Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

personal speeders training cost

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
personal speeders training cost

austringer
01.04.2012 , 01:59 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zorvan View Post
Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.
I have to throw this in because I thought it...well, stupid. You come across a speeder in your travels (Nar Shadaa) and jump on and AWAY YOU GO!! Well, if I don't need to waste 40K on that speeder, give me that one and you can keep the other!

Leilei
01.04.2012 , 02:00 PM | #22
Okay.

Now explain why your character is so stupid you have to be level 25 and pay for training for a speeder, but you can fly a million credit starship with no training at all at level 13+.
I thought C2N2 was the one doing the flying....

Valfodr
01.04.2012 , 02:37 PM | #23
Are people really pulling the, "It doesn't make sense cause if this was RL, a spaceship would be harder to pilot than a speeder?" thing?

Guys, we're playing in a world where 3 foot tall hooded Jawas can sling lightning from their fingers, hit you in the face and you come out with your eyebrows in tact. Your eyebrows son. :|

How about we don't start trying to apply real world physics to game balance.

inb4 BHs should be able to OHKO with missiles, and inquisitors should have to go to a Hospital after they fire lightning.

pinkfreudHC
01.04.2012 , 02:40 PM | #24
What's ridiculous is the huge price to pay for level 50 speeder training/speeder for only 20% more speed. C'mon, make them 150% atleast.

JonnySiniwali
01.04.2012 , 02:44 PM | #25
God, are people really still whining about this? At higher levels you will be making enough for speeder training many times over just doing missions, or running flashpoints, or pvping, or doing whatever it is you do besides hanging out at the republic fleet.

Fact: The speeder training was not even a pot hole in the road. If it is for you, then you are spending your money on really stupid things. It doesn't need to be re-evaluated. People who can't afford it need to re-evaluate how they spend their credits.

Skerry
01.04.2012 , 02:44 PM | #26
Okay.

Have you seen how you fly that million credit starship. Straight. You can't turn or go backwards so I would hardly call that training. I would call that about right for someone with no training

Those barrel rolls? those aren't maneuvers or evasive actions, those are CRAP spilled my tatooine juice all over the droid again!!

(I actually have no trouble with the space travel; but it does fit the question)
"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
Martin Luther King, Jr.

Maintain
01.04.2012 , 02:45 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Emperor_Troll View Post
so i got this way super cool FREE starship that i apparently know how to pilot (for FREE) and go into space combat with, but i have to pay 40k credits just to learn to ride a personal speeder?

i understand game money sinks and can accept the cost of personal speeders themselves, but this is just silly.

judging by posts made on the cost of training abilities, respecs and gear repair at high levels as well, there should be a complete reevaluation of money sinks and mandatory expenditures so they fall on the more reasonable side.
You apparently don't follow your classes story.

austringer
01.04.2012 , 02:47 PM | #28
And if you really, really, really want to get technical, that ship isn't yours, it belongs to the Empire. They will probably want it back some time.

TitanJJ
01.04.2012 , 02:50 PM | #29
the 40k at 25 was very easy to do.

the 210k at 40 (for only 10% speed increase no less)... well, let's just say i'm still saving :\ it's a tad steep.
THAT'S NO MOON

Shuno
01.04.2012 , 02:55 PM | #30
How much is speeder training level 2 at 40? Just so i know how much to save.

Ta!

EDit ah nvm, the person above me posted a split second before me hehe.

SWG Euro Farstar
----------