Ekoado
12.31.2012 , 10:16 AM | #13
Right lets clarify this. I "Xilriso" from Unicorn Stampede formed the ImpPvP channel which is then copied by Combatmedic and xfered to a Pub Version. So i find this out and later that night Neb comes into our mumble and asks if we can get a group together to queue up. I pug in our ImpPvP channel and pick up Devil and Moonrunner, now lets put this bluntly. 2 of the people we had in our group have hit 50 within the last 2 weeks on their toons so I really don't see what all the fuss is about. We admittedly had more people from the same guild in a group but for anyone who suggests we rolled this and stomped people is utterly delusional. We won like 6 or 7 and lost 2. And those wins were close for many of those games with a 3-3 huttball for example. For people who suggest we "stack" teams . grow up and learn how to take a loss for a change. Unfortunately we do not have anywhere near the base of PvPrs to pug from that you reps do so next time don't bother asking us to form a group then continually coming into our mumble and ask us to bring undergeared scrubs into our team so you can then go back to stomping us.

Seriously guys, learn to take a loss now and then without crying about it. I respect many of you as players but you don't see me making forum posts every time I get beat in ranked or otherwise.

Xilriso/Xzil/Argofal
Tibblesworth - Commando Heals - ToFN
T'ibbs - Scoundrel Heals - ToFN
Zxil - Powertech Tank - Jedi Covenant
UNICORNS

ComputerSaidNo
12.31.2012 , 10:27 AM | #14
I had a fun time doing this, I hope we can have more nights with just as many or more teams queuing.
R E D E K

Pitzzin
12.31.2012 , 10:56 AM | #15
I had a lot of fun last night, all the matches were close and entertaining till the end. Thank you for organizing this and I hope we do it again soon.

foxmob
12.31.2012 , 11:03 AM | #16
never saw the <uncensored/unicorns> team, but my team did run into the imp and pub versions of <lucky7> and the <repstrikesback/red5> team. we dominated the <lucky7s> and got dominated by the other. dunno what's up with the matchmaking. I'm convinced if there isn't a similar team available at that moment, they just put you up against whomever is available. anyway, we didn't have a guardian or even trooper tank or a combat sent, so we were pretty fuct against the properly composed team. still, it was a fun night, and how could the lucky7s have felt to run into a pug full of ppl prolly as good as their best couple? iunno.

definitely worth trying again. would like to see the rep strikes back/red5 and the lucky7 guys jump into the lottery with us next time.

edit: what is the imp channel called so I can put my imps in it?
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

totherkins
12.31.2012 , 11:08 AM | #17
To CM and neb i love this idea and i support it but a lot of unicorn stampede guys haven't done ranked sure we do ok in pugs but im trying to put our name out their in ranked and trust me when i say we have A LOT of work to do if you guys want to roflstomp us ill let you know when we are queing but we have just as much work to do as any other guild that isn't ld-50 or uncensored.
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

totherkins
12.31.2012 , 11:09 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirothen View Post
Hey just as an FYI to all, the group that we have been putting together every night has been playing for the last 2 weeks or so. We only fill spots with other guildies when some people are not available. One night we pugged Cuattro from QQ but for the most part its a Republic Strikes Back/Red Five group. We went 5-1 or 6-1 last night.
FYI you had a pub group that did the same thing
Tötherkins - 50 tank Juggernaut
Ultimate Individual Class PVP Records 2.0
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...78#post6184878

foxmob
12.31.2012 , 11:22 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by totherkins View Post
FYI you had a pub group that did the same thing
yeah. they got a couple free wins off of my grp. and we never did get to face any of the other lottery teams. heh
meh
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
TL;DR Bolster is meant to help entry level players, ranked PvP is not entry level PvP.

NickEwok
12.31.2012 , 11:39 AM | #20
Unless your going to train everyone into being a pro-player, or let PUGS win games so they don't take the losses, I do not see how this will work. Seems to me this "queue" issue is more of a game issue than a server issue. Even if this works for a little, it is only a matter of time before certain teams start to stand out and stomping others, the queues will die again and the cycle continues. Nothing personal, just my .02. If it works, more power to you, no matter the person or guild, I am all for supporting PvP in this game. Good luck
Soultiger
Jedi Shadow PvP
The Watchmen
Jedi Covenant :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giYc-Z32VCY